Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default F'in credit crunch

It's credit crunch this and credit crunch that in the news these days - now Tescos are all 'Oooh since we've had great proffits we're going to help those suffering from the credit crunch'. If you gave a shit you'd have cut your prices before - and how did people manage before every man and his fucking dog could get a £500k mortgage by claiming they earn't £150k a year self employed? Or £xk in credit cards to blow on big tv's cars and holidays...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: F'in credit crunch

Big companies like Tesco's etc should be held accountable, the same goes for the banks.
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah made too easy for peeps with limited self control to get fucked up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Who's to blame I wonder?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Big companies and banks should be held responsible for gullible cunts with no self control?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

personaly i think tescos as for there shopping and instore items are a bargain. so by selling they make a profit ( what they are should do) its the fecking credit cards i cant stand
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think anyone involved should share the guilt.

People who can't control their own spending obviously were a driving force, as well as banks who couldn't control sensible lending practices.

Not really too arsed about it right at the moment as I owe noone and am owed nothing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't blame the companies! It's down to the idiot people who want 100% mortgages, that's just financial suicide. I personally can't wait for the recession, great time to get a couple of forclosed properties! Sorry to be cynical!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not having any credit, I don't give a flying fu(k. BUT I blame the government for making everyone aspire for too much, the banks for making it easy and the gullible for thinking they can afford it (did I miss anyone ?)
    "Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Karma Level

I blame the lenders for charging me a fucking fortune.

Borrowed 95% - house for £135k, we'll pay back just under £400k.

Madness

Thanks
    Karma Level

if your poor its not the banks or anyone elses fault. live within yer means. they are exploiting the markets they work in to make profits. if they didnt they'd be out of business.

personally I reckon you gotta h ave self control, know your limits and dont be a dick.

If you stick to the above you wont get caught up in all the shite most of the time, but sometimes you will slip thru the net and get yourself into trouble.

Thanks
    Karma Level

in general the entire banking and world monetary system is fucked and getting worse by the day.

everything is skewed for the super rich and above to get richer and the poor to be squeezed for every penny they have.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's the chav must have mentality with the ooh I want a fuck of TV - doesn't matter on quality etc just has to be bigger than the neighbours and I can get some cheap shit dodgy korean make on credit from dixons... Oh and yes car credit will give me a car with 30% apr interest etc etc etc

Like everyone else has said buy what you can afford and you're ok. It's maybe a little different if you're litterally on the breadline and can't afford heating or food for the sprogs but theoretically at least that's what the gov helps with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flukesy View Post
    I personally can't wait for the recession, great time to get a couple of forclosed properties! Sorry to be cynical!
    lol i was gonna buy a flat a couple of months ago before this kicked off properly, thinking it was best to get on the ladder before it went up any more

you can fuck that now. i'll stay with the parents for a few more years and get myself a 6 bedroom house in the suburbs when the price has dropped. might not even need a mortgage at this rate
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Property will always go up, its just the case of scare moungering thats causing all the problems.
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Property will always go up, its just the case of scare moungering thats causing all the problems.
    Of course - negative equity never has happened before has it?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post
    in general the entire banking and world monetary system is fu(ked and getting worse by the day.

everything is skewed for the super rich and above to get richer and the poor to be squeezed for every penny they have.
    oh booo fuckin hoo... another fucking excuse from someone who probably maxes out his credit card each month!!! pass the blame you idiot

Thanks
    Karma Level

I too am bored of hearing about the credit crunch, but that's mainly because the timing of it comes in as I'm going up the pay scales and have never had much money before this.

As said, the problem is people spending beyond their means. in this country you can live for free, a worldwide plus factor if I've ever seen one. A company woulnd't exist if people didn't buy their products.

And I agree that property will always go up. We're in a great country, as long as you buy a place you can live in [and afford!] you'll probably never lose out.

- the probably is intentional.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think those that have savings or those that are still living with parents have a slightly clouded judgement.

I talk from what's happening to me right now.

Few years ago i was on a great job taking home a lot of money each week. i lived within my means all be it high means. I got out loans for big items and paid them back over the next couple of months. I then lost that job but immediately got another but the money was less than half what i was used to. I had large loans that before i could easily afford to have pay off in a few months.
    I kept living the same lifestyle. Money soon dried up and i got out more credit to pay for what i had. Before i knew it i was in debt up to my eyeballs and no way to pay it all off.

I learnt a lesson. I had to live with nothing to get everything paid off. I ended up taking 10 years to get my money in order, moving from agency job to agency job. I was never out of work.
    That was about 5 years ago and im now out of debt with no creditors to pay.
    This month we are looking at getting a pay rise and its looking like ill get a rise of £51 a month. Problem is on their own my rent and council tax of gone up by £100 a month. Then there's the higher cost of food, Fuel , elecy and gas. I have a holiday booked and its now looking like i may struggle to have a good amount of money to take for spends.

I don't have a a bad wage really but im still looking at struggling over the coming months.. I am glad im not on minimum wage.
    I feel sorry for those that have got debt now, never mind what they are going to need in the future.
    Last edited by bbshark; 19th April 2008 at 04:03 PM.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlover View Post
    I think anyone involved should share the guilt.

People who can't control their own spending obviously were a driving force, as well as banks who couldn't control sensible lending practices.

Not really too arsed about it right at the moment as I owe noone and am owed nothing.
    Ok, now today I am arsed as I just got my weeks notice along with a third of our team as the firm has lost some big projects. Watch out people, it's coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast