Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

Thread: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

  1. sinister_monk's Avatar

    sinister_monk said:

    Attention Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick by Import Mario Kart, SSBB

    Mario Kart Wii

    If you semi-bricked your Wii by performing the update on an imported Mario Kart disc (or similar game) that did not match your Wii?s region, and was wondering what you were going to do with your gimped Wii, you?re in luck. These ISOs are fix disc images that contain the latest update from Nintendo?s server for each Wii region, namely NTSU-J (Japan), NTSC-U (USA), and PAL (Europe). To restore your Wii back to its former glory:

    1. Download the correct rar file for your Wii region.
    * For Japanese NTSC-J Wiis, use the v288 update
    http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wii-system-menu-update-JAP-v288.rar
    * For USA NTSC-U Wiis, use the v289 update
    http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wii-ntsc-systemmenu-v289.rar
    * For European PAL Wiis, use the v290 update
    http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.rar
    2. Extract the ISO from the rar file.
    3. Burn the ISO to a DVD.
    4. Insert the burned DVD into your Wii.
    5. Allow the disc to run the update and your Wii firmware will be updated to the latest. This means inserting Mario Kart Wii again will not prompt you for an update.

    These ISOs have been tested to work on all regions but make absolutely certain you are downloading the right update for your Wii otherwise you could fully brick it. Hopefully this will bring your Wii back from the brink.
    (source: hackmii.com) http://hackmii.com/2008/05/ntsc-semi-brick-fix/
    Found this over at NZBsrus thought it may be of use to members here.

    I've attached the NZB
  2. BFG's Avatar

    BFG said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Checking Ebay now for bricked Wii's


    Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.
  3. {{909}}'s Avatar

    {{909}} said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    this only works on simi bricked machines, ones that have corrupt settings pages. they will otherwise work fine. Running a game update newer than the one that gave you the semi brick does the same job, if there is one.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  4. danielinacio's Avatar

    danielinacio said:

    Wii U Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick




    hello, is that this is a semi brick?! how can I retrieve the WII? JPN version
  5. Bald Bouncer's Avatar

    Bald Bouncer said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by danielinacio View Post
    hello, is that this is a semi brick?! how can I retrieve the WII? JPN version
    All the information you need is in the Private Message sent to you on joining.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    For All The Latest Console News, Views & Reviews
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  6. danielinacio's Avatar

    danielinacio said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    All the information you need is in the Private Message sent to you on joining.
    Hello, someone could help me with this problem? 'm from Portugal but I have with me a console "Wii" from Japan.
    I already burned the DVD with the "Fix Wii Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick" but thus only appear some letters on a black screen and does not come from there.
  7. Bald Bouncer's Avatar

    Bald Bouncer said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by danielinacio View Post
    Hello, someone could help me with this problem? 'm from Portugal but I have with me a console "Wii" from Japan.
    I already burned the DVD with the "Fix Wii Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick" but thus only appear some letters on a black screen and does not come from there.
    Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    All the information you need is in the Private Message sent to you on joining.

    READ IT

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    For All The Latest Console News, Views & Reviews
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  8. danielinacio's Avatar

    danielinacio said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    thank you very much
  9. farkli88's Avatar

    farkli88 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Dear[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Can you send me Private Message "Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick ". Thank you. My problems for Wii " Systemmenu Homebrew Channel İnstall File load/install file. SYstem menu hack settings. Error autobooting file Try reinstalling. Could not open file. IOS v30, Systemmenu v289, preloader v 0.28""" Thanks in advance.
  10. Mystical_2K's Avatar

    Mystical_2K said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by farkli88 View Post
    Dear[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Can you send me Private Message "Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick ". Thank you. My problems for Wii " Systemmenu Homebrew Channel İnstall File load/install file. SYstem menu hack settings. Error autobooting file Try reinstalling. Could not open file. IOS v30, Systemmenu v289, preloader v 0.28""" Thanks in advance.
    lol
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.
  11. farkli88's Avatar

    farkli88 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    is there anyone can help me for the subject

  12. satzzz's Avatar

    satzzz said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Yes, pop over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and then you can get all the help you need.
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....
  13. farkli88's Avatar

    farkli88 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Yes of course.
    My name is essence. I am writing to you from Turkey. my English is not good. I want to buy a 2nd hand nintendo wii for my son but i am looking for a affordable product. I have no idea about the Wii, but I can do something because I'm a technical person. I found a product that made a mistake in opening. I am waiting for your help if possible. If it is a viable product I will buy it.
  14. farkli88's Avatar

    farkli88 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    my name is ozkan.
  15. farkli88's Avatar

    farkli88 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  16. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    I don't think you grasp what is being told here

    You obviously have not read your welcome registration message and the DF rules.
    You have revived a 3 year old thread. I do not see you getting any help for the next few years
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  17. farkli88's Avatar

    farkli88 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    No problem admin. Divine comedy and delete my questions, delete my user, delete for my everything , no problems. not see you.
  18. diablos's Avatar

    diablos said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by farkli88 View Post
    No problem admin. Divine comedy and delete my questions, delete my user, delete for my everything , no problems. not see you.

    This went well.
  19. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by farkli88 View Post
    Yes of course.
    My name is essence. I am writing to you from Turkey. my English is not good. I want to buy a 2nd hand nintendo wii for my son but i am looking for a affordable product. I have no idea about the Wii, but I can do something because I'm a technical person. I found a product that made a mistake in opening. I am waiting for your help if possible. If it is a viable product I will buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by farkli88 View Post
    my name is ozkan.

    You got any more names?
  20. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

    Closing this old post as dragging in sooo many noobs
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]