Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Gets XBL Beta, New Art - File Size Limit Not a Concern

Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Gets XBL Beta, New Art - File Size Limit Not a Concern

Capcom announced its intentions to release a beta for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3, X360) alongside an upcoming Xbox Live Arcade title, Gamespot reports. The company revealed that the eight-week beta program will be accessible to Gold Xbox Live subscribers via purchase of its upcoming Commandos 3 on Xbox Live Arcade this spring. Commandos 3 will be priced at 800 Microsoft Points ($10).

The beta will allow gamers to play online as either Ken or Ryu on a single stage. Aimed as a stress test to gauge the title's network functionality prior to its full release on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network later this year, the HD Remix beta will be unlocked shortly after Commandos 3's release.

Capcom also revealed on its official blog that SSF2T HD Remix's art style has been revamped, owing to difficulties in production with the previously established style.

The new visual scheme adopts a scaled-down color palette which producer Rey Jimenez suggests will be much more efficient to animate. The screenshot of Ryu in the new style, Jimenez noted, had not gone through the edge clean-up process the original shot went through and as such might look "a little fuzzy."

The producer went on to dismiss that concerns of file size limitations on the Xbox Live Arcade version of the title may result in a lesser incarnation than its PlayStation Network counterpart.

"I can officially say that the filesize will not be an issue. With great help from the guys at Microsoft, we will be able to offer the same features on both platforms to the same quality as each other," Jimenez wrote. "To use the term I've been reading on the forums, neither console version will be 'gimped' due to any kind of limitation."

Source : shacknews.com
    Last edited by Booyakasha; 12th March 2008 at 11:34 PM.
    You Failed To Maintain Your Weapon

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Gets XBL Beta, New Art - File Size Limit Not a Concern

i love street fighter 2. Infact will go as far as saying its my all time fav game but i wont be paying 800 points for a game i dont want and a very small beta. Come on capcom one stage and 2 players, not really pushing the boat for the fans are they?
    I will just buy it when its finished lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Gets XBL Beta, New Art - File Size Limit Not a Concern

I'll buy street fighter 2 HD as well, but If the commandos 3 trial is good then i might go for that too