Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

Thread: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

sinister_monk said:

Attention Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick by Import Mario Kart, SSBB

Mario Kart Wii

If you semi-bricked your Wii by performing the update on an imported Mario Kart disc (or similar game) that did not match your Wii?s region, and was wondering what you were going to do with your gimped Wii, you?re in luck. These ISOs are fix disc images that contain the latest update from Nintendo?s server for each Wii region, namely NTSU-J (Japan), NTSC-U (USA), and PAL (Europe). To restore your Wii back to its former glory:

1. Download the correct rar file for your Wii region.
    * For Japanese NTSC-J Wiis, use the v288 update
    http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wii-system-menu-update-JAP-v288.rar
    * For USA NTSC-U Wiis, use the v289 update
    http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wii-ntsc-systemmenu-v289.rar
    * For European PAL Wiis, use the v290 update
    http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.rar
    2. Extract the ISO from the rar file.
    3. Burn the ISO to a DVD.
    4. Insert the burned DVD into your Wii.
    5. Allow the disc to run the update and your Wii firmware will be updated to the latest. This means inserting Mario Kart Wii again will not prompt you for an update.

These ISOs have been tested to work on all regions but make absolutely certain you are downloading the right update for your Wii otherwise you could fully brick it. Hopefully this will bring your Wii back from the brink.
    (source: hackmii.com) http://hackmii.com/2008/05/ntsc-semi-brick-fix/
    Found this over at NZBsrus thought it may be of use to members here.

I've attached the NZB

BFG said:

Default Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

Checking Ebay now for bricked Wii's

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

{{909}} said:

this only works on simi bricked machines, ones that have corrupt settings pages. they will otherwise work fine. Running a game update newer than the one that gave you the semi brick does the same job, if there is one.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

danielinacio said:

Wii U Re: Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick

hello, is that this is a semi brick?! how can I retrieve the WII? JPN version

Bald Bouncer said:

Quote Originally Posted by danielinacio View Post
    hello, is that this is a semi brick?! how can I retrieve the WII? JPN version
    All the information you need is in the Private Message sent to you on joining.

For All The Latest Console News, Views & Reviews
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin

danielinacio said:

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Hello, someone could help me with this problem? 'm from Portugal but I have with me a console "Wii" from Japan.
    I already burned the DVD with the "Fix Wii Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick" but thus only appear some letters on a black screen and does not come from there.

Bald Bouncer said:

Quote Originally Posted by danielinacio View Post
    Hello, someone could help me with this problem? 'm from Portugal but I have with me a console "Wii" from Japan.
    I already burned the DVD with the "Fix Wii Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick" but thus only appear some letters on a black screen and does not come from there.
    Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

READ IT

For All The Latest Console News, Views & Reviews
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin

danielinacio said:

thank you very much

farkli88 said:

Dear[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Can you send me Private Message "Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick ". Thank you. My problems for Wii " Systemmenu Homebrew Channel İnstall File load/install file. SYstem menu hack settings. Error autobooting file Try reinstalling. Could not open file. IOS v30, Systemmenu v289, preloader v 0.28""" Thanks in advance.

Mystical_2K said:

Quote Originally Posted by farkli88 View Post
    Dear[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Can you send me Private Message "Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick ". Thank you. My problems for Wii " Systemmenu Homebrew Channel İnstall File load/install file. SYstem menu hack settings. Error autobooting file Try reinstalling. Could not open file. IOS v30, Systemmenu v289, preloader v 0.28""" Thanks in advance.
    lol
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

farkli88 said:

is there anyone can help me for the subject

satzzz said:

Yes, pop over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and then you can get all the help you need.
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

farkli88 said:

Yes of course.
    My name is essence. I am writing to you from Turkey. my English is not good. I want to buy a 2nd hand nintendo wii for my son but i am looking for a affordable product. I have no idea about the Wii, but I can do something because I'm a technical person. I found a product that made a mistake in opening. I am waiting for your help if possible. If it is a viable product I will buy it.

farkli88 said:

my name is ozkan.

farkli88 said:

Mickey said:

I don't think you grasp what is being told here

You obviously have not read your welcome registration message and the DF rules.
    You have revived a 3 year old thread. I do not see you getting any help for the next few years

farkli88 said:

No problem admin. Divine comedy and delete my questions, delete my user, delete for my everything , no problems. not see you.

diablos said:

No problem admin. Divine comedy and delete my questions, delete my user, delete for my everything , no problems. not see you.

This went well.

ss30 said:

Yes of course.
    My name is essence. I am writing to you from Turkey. my English is not good. I want to buy a 2nd hand nintendo wii for my son but i am looking for a affordable product. I have no idea about the Wii, but I can do something because I'm a technical person. I found a product that made a mistake in opening. I am waiting for your help if possible. If it is a viable product I will buy it.
    my name is ozkan.

You got any more names?

Mickey said:

Closing this old post as dragging in sooo many noobs