Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Simon, I'm sorry

Ok this a long winded confession so please bear with me.

A few years ago my mate got a new car so couldn't afford to go out on the lash with us. Instead he became our designated taxi, basically we paid him to take us to town and pick us up instead of getting a taxi to do it. He got petrol money and a couple of quid on top as well.

Anyway, after one weekend out I offered to swap cars for him for the day to drive to work etc and then return it swap back. Basically he drives my car to his place of work and I drove his car to where I worked. He accepted so we did the trade on Monday morning.

I get to work and grab my stuff from the back seat and notice a set of keys. I calls my mate up and ask him if he's lost his house keys, he says no. Weird so anyway after work I drive his car back to his place and show him the keys. He instantly recognises the keys as a mate of ours, Simon, who I was out drinking with just 2 days ago on Saturday night. Basically, Simon must have dropped the keys by accident in the car and I'm presuming his flatmate let him in when he got dropped off home.

I decided to keep hold of the keys for the time being. Come Friday we usually meet up in the pub for a few to discuss what we'll be doing over the weekend etc. I hatch a plan and call Simon on Friday night to arrange a time to meet. I said to him 6pm at The Grapes pub and he agrees.

After the call I call up the rest of the lads to meet me at Simon's flat at 6.05pm. At 6pm I call Simon to confirm where he is and he says he's at the pub waiting for us. I tell him we're running a bit late but will be there in about 10 mins. Anyway, with the cost clear in his flat and his flatmate out we let ourselves in and move the entire contents of his room, the bed which is by the wall is now on the opposite side of the room, posters are taken down, move and put upside down and general random shit like changing the time on his clock and setting the alarm for some stupid time. His TV is put upside down for good measure and also swapping his CD's so the CD case says one thing but the CD inside is something else and finishing off with stacking a load of other furniture in his room in the middle trying to make it look all poltergeist stylee. While doing this we find one of them disposable cameras and start taking pictures of each other doing this.

After our handy work we hit the pub and carry on as normal and raising the odd subject of the film poltergeist where they stack shit up in the kitchen while trying to keep a straight face. It was a good night and I went home pissed and not thinking about it.

Next day I was up bright and early amd on a train to Bath to see someone. On the train down I calls one one of my mates who helped me "decorate" and asked if he spoke to Simon. My mate is like, "f**king hell, you wouldn't believe what happened .... Simon called me when he got home from the pub and said he had been broken into and his flat was a mess! He called the cops and they've been round to take finger prints and his landlord said he won't be returning his deposit because of having to replace all the locks etc ....." Oh F**K was my initial reaction. Anyway from that moment on we decided to keep quiet.

Keeping this has been eating me up for years so I am sorry mate and if only you had decided to get your lazy arse into gear and bother printing the pictures in that disposable camera you would have seen it was us. Please forgive me !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Simon, I'm sorry

Buahahaha, brilliant

Thanks
    Karma Level

good story but has the whole bit at the begining about your mate who doest go out but instead drives you about got to do with anything.

You could have started the story saying your mate Simon left his keys in a mates car....

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

great read, matey

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats a classic, shame it backfired - making him think he had ghosts would of been better.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob2002 View Post
    good story but has the whole bit at the begining about your mate who doest go out but instead drives you about got to do with anything.

You could have started the story saying your mate Simon left his keys in a mates car....
    good point, think this whole confessional thing got to me m8!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Very good mate!
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

buhahahahah a good read. poor bloke. you all wear gloves then

Thanks
    Karma Level

class that is
    yeah as nikki says wear gloves

Thanks
    Karma Level

would have been better if you popped in every now and again and just moved something around

that would have fucked him up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    would have been better if you popped in every now and again and just moved something around

that would have fu(ked him up
    That was mentioned, however once the police got involved and the landlord changed the locks it was probably for the best it didn't get that far!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You also should have sellotaped a raw fish to the back of his freezer and under the couch. That's what I'd have done.

Good one all the same.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lol
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 