Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech Using a pc as a proxy to xbox live with a banned console

When using a 360 that is banned does the 360 know that its banned before it connects to the internet or would it be possible to play on live if I could change the console ID code by using my pc as a proxy to live?

If the console knows its banned already and doesn't try to make a connection to live then its not going to work at all without resetting the console somehow.

Even still i'd probably have to create a proxy to live via the pc, so i'd capture the connection attempts of the 360 and then manipulate the packets so that within them the id was changed and then forward these to xbox live via a 2nd network card.
    Any thoughts? I'm not sure if this could even be done.

P.S
    After some research into this, it seems that the xbox live packets are encrypted with a 128bit encryption therefore making it next to impossible to dencrypt. The only idea that I had would be to get a linux box online and start a parrallel dencryption process where users could donate their pc's when there idle to the dencryption process but it'd still require a large number of people to be involved, I reckon it could be in the region of 1 million pc's to dencrypt the packets in a reasonable time scale i.e less than a couple of years! wonder if there are even 1 million banned users with the comuptational power to do this.

If only someone knew if it was possible to change the key via the hardware?
    Last edited by OrangeJuicey; 14th March 2008 at 02:02 PM.