Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 the wii and modchipping

in my opinion the wii is,as everyone knows a runaway success.
    but if you look at the software lineup,theres so much garbage out there where these sad little devs have jumped on the wii bandwagon to make some quick cash and churn out this shit.
    having said all this,i think all wii owners should mod chip or get a modded wii cos why would u wanna pay full whack for all the lameass titles that are thrown out?
    it just hasnt many decent A+ titles...mario galaxy and resident evil umbrella chronicles are signs that devs are pushing it more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: the wii and modchipping

to add further,iv played most wii games and on average,they hold my attention for 30mins unless there top quality but even then i find myself going back to the xbox 360.
    the conclusion is i like the wii and have nothing against it,well done nintendo!!
    its just the games are very hit and miss so far.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They are what I describe personally as a kiddy console. Few games capture my attention either, bar resident evil 4. The interaction with the controllers was a master stroke by nintendo, which is the main force behind it's success IMHO.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

just like it for what it is, its a laugh with a few of you, nintendo never siad it was a one player console, its about friends and and having a laugh. Get a load of your mates round, get drunk and play sports or something similar.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah I agree with that Lithho, mine has had virtually no use in 1 player, other than galaxy and zelda but the multiplayer stuff has been fantastic, we've had some great laughs at partys too, nothing (other than the cube & warioware) has come close to doing that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

And I'll jump on this bandwagon. In my house, it gets the odd galaxy, odd zelda game but apart from that sits dormant until theres a few of us having a play on something.
    For a one player marathon game session, 360 gets the attention.
    Bod it does exactly what they say it does and it does it well. Kudos.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

exactly the same here its made for party play... it just lies dormant for some reason... i played man hunt 2 a few times on it.. butps3 and 360 last longer.. the games are just gimmicky for me.. no depth really.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Since Mario Galaxy came out my 360 & Ps3 have been gathering dust. Sure the 360 is better for in depth single player games but when Nintendo bring out great games like Mario, Zelda & Metroid the Wii becomes the only system i play. Mario Kart & Smash Brothers will do this again next year. Nothing can top the gameplay experience Nintendo deliver with their franchises.

At the moment though, since beating Mario galaxy completely, the Wii hasnt even been turned on, time to catch up on the 360 and ps3 games i havent had time to play because of that damn addictive Mario franchise

Thanks
    Karma Level

the games are no more gimmicky than on any other console, don't get me wrong. The fact is I just don't have time to sit playing a 1 player game for hours on end anymore.
    I have no interest what so ever in the 360's line up at the mo, 90% of the games on it i can play on my PC with better controls and graphics.
    The Wii fits in with my lifestyle perfectly, the occasional 1player game on mario/metroid (which I absolutely love) and regular weekend beer n multiplayer sessions. Best 180 quid Ive spent in a loooong time.
    If I missed out on playing galaxy, id feel like id missed out on an important part of gaming history, if i missed out on any of the current 360/ps3 games, Id just be missing out on yet another FPS/Street racer/tombraider clone. I really couldnt give a shit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Wii may be a party console, but that doesn't mean it can't have really good titles for it.
    I agree with PJRed99. Many developers seem to have thrown together a title to cash in on the ground-breaking game play. However, there are titles out there that prove the Wii can have great single player games.

On an unrelated subject, I was wondering whether anyone knew anything about Link's Crossbow Training. It seems other practice games can be unlocked, but I don't know how.

Edit: I was finally able to spend some quality time with the game and found that earning medals in score attack was the way to open new levels. Duuuuhhh.
    Last edited by powerhouselb; 10th January 2008 at 05:31 PM.

Social Networking Bookmarks