Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Advice needed please

hi all all the best
    ive just got myself a lcd tv its going on the wall it has hdmi and scart sockets i want to link up my cable box but it has no hdmi input on box only scart and i dont want to use a scart because from the tv to cable box its some distance i was going to buy a dvd recorder with hmi and scart inputs link the tv to it with hmi and put the cable box into the back of recorder with scart will this work hope you can understand this many thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: advice needed please

It should work mate - the dvd recorder would just be tuned to the external input (your stb) and you would be able to watch your channels through that - just remember to point the remote to the stb and not the telly mate - I had something similar setup and the wife couldnt get the 'bloody telly' to change channels for ages - lol
    [live=bob808bob]bob808bob[/live]

If at first you dont succeed, try, try again - then stop... there's no point being an idiot about it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

It will work but the DVD Recorder will always need to be set to the SCART input of the Cable box so that you can get a picture on the TV. That's fine unless you want to watch one channel and record another. Unless the DVD recorder has a dual tuner. (but then you'll nee another input to it as well or at least an aerial cable going in.)
    Lets bring back the word Rad......

[live=Sushi%20MaC]Sushi MaC[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

You are aware that the HDMI lead, is just another type of SCART lead 'satman' my friend .. ??

A decent quality, screened, SCART lead should easily manage 9 foot (maybe more ??), or is that still too little .. ??

Having a SCART connection from the Cable Box, to a DVD Recorder, and extended further with a HDMI lead, is likely to suffer more than a screened SCART lead that ran the total length itself..

Would a better solution not be to extend the cable input lead (the RF lead that comes into your home, and connects to the 'Cable Box/tuner', and move the Cable box, and the DVDRecorder, closer to (maybe below), the new wall mounted LCD TV .. ??

The cable lead will have 'F' connectors, so you would just need an extention lead, with a male and female 'F' connector on it, far less lossy than a SCART and/or HDMI leads ..

PLUS:
    Your good lady could point the remote 'more or less' at the TV again ..

Procode ..