Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Not unusual for the model number of a beemer not to match up to the engine displacement, some 316 compacts had 1.9 engines, 323s with 2.5s etc, check the model. wikipedia has a great deal of info on which engines which models really have. Same goes for some mercs (1.8 supercharged engine in a 200 model etc)
Nah, matey has a 735 that says 735 on the back and on the log book but site said 730. I know what you mean tho, whats the point in naming cars by engine size if you're not gonna do it right. Was surprised when me old man bought a c200k few weeks ago and it turned out to be a 1.8, and looking around it seems like merc have really lost their consistency in naming models.

On another note, I saw a poster in a police station that mentioned the askmid site so I'm guessing it must be legit and have some legit way of gaining access to the motor insurance database. This surprises me as the site looked ok but not as stupidly flash as I would expect if the govt had the chance to squander millions on it.