Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech Adobe Lightroom 2.0 beta now available

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

Adobe Photoshop® Lightroom® answers the digital photographer’s call for a workflow application that allows photographers to quickly work with raw format images. With Lightroom you can manage all of your photographs; showcase them in print, dynamic slideshows, and interactive Web galleries that are a simple to produce. Lightroom’s cross platform support allows photographers to effortlessly work on projects from any Windows or Macintosh computer on-location or in the office. Lightroom—spend less time at the computer, and more time behind the lens, doing what you love.

Lightroom 2.0 beta builds on the success of the first Lightroom beta program and provides photographers with early access to our next release so that you can kick the tires and ensure that this release meets your needs. Don’t delay. Download now and send us your feedback. Lightroom 2.0 beta expires at the end of August 2008.

Enhancements that can be found in the Lightroom 2.0 beta include the following:
    Download and Discuss

* TryTry the Lightroom 2.0 beta now
    * DiscussVisit the Lightroom 2.0 discussion forum

* Localized corrections — Enhance specific areas of an image for unsurpassed nondestructive flexibility and control reminiscent of the traditional darkroom dodge and burn experience.
    * Improved organizational tools — Find the images you need quickly and easily.
    * Multiple monitor support — Add an additional monitor to efficiently manage photographic workflow and presentation.
    * Flexible print package functionality — Create custom layouts containing multiple sizes of a photograph on a single page.
    * 64-bit support — Lightroom 2.0 now takes advantage of the latest hardware architectures with improved memory handling and performance.
    I just hope they let you store the images and catlogues on network drives now!

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Adobe Lightroom 2.0 beta now available

Must admit it does look like it's going to rock, there's a fair few toggers blogs talking about it one here - http://camerasview.com/archives/284 and the others are Scott Kelby and Jack Nack.

1. Localized Corrections (AKA: Dodge and Burn) - If Lightroom 2 came out and this was the only new feature I’d upgrade in a heartbeat. Localized Corrections is the non-destructive dodging and burning that we’ve all wanted for so long. But I have to say this - it’s so much more. It goes WAY beyond what I expected from dodging and burning in Lightroom (which is why it’s called Localize corrections and not just dodge and burn) and I think you’re going to love it.
    2. Better Photoshop Integration - Now you can open your files as Smart Objects, Merge to Panorama or even export straight to Photoshop’s HDR from Lightroom.
    3. Post-crop vignetting - if you’ve ever tried to darken the edges of a cropped photo with the lens vignetting slider you’ll know it doesn’t really work. That’s where the post-crop vignette comes in.
    4. Multiple Monitor support - can you say “Finally!”?
    5. Picture Packages in the print module.
    6. Output Sharpening in the print module and it really works this time around. I’ve seen tests compared to Lightroom 1 and the print sharpening is noticeably better.
    7. Smart Collections - Collections were great in LR 1 but smart collections make using collections a lot easier.
    8. Printing directly to a JPEG file in the Print module. So if you send your photos off to a lab now you can save the files right from within Lightroom’s Print module.
    9. Suggested Keywords - Get this… Lightroom will start suggesting keywords to you once you start keywording your photos. It’s weird to explain so make sure you stop by NAPP’s learning center to see it in action.
    10. OK, I’m going to give you two here. First there’s a new filter panel in the Library module that makes getting to your photos easier and faster because it’s right there with your photos (instead of tucked away on the left side panels). Next, the Slideshow and Web modules both have Content panels as well as Collection panels. So now you can very quickly switch slideshows without having to jump back to the Library module and choose different photos.

You can get more info about its exciting features from John Nack’s post.
    It does not look good for network storage mate. - Read Here.

But there is possibly good news over here.

Not sure when I will be making the switch to v2, may wait till it come out of beta with catalogues in excess of 20K images now I don't want to kill them or corrupt them.
    My Kit - A camera thingy or two, some lenses, two eye's and a heap of imagination.
    My Websites - My Flickr :: My Blog :: My Site

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm. Will look forward to this one on its release I think as I don't want to try a Beta at the moment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers. Gonna have a play with this.