Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

News Hamilton wins Jap GP

Hamilton drove a brilliant race in terrible conditions

Lewis Hamilton took a huge stride towards becoming the first man to win win the title in his first season with victory in the Japanese Grand Prix.
    The Englishman drove a masterful race in treacherous wet conditions as his chief rival and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso crashed out.
    Hamilton leads the Spaniard by 12 points with 20 available in the two remaining races in China and Brazil.
    Heikki Kovalainen's Renault was second ahead of the Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen.
    Hamilton's performance, in his first wet Grand Prix, was as controlled and impressive as any he has produced in a scintillating season.
    And it means he will win the championship in China next weekend if he beats Alonso, or loses no more than a point to him.
    The 22-year-old survived a spin following a collision with Robert Kubica, for which the BMW Sauber driver was penalised, and eased to a brilliant win in an incident-packed race.
    The pouring rain at one point put the entire event in doubt, with conditions so poor that the race was started under the safety car.
    And there was immediate controversy when Ferrari started their cars on intermediate tyres rather than the extreme wets that had been demanded by race director Charlie Whiting.
    Ferrari said they did not know of Whiting's instructions, and soon pulled Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa into the pits to change to the correct tyres.
    The safety car stayed out for 19 laps before Whiting decided the track was safe enough to race on.
    Hamilton quickly built a three-second lead over Alonso, which the double world champion then stabilised until the two men made their first pit stops.
    Alonso, usually outstanding in the wet, came in first, on lap 27, and rejoined in traffic down in sixth place. Hamilton stopped a lap later and came out third.
    On new tyres and a heavier fuel load, the two silver cars began to struggle a little, and Hamilton dropped as low as sixth, with Alonso down in 10th, behind rivals who had yet to stop.
    Alonso's rear bodywork had been damaged when he was hit by Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and tipped into a spin on his first lap out of the pits.
    That will have reduced his car's downforce, and the 26-year-old lost control coming out of the tricky and fast Turn Five and smashed into the wall on the entry to Turn Six.
    That brought out the safety car, with Hamilton in the lead ahead of Red Bull's Mark Webber and German rookie Sebastian Vettel in the sister Toro Rosso.
    But Vettel smashed into the back of Webber while the field was still being controlled, leaving the Australian furious, and promoting the impressive Kovalainen into second, ahead of Massa, the second Red Bull of David Coulthard and Raikkonen.
    Raikkonen passed Coulthard around the outside of Turn Five with 11 laps to go, and that put him just a place behind Massa, who was mathematically out of the title race.
    Massa came in for a tyre stop on the next lap, promoting Raikkonen into third place, and ensuring he gained an extra point.
    The Finn tried hard to pass countryman Kovalainen in the closing laps.
    Raikkonen actually passed the Renault on the final lap, but Kovalainen re-passed him immediately and held on to the flag.
    That leaves the Finn 17 points adrift of Hamilton in the championship - still technically within reach, but effectively out of contention unless Hamilton has problems in both remaining races.
    Coulthard was fourth, ahead of the Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella, and Massa, who won a no-holds-barred battle with Kubica on the final lap. Toro Rosso's Vitantonio Liuzzi was eighth, picking up his team's first points of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7020434.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hamilton wins Jap GP

Well worth getting up for. He is getting very close now.

GET IN

Thanks
    Karma Level

can't believe how much ITV bumlick hamilton ¬.¬, very eventful race though, especially after such a poor start
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

This will be a reat achievement if he pulls it off. First man to win the title in his first year, although he did have the advantage of starting his career in the best team around.
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    This will be a reat achievement if he pulls it off. First man to win the title in his first year, although he did have the advantage of starting his career in the best team around.
    The team are very very strong but take a look at last years constructors championship in which they managed to finish only 3rd. The drivers deserve alot of credit as well imho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hamilton does deserve credit, but at the beggining of the season, McLaren were untouchable. Even if you don't think they were the best, they were at the very least, one of the most competitive teams.
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    take a look at last years constructors championship in which they managed to finish only 3rd.
    they were driving a different car :X
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you'll find they was still running a Mclaren Mercedes.

Is it the revised car that has made all the difference or the drivers or a culmination of both ?
    Last edited by tips; 30th September 2007 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's still a legend... I'd love to see Alonso's miserable mug when he has to congratulate him!
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    He's still a legend... I'd love to see Alonso's miserable mug when he has to congratulate him!
    You and me both mate. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I fail to understand why Ferrari weren't black flagged, they blatantly flouted the intructions of the race director.
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stu99 View Post
    I fail to understand why Ferrari weren't black flagged, they blatantly flouted the intructions of the race director.
    Incase you havent cottoned on yet the mafia have bought Bernie and FIA.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Incase you havent cottoned on yet the mafia have bought Bernie and FIA.
    Yes it was more of a statement than a question. Sadly it is now the Ferrari/FIA racing team.
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stu99 View Post
    Yes it was more of a statement than a question. Sadly it is now the Ferrari/FIA racing team.
    It has been since Schufuckers 2nd season with them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    I think you'll find they was still running a Mclaren Mercedes.

Is it the revised car that has made all the difference or the drivers or a culmination of both ?
    thanks for pointing out that Mclaren Mercedes were driving a Mclaren Mercedes car last season

it's clearly heavily to do with the revised car...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen View Post
    thanks for pointing out that Mclaren Mercedes were driving a Mclaren Mercedes car last season

it's clearly heavily to do with the revised car...
    The car is obviously a very competetive car. But for a rookie to be leading the Title race as Lewis is, in a team where his co driver just happens to be the current World Champion (Double). It's not all down to the car. The guy is something very special.

Would Lewis be leading it if he was driving for Spyker? No he wouldn't.
    But would any of the other 20+ drivers from the other teams be in the same position Lewis is in with Alonso running alongside them. I don't think they would.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Alonso is such a tool. Great result for Hamilton, hope he goes all the way.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Alonso is such a tool. Great result for Hamilton, hope he goes all the way.

DJ OD
    Agreed I hope that Alonso is remembered for being the doulbe world champion that lost to a rookie

Saying that I was screaming at the TV when I saw a McLaren had crashed until they announced it was Alonso!

Thanks
    Karma Level

well done lewis.no take it on 2 the next race and win the title .

Thanks
    Karma Level

one's again golden boy gets lucky... personally I don't think he deserves to win Jap GP - he said - "I was very fortunate that I finished," - by driving in front with perfect visibility and no spry in the face ... hmmm - i call that - lucky - not the champion win.
    For me man of the race was - Kimi Raikkonen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast