Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention No ban for speeding V-sign biker

No ban for speeding V-sign biker

Patrick Sheehan-Dinler owned seven high-speed motorbikes

A motorcyclist who stuck two fingers up at a camera as he raced by at up to three times the speed limit has not been banned from driving.
    Patrick Sheehan-Dinler, 29, from Hertfordshire, was captured 65 times by the same 30mph speed camera as he reached speeds of up to 88mph.
    He managed to evade capture through false names, Luton Crown Court heard.
    He was handed a six month term, suspended for 18 months, and ordered to carry out 200 hours community service.
    The court heard how Sheehan-Dinler, of Aycliffe Road, Borehamwood, owned seven high-powered bikes which he would ride up and down the A5183 Elstree Road.
    ...what arrogance. The arrogance exemplified by your hand gestures to the camera as you sped past it

Judge Barbara Mensah

The bikes were registered at his address under different names, so officers were unable to link Sheehan-Dinler to them.
    But officers managed to trace Sheehan-Dinler by finding the new owners of the bikes after he sold them. They also found his usernames and details on the website eBay, which he had used to sell his biking leathers
    Yasin Patel, defending, said the road worker had turned over a new leaf after the birth of his daughter one year ago.
    He said: "He did make mistakes but that was before his daughter was born. He has shown remorse and he apologises for wasting the court's time."
    'Very lucky'
    Judge Barbara Mensah said: "Offences of this nature divert valuable police time, where officers could be investigating serious offenders and offences.
    "The particularly aggravating feature was that these offences were committed over a long period of time and the underlying driving was very serious.
    "Another aggravating feature is, what arrogance. The arrogance exemplified by your hand gestures to the camera as you sped past it.
    "The nature of the disposal of the bikes and your clothing was sophisticated and then the aggravating factor of you being a danger to other road users."
    She added: "Finally I am also aware from the pre-sentence reports of your irresponsible and selfish attitude to your offending." Outside court Sheehan-Dinler said: "I was very lucky, I was a very angry boy in my life but I've changed now and I'm sorry for what I've done. "I didn't go to prison and that's the end of it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/7296889.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: No ban for speeding V-sign biker

Funny but at the same time those speeds are stupid and could easily kill someone! I hate speed cameras as much as the next person but this is bad. How he escaped with such a small punishment after lieing on his insurance (if I read that right wrong identities) and re-offending so many times.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as said above could have killed someone doing that kind of speeds. giving him such a small punishment whats saying he will not do it again !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the report is wrong in saying arrogance...it's anger that the majority of cameras are used as cash machines.

If that's not the case then why aren't they outside every school instead of primarily on long straight dual-carriageways.

Thanks
    Karma Level

very true.. there are none at all near the schools round here, but speed cameras on all the real long straight bits. with cops hiding further down farm tracks with tiny cams on little tripods on the side of the road..
    plus their unmarked black hayabusa. gits.

although admittedly the only times I've been real close to a serious crash was on the straightest road around.. people don't seem to be able to judge speed and distance very well.. or just don't care. kinda wish I had a big metal rod to bash on their roof as they go past.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lol a bit metal rod.. a shotgun to blow the tyres would suffice

Thanks
    Karma Level

Judge Barbara Mensah said: "Offences of this nature divert valuable police time, where officers could be investigating serious offenders and offences
    Obviously we have no serious crime down Surrey way then, as plod are regularly plotted up on the A31 by the Hogs Back junction.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Typical leather joy boy.. Like most people with high powered bikes, he is arrogant!.

Thinks he is above the law and has no respect for other road users!...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Obviously we have no serious crime down Surrey way then, as plod are regularly plotted up on the A31 by the Hogs Back junction.
    Was gonna say that police are needed on the hogs back because people speed far too much along there and because of it's height it can be seriously dangerous with ice/winds/fog etc. Went to wikipedia to see if there were any statistics on accidents along there and instead found this nugget of information.

The Hog's Back Cafe is in a layby on the Guildford to Farnham (west travelling) carriageway of the A31 along the Hog's Back, between the turn offs to Puttenham and Seale. It is popular with lorry drivers, who use the cafe and toilets during the day, and with others who enjoy the woods behind the layby after dark.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnerfreak View Post
    Typical leather joy boy.. Like most people with high powered bikes, he is arrogant!.

Thinks he is above the law and has no respect for other road users!...

I think thats a bit of an unfair sweeping statement. I have a 'high powered' sportsbike as do some of my mates and I am pretty sure none of us would behave like that.

I accept that there are some that you could call arrogant. My daily commute into London see's more arrogance from mid-sized trail bikes. The real problem is anti-social behaviour and possible accidents from youths on scooters.

However - I agree this guy is a prat

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greaseweasel View Post
    I think thats a bit of an unfair sweeping statement. I have a 'high powered' sportsbike as do some of my mates and I am pretty sure none of us would behave like that.

I accept that there are some that you could call arrogant. My daily commute into London see's more arrogance from mid-sized trail bikes. The real problem is anti-social behaviour and possible accidents from youths on scooters.

However - I agree this guy is a prat

the kids on scooters and pillocks riding supermoto's with REALLY loud cans are the worst kind of riders round here

Thanks
    Karma Level

i live between mid and south wales and the amount of middle aged mid life crisis bank managers riding like complete cocks on the open roads around here is rediculous. I know theyre not all like that but i think there is definately a culture

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    i live between mid and south wales and the amount of middle aged mid life crisis bank managers riding like complete cocks on the open roads around here is rediculous. I know theyre not all like that but i think there is definately a culture
    unfortunatly there seems to be more and more fuckwits on bikes nowadays.

all the people i seem to teach now just dont seem to have a clue quite how unforgiving a bike+car+road interface can be.

it really sickens me - i get treated like shit because of these wankers that have no common sense or respect for others

Thanks
    Karma Level

Am I the only one whose noticed an old post had been dragged up?