Close

Thread: Giz a job/clue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Giz a job/clue

I've got my licence to sell alcohol and for the past six or seven years I've managed pubs, wine bars and clubs. I'd been pretty lucky with my last few jobs, stepping out of one straight into the next and getting live-in positions or accommodation included.

The last job I had ended suddenly when the owner of the place I was running got into trouble and had to sell all his businesses. I wasn't too bothered as I'd got a bit of cash in the bank and my Mum has got a big fuck off house with a nice empty flat attached to it.

Now it's a year later, I've spent nearly all of my savings, I can't find a new pub (club, restaurant, etc...) or an agency that will find one for me and on top of that I'm thinking that I want a different career, but don't have a clue what I want to do.

I've got no ties, I'd like to move somewhere. (I'd like to stay Northen/Midlands though) What the hell should I do!? Answers on a postcard.
    20 single men... 20 single women... 300 ravenous monkeys! Melanie,- START THE MACHINE!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Giz a job/clue

So move in to mainstream retail managment pick one that you know somthink about use your managment background if all ells falls bullshit your way in to a job and see if you can wing it till you get the hang of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What interests you? Have a think about that and then see about what's open to you with your experience and if nothing is particularly suitable then see about gaining a qualification to do something you actually want to do.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow. I was horribly pissed last night and just feeling a bit, well, pissed. My ex bird rang me up and I was just singing the Smirnoff blues.

I am thinking about trying to find a different career though. Maybe trying to start a little business.
    20 single men... 20 single women... 300 ravenous monkeys! Melanie,- START THE MACHINE!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bensons View Post
    Wow. I was horribly pissed last night and just feeling a bit, well, pissed. My ex bird rang me up and I was just singing the Smirnoff blues.

I am thinking about trying to find a different career though. Maybe trying to start a little business.
    List your interest/qualification mate, I'll run it through a matching programme to give you some suitable careers. I could post all the questions, but there's about 150, and frankly, I can't be arsed just yet!

If you want them all though, let me know.