Close

Thread: managers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default managers

do anyone think that when a club appoints a new manager there should be a fixed term they should be employed by whatever club? like 2 seasons? example is likes of nucastle i dont think they would of been any worst off if sam was still there! and yet they will probly give keegan time now? (i dont include chelsea in this thinking lol they will just throw money at the prob till its right)

managers do need time to make a team there own dont you think?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: managers

I disagree.. we would be much worse of and probs relegated IMO

Mike Ashley never wated Sam as manager and at the end of the day he owns the club so he decieds simple as that

Mike Ashley is a supporter and wants to see good football not the shite Sam plays.

There is too much money in football for that to ever work..if managers dont get results they get booted and im sure keegan would if we had kept on loosing

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: managers

never know though will we?

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a Sunderland fan i was seriously worried when big sam took the toon job, i thought they then had a manager capable of turning a club around and onto the next level. newcastle didnt give him the chance to do that just because fat ashley didnt like the bloke?
    I think Sam would have done a cracking job if given time.

Keegan will take newcastle nowhere, he has already taken them as high as they will ever go imho.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know i mentioned newcastle but i mean all over prem. look at moyes\arsen\fergie

look at spurs!! up down in form. i think if you cant show a measured impovment in that sort of time then you cant cut it there yet!

back to sam he has like moyes \fergie\arsen.... built a team!

another is paul jewel why he left wigan i cant figure out?....mabbe he needed to leave town kinky fooker lol
    Last edited by the_wizzard; 6th April 2008 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    As a Sunderland fan i was seriously worried when big sam took the toon job, i thought they then had a manager capable of turning a club around and onto the next level. newcastle didnt give him the chance to do that just because fat ashley didnt like the bloke?
    I think Sam would have done a cracking job if given time.

Keegan will take newcastle nowhere, he has already taken them as high as they will ever go imho.
    The thing is when Sam took the Newcastle job he was appointed by Freddie Sheppeard, then a New Owner was brought in with new ideas, although he gave Sam a fair chance of impressing him. Which he didnt.

Whenever anyone takes over any company weather it being football clubs or sweet shops they always want their own staff in to bring out the best of their investment.

Ok Sam's left us with a couple of good players, Those being Baye, Enrique and Geremi (at a push), but look at the state in which he left the club, defensive football going nowhere but down to the fizzy pop league. Basically Sam came to Newcastle to get his foot in the door for the England job....which back fired BIG TIME

Keegan has proved that the same squad of players can play a totally different style of football that gets results and keeps the fans happy, which is what was needed. At Least Keegan is playing his best attacking team atm. OK its took a fair few games to get the rythm going, but looking at Newcastle performances over the last 3-5 games im more than happy with the appointment, and cant wait to see what players keegan and wise bring into the squad in the pre season

As for the whole new manager 2 season thing, i personally think that it would definately make things more interesting, but at the same time could lead to a lower quality of football within the premmier league and the whole of english football

But at the end of the day, you gotta look at man utd, when fergie first arrived at the club they where on the brink of relegation and playing bad football...... just look at them now and for the last 10 years under him, pure genious is both the players he has signed and the way they play football on a whole.

I personally dont think a manager should get at least 2 seasons in charge before he is judged, If its not what the fans want (who basically are the money monkeys for the club) then why allow it to continue for years on end

http://scottio-productions.co.uk/
    XBL : Scottio200 :: PS3 PSN-ID : Scottio200 :: Twitter ID : Scottio200

Thanks
    Karma Level

For me I'd like to see the transfer window applied in the same way. It would make for an even more manic period during the window being open, and all hell would ensue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scottio200 View Post
    although he gave Sam a fair chance of impressing him. Which he didnt.
    I dont believe he was given enough time at all, rome wasnt built in a day and he hardly inherited a league winning squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottio200 View Post
    Keegan has proved that the same squad of players can play a totally different style of football that gets results and keeps the fans happy, which is what was needed.
    would you have said that 2 weeks ago?? im guessing not. Just because of 3 wins keegan is now the messiah again. hilarious!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: managers

I dont believe he was given enough time at all, rome wasnt built in a day and he hardly inherited a league winning squad.

would you have said that 2 weeks ago?? im guessing not. Just because of 3 wins keegan is now the messiah again. hilarious!!
    No but like you said managers need a little time keegan took a few weeks to get his right team..hes playing 3 goal scorers and guess what we are getting goals

Smith on the bench and we start winning he aint a player full stop ..ferguson doesnt get rid of good players

TBH if Roy keane wasnt who he was, he would have been sacked a long time ago also a shis record is terrible

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by karlos130 View Post

TBH if Roy keane wasnt who he was, he would have been sacked a long time ago also a shis record is terrible
    Keanos record isnt terrible mate, promotion in his first season and took over a depleted confidence lacking team. Aim this season was to avoid relegation and he is gonna do it comfortably (after beating your lot at the land fill)

Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao Re: managers

Keanos record isnt terrible mate, promotion in his first season and took over a depleted confidence lacking team. Aim this season was to avoid relegation and he is gonna do it comfortably (after beating your lot at the land fill)
    LOl meant to say his Premiership record....

I agree he has done a good job..but at first it was looking bad for you but given time he has turned the club round a little.

What i meant was other managers havent been given the same sort of time he has.

as for you doing it comfortably 3 games ago you were crapping yourselves ..like us

Thanks
    Karma Level

is this thred about the mags or every manager?????????????????????????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mike Ashley "Cashley" is no fan he wanted to buy Tottenham before, it's just a way to lobby money within a company to avoid the tax man.

On the football side, there is no way a manager should stay if he can't get the respect of his players and Big Sam couldn't get that. Besides, Do Newcastle fans want to see long ball Bolton football?

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah. all the awapping and changing shows how the club operate. i mean look at reading struggling and coppell in firing line? no not at all, madjeski going to stick with him imo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Managers should be given time by the club and not just because they have to.

On the king Kev front i was only saying to someone about 3 weeks ago if Newcastle stay up he'll be hailed as the messiah and 3 wins later..........

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Karlos I don't know where your coming from mate imo. Keano has done a cracking job at Sunderland. The main thing is to keep them in the premiership and slowly build on that and that is exactly what he is doing. His next goal (excuse the pun) will be to use the sky money from next season and buy another couple of decent players. Remember he inherited total shit when he took over. I'll give them a couple of years and then they'll be a top ten (possibly six) side that will maintain their premiership status easily.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    I'll give them a couple of years and then they'll be a top ten (possibly six) side that will maintain their premiership status easily.
    Im T total, but i'll fucking drink to that

Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao Re: managers

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    Managers should be given time by the club and not just because they have to.

On the king Kev front i was only saying to someone about 3 weeks ago if Newcastle stay up he'll be hailed as the messiah and 3 wins later..........
    Bloody hell 3 wins and he's a messiah again ? I think it was a knee jerk reaction bringing Keegan back. He couldn't hack it first time around when he had a chance of winning the prem , and i think he will go running away again when he hits a bad patch.
    On topic i think managers should be given a fair chance. I don't think fat sam was.I personally think any manager should be given at least a season and a half to Two.