Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default random stuff to make lasagna better

got a new girlfriend who doesnt like getting drunk, so a valentines day meal seems the quickest route into her nickers

i once had to make a lasagna for a group of people containing a vegetarian so i found a veggie lasagna recipe. it had some layers of spinach leaves as well as the usual layers of pasta and whatever it was i used instead of meat in it. i've since copied that idea in proper meat lasagnas and its very nice. it also works quite well if you do a layer of spinach with a very thin layer of mozarella or something on top of it in the middle of the lasagna

they put something red in the lasagnas in the canteen at uni. they are fucking amazing and i cant work out what vegetable/fruit/thing it is, must have bought pretty much every red thing i can find in the local tesco. its sort of like a chilli or a red pepper but its not chilli or pepper.

obviously the usual spices and different varieties of tomatoes and cheese and all that jazz too, anybody got anything specific and strange that they like to use?

what's everyones thoughts on letting it cool then reheating it to let the flavours infuse? does the baddness of reheating counteract the goodness of letting it infuse?

anybody make their own pasta from scratch? i have done it once before but was bog standard flour+egg mashed together until it looked like pasta with no other ingredients or any special techniques to make it super good. tbh it wasnt really any different from the standard lasagna sheets you can buy own brand from any supermarket so probably not worth the hassle without something special to add to it

anybody had any amazing jarred sauces that they reckon would beat anything i could make? i've never cooked anything pasta-wise using a jarred sauce so i know nothing about them. what's all your favourites? i quite like the idea of starting with one and then fucking about with it in the style of one of those famous french chefs who taste it with a tiny spoon and decide what to add.

sorry to ask lots of questions, am hoping my previous experience helps some people in return for any other advice people have. i'm off to have a google around the recipe sites just now to see if i can find any stories about brilliant ones

the quest for the perfect lasagna will hopefully be ended and it will hopefully be ended by twoplanks!
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: random stuff to make lasagna better

I haven't cooked Lasagna for years and probably for a good reason too lol, however
    I stumbled across this recipe just after christmas and I must say it's got me tempted
    to have another go.

http://mylasagnarecipe.com/

I am sorry I cant offer my own personal advice , but I thought that recipe
    might help you on your quest for the perfect lasagna
    You Failed To Maintain Your Weapon

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
    I haven't cooked Lasagna for years and probably for a good reason too lol, however
    I stumbled across this recipe just after christmas and I must say it's got me tempted
    to have another go.

http://mylasagnarecipe.com/

I am sorry I cant offer my own personal advice , but I thought that recipe
    might help you on your quest for the perfect lasagna
    that's got some ace ideas in it actually mate, i have had loads of italian food with sausage in it but totally forgot all about it until i saw it mentioned there

he has a fairly long list of other ingredients too in addition to the basic 3 (tomatoes, mince pasta). will certainly be trying a few of those
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

try pepperdew peppers - kinda like pickled really mild chillies - that might be it