Close

Thread: F1 - Whos been

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default F1 - Whos been

Guys, probably going to monza this year

First time going to an F1 race

Anyone got any tips on what you can actually do on the days. Obiously going to the main race but can you walk around or check out the cars before this?

Any tips much appreciated from anyone whos been to Monza or just to another race track

Thanks!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: F1 - Whos been

I have been to the Malasyian GP, and it was excellent. Watched qualifying, and it was pretty exciting watching all the teams wait until the last minute before trying to get their hot lap. Then the race itself is ok, I tended to go for a walk around to see different sections of the track, and saw a ood crash.

Apart from the race their is stands from all of the teams, showing off their finest cars and lots of fit women to boot.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

cool thanks, anyone else?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dalboy View Post
    cool thanks, anyone else?
    Hi,

I have been to a few races (unfortunately not made Monza yet). If you have a 3 day pass they sometimes allow you entry to the pit lane early on the Friday (and sometimes on the Thursday), but you better check out the specific itinery for that race.

At the races I have been to you could walk the whole of the circuit (from the outside obviously) and I would deffo do this to get a good idea of the whole thing.

If you don't have a grandstand seat I would use this walk on the friday to decide where I want to watch the race / Quali from. And wherever you decide make sure to get there nice and early to ensure a good spec (regarding spec I would also take a folding chair of some sort if not in a grandstand).

Earplugs may come in handy.

Take a radio (headset for your mobilephone?) as they usually broadcast the commentary for the race and this can be picked up with an ordinary radio.

Try and get a spec where you can see a TV screen so as to keep up with race positions / pit stops / retirements etc.

ENJOY.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    Hi,

I have been to a few races (unfortunately not made Monza yet). If you have a 3 day pass they sometimes allow you entry to the pit lane early on the Friday (and sometimes on the Thursday), but you better check out the specific itinery for that race.

At the races I have been to you could walk the whole of the circuit (from the outside obviously) and I would deffo do this to get a good idea of the whole thing.

If you don't have a grandstand seat I would use this walk on the friday to decide where I want to watch the race / Quali from. And wherever you decide make sure to get there nice and early to ensure a good spec (regarding spec I would also take a folding chair of some sort if not in a grandstand).

Earplugs may come in handy.

Take a radio (headset for your mobilephone?) as they usually broadcast the commentary for the race and this can be picked up with an ordinary radio.

Try and get a spec where you can see a TV screen so as to keep up with race positions / pit stops / retirements etc.

ENJOY.
    Thanks for that pal

Yeah we are in a grandstand at monza. Last bend. There is TV wall screen opposite apparently.

Also have the 3 day pass. Would still like to have a walk about the track at some point to get some other views etc...

Radio is a good idea!

Cheers
    Last edited by dalboy; 13th May 2008 at 08:48 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi there, been to 3 F1 races so far, Silverstone twice and Monza back in 2005.

Monza is a cracking circuit, however grandstand is a must as its in a forest and the general access areas get very very busy so its hard to get a good view. We had seats at the end of the pit straight at the first chicane, cracking seats, as you get a lot of action here. See you already have grandstand so thats good.

Whilst we were there we didnt get any access to the pit and tbh you generally dont unless you have paid up for the VIP tickets which cost upwards of £1000. At the end of the race they did open the circuit and we legged it down the straight to watch the prize ceremony, then afterwards walked around the track back to the train station. Not sure if they still do this for safety reasons.

We stayed in Milan for the trip and on race day got the train over. No problem on the way there, massive pain in the ass on the way back as there are thousands of people trying to get back and not many trains! On qualifying day we tried getting a taxi back... Not a great idea as its in the middle of nowhere really and there aint many taxis! So organise a pickup if this is what you want to do.

You should also take a look at these....
    http://www.kangaroo.tv/kangaroo-sports/formula1.php

Didnt have it for Monza, but rented one last year at silverstone. Not cheap, about £60 I think, but its basically a mini TV that lets you watch the race from any camera you want plus gives you loads of info. Pretty cool and allows you to watch you favoroute driver...

Anyway, that is enough from me... Enjoy the race mate and watch out for the tiffosi, nutters I tell ya!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats all really helpful, cheers!

Yeah we are gonna stay in Milan too - Any ideas about the nightlife?