Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dream Camera ,DSLR

I was wondering what camera's out there are your dream camera if money wasn't an object ,

Think mine would be the Nikon D3 ,simply because i like the operation of the D40 ,and it has a host of features including an exclusive 12.1 effective megapixel FX format (36.0x23.9mm) image sensor with 12-channel read out, a blazing-fast 9 fps frame rate, expandable ISO settings from 200-6400, a completely new 51-Point autofocus system, a 3-inch VGA LCD screen with Live View and a cutting-edge image processing system .Only thing is it has a price tag of around £3k to £4k

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dream Camera ,DSLR

Have to say at this point, I don't have one. Mainly because I have nowhere near unlocked the potential of my 400D yet so don't really understand a great deal, the benefits of other cameras over the 400D.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Take a look at different cameras and hold it in your hand. Go with the one with the right feel and styling that appeals to you. As for features, you will probably not use 80% of the features. I have been in the photographic field for over 30 years and you only need a few of the common functions to make good pictures. With technology the way it is now most brand name camera such as Nikon, Canon, etc will have great technical features.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just want a full frame sensor which should become more affordable over time. £3k ish at the moment, but you could pay that for a 2mpix DSLR when they first launched years ago.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have always wanted a hasselblad medium format camera, even more so now they have released the new Hasselblad H3D-II-39 Digital SLR, it's a monster.. 39mp yes 39mp!!! And a snip at only £21.5k.

Failing that the new Canon EOS 1DS Mark III, um, droll......
    My Kit - A camera thingy or two, some lenses, two eye's and a heap of imagination.
    My Websites - My Flickr :: My Blog :: My Site

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut519 View Post
    I have always wanted a hasselblad medium format camera, even more so now they have released the new Hasselblad H3D-II-39 Digital SLR, it's a monster.. 39mp yes 39mp!!! And a snip at only £21.5k.

Very nice piece of kit by the looks of it. Just about good enough for taking pics of the birds in my garden !

MML
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are they not still having trouble with this camera? One of Canons biggest failures yet according to many Pros over at DPReview.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Very nice piece of kit by the looks of it. Just about good enough for taking pics of the birds in my garden !

MML
    Reckon it would do an ok job, just need one of those cheapo tripods from Jessops to keep it semi still and you should get some half decent ones then i reckon...

Are they not still having trouble with this camera? One of Canons biggest failures yet according to many Pros over at DPReview.
    Yeah, have read that several times before too mate, Also with such a large file / sensor size many are having to reduce files sizes to comply with certain photo agencies.. Seems daft really and such a shame is it failing but the concept of it makes it stay one of my dream cameras..
    My Kit - A camera thingy or two, some lenses, two eye's and a heap of imagination.
    My Websites - My Flickr :: My Blog :: My Site

Thanks
    Karma Level

39mpix, tiny! how about 160 mpix :

http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/intern.../d925/f934.cfm

says its a 'scan' though, whatever that means, but id love to try that camera.

Check out one of the sample pics, a mere 1.1gig in tiff think i may need a new CF card.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    I just want a full frame sensor which should become more affordable over time. £3k ish at the moment, but you could pay that for a 2mpix DSLR when they first launched years ago.
    Yep I've got a Canon D30 and managed to swindle that with 24mm prime lense and 380ex flash for £180! oh how times change ay!

Full frame is magical no doubt!!!

one of only a few Nikon D3 bodies came into our shop the other day so I had a play................Have to agree that the d3 is a wonderous machine in my dreams every night. but wait a while and it'll naturally go down in price.....hopefully!