Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick by Import Mario Kart, SSBB
Mario Kart Wii
If you semi-bricked your Wii by performing the update on an imported Mario Kart disc (or similar game) that did not match your Wii?s region, and was wondering what you were going to do with your gimped Wii, you?re in luck. These ISOs are fix disc images that contain the latest update from Nintendo?s server for each Wii region, namely NTSU-J (Japan), NTSC-U (USA), and PAL (Europe). To restore your Wii back to its former glory:
1. Download the correct rar file for your Wii region.
* For Japanese NTSC-J Wiis, use the v288 update
* For USA NTSC-U Wiis, use the v289 update
* For European PAL Wiis, use the v290 update
2. Extract the ISO from the rar file.
3. Burn the ISO to a DVD.
4. Insert the burned DVD into your Wii.
5. Allow the disc to run the update and your Wii firmware will be updated to the latest. This means inserting Mario Kart Wii again will not prompt you for an update.
These ISOs have been tested to work on all regions but make absolutely certain you are downloading the right update for your Wii otherwise you could fully brick it. Hopefully this will bring your Wii back from the brink.
(source: hackmii.com) http://hackmii.com/2008/05/ntsc-semi-brick-fix/