Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question advice needed on new xbox mod please?

hi guys,
    thanks for help with my last thread. i've now sold my old 360 premium and i'm considering getting an elite this time but i could do with help with a few things from some of the better experienced mods or members here like pizzaman?;

1) with the hdmi elite do i need to look for a specific opening tool or will any do?

2) does anyone have a good guide to opening an elite while retaining the warranty sticker?

3) since my last mod on my last one, iv read in a few places that one of the ways microsoft can detect a mod is the power on with a disconnected drive. how do i go about avoiding this? iv seen the connectivity kit v2 but is this compatible?

4) how far have the new firmwares come with preventing detection? is one in particular worth getting?

5) should i look for a serial number to get a specific drive like a benq?

and lastly...

6) :-) i want to match my hd-dvd drive in black if i get an elite. what colour or type of spray paint should i look for or is it possible to buy a case replacement in black?

Thanks a lot guys ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: advice needed on new xbox mod please?

Quote Originally Posted by davidromorez View Post
    6) :-) i want to match my hd-dvd drive in black if i get an elite. what colour or type of spray paint should i look for or is it possible to buy a case replacement in black?
    I'd get black spray paint

Thanks
    Karma Level

1. Normal opening tools will do

2. Open in normal way but remove warranty sticker using hot hair dryer and razor blade first

3. Connectivity kit is perfect for powering your dvd drive whilst modding, I think eventually all modded consles will be caught, its the chance you take

4. Latest firmwares are all good and supposedly avoid all xbox live detection methods

5. Not sure about serial numbers mate

6. As beerman said black paint lol, I havent seen any HD DVD player case mods as yet

Hope this helps
    Last edited by dave2014; 27th March 2008 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by davidromorez View Post
    1) with the hdmi elite do i need to look for a specific opening tool or will any do?

2) does anyone have a good guide to opening an elite while retaining the warranty sticker?

3) since my last mod on my last one, iv read in a few places that one of the ways microsoft can detect a mod is the power on with a disconnected drive. how do i go about avoiding this? iv seen the connectivity kit v2 but is this compatible?

4) how far have the new firmwares come with preventing detection? is one in particular worth getting?

5) should i look for a serial number to get a specific drive like a benq?

and lastly...

1) Any opening kit will do mate

2) All I do is heat up the warranty sticker with a hair dryer for 2 or 3 minutes then use a scalple to seperate it from the 360 while still applying heat, never failed me!

3) AFAIK this is just a theory, and not 100% proven, but to be safe use the connectivity kit to power the 360 DVD drive, I have one and it works a charm!

4) The newest (iXtreme 1.4) is currently un-detectable, however thats not to say M$ wont find a way to detect it in the future!

5) According to this site you want to get one from LOT 750 or higher for a "guaranteed" BenQ because the same site reports that Hitachi drives have been seen up to LOT 745! And no Sammy has been found in a UK 360 Elite as of yet.

Personally I think the Hitachi is a great drive, so I would just buy any Elite and find out what I got when I get home. However you are most likely to get a BenQ with the Elites.

6) As above, get black spay paint....
    Last edited by Mario87; 27th March 2008 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, i meant more if anybody knew a specific type of spray paint not the colour itself. I meant like matte colour or a gloss or a type of black if anybody had a bash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the help guys tho, its definately put me in the right direction!