Close

Thread: weight gain

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question weight gain

what is the best supplements to buy and what brands should i buy if i want to gain weight both in muscle mass and body fat
    I've search around but most say they reduce fat which i don't really want to do any suggestions welcomed
    P.S want supplements as cant find time or room in stomach for more meals all the time

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: weight gain

what body type are you, ectomorph, mesomorph.. what goal weight are you looking to get to.. what's your current diet like.. do you do any resistance training?

I'll assume your ecto (skinny) ... best thing to do is eat big meals that include a portion of meat and some form of carbs, rice, potatoes, wholemeal bread...

You can add bulking shakes into your diet too but don't rely on them alone as they are not the same as a complete balanced meal... when eating in general you want close to 100% of all you macro and micro nutrients (goodness) from food.

aim to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, which may be 7 or 8 meals a day, that way it'll help spread out you intake total for the day... it really isn't easy unless you prepare in advance.

from experience I wouldn't just start off eating your max intake... build it up slowly say add 250-750 calories to your daily intake every 10-14 days, this will allow your body to adjust/accept the change... I only mention this as you say you're fed up with eating lots.
    Last edited by ffrr; 14th March 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For cheap supps mate, that do the job perfectly well, look at myprotein, all in one, bulk powders and whey consortium.

But ffrr is right, food really is king.

Thanks
    Karma Level

my body type is probably ectomorph I'm currently 10 stone but i want to be about 12 I'm around 6 foot tall maybe a bit under. I have used protiene shakes b4 and find that i can gain weight but its slow around pound a week and when i get near 11 stone it gets really hard and i see little if any physical change.
    I'm at uni so away from home my meals are porridge or cerial for breakfast ready meals or sandwich for lunch and then pizza at dinner and then maybe another ready meal later and a few yougurts b4 bed
    But at home (where i am at the moment) I have proper cooked meals with meat and potatoes and veg along with the same snacks and yogurts
    The main reason i wanted to know what supplements to have was because i have had limited success with them so i was thinking they were a good way to go

Thanks
    Karma Level

Make sure you have a read through the stickies at the top mate, they are full of good info.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have read them and i did get a lot of info from them i'm just unsure about a few things
    One is can the meal replacement drinks work instead of adding to the amount of meals that i have and is there anyway to make it easier to eat more in one go. I ask these questions as the guides say to increase the amount of meals you have but i would find it hard to make the time to do all the preperation i wouldn't replace any my normal meals with supplements just the extra ones that are needed to gain wieght. Also once i have gained do i need to still keep up the same amount of intake
    Also are the guides good for thoes that want to gain fat as well as muscle mass
    Last edited by face; 15th March 2008 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why are you looking to gain fat, may I ask?

To gain weight in general, both muscle and fat, you need a calorie excess. You will gain fat when you gain muscle unless you are very 'lucky' (not for you i guess), or very very strict and bulk lean.

You will be fine adding to your meals with MRP's inbetween, that's what they are for in a way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

After reading this and a few of the other posts (i'm not the only one on here with theses problems) I think all my questions have been answered. I will let you know how it goes and thanks for the advice

Thanks
    Karma Level

bulking is all about training intelligently and having a slight calorific surplus.

supps can help but a balanced diet is the real key.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lard on toast is always a winner.