Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Le Mans.. anyone going?

anyone from here going?
    We're setting off today... Hull > Zeebrugge, n riding down on our bikes. Staying in the Danish camp. should be good

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Le Mans.. anyone going?

sorry for me but no

next trip is moto gp donnington then hopefully assen straight away after that

safe journey guys

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks dude.
    from what I hear the Danish camp is about the nicest. we get fed as well. BBQ's morning and evening... mmm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not this year. Used to go every year but got married and had kids so haven't been for 4 years now. Always stayed in Camping Bleu.

Have a great time.

A very jealous MML
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm back!!
    that was an interesting trip. it was very surreal riding down there. almost every car was british and all going to the same place. some amazing cars. I saw a Zonda, a Konigzeggeggzzz, Lamborghini's, loads of Ferrari's and Porsche's, Ford GT, a gang of Aston Martins.. plenty of classic race cards. and you'd still get some gimp in a peugeot 205 rev his halfords exhaust as he rode past lol.

mmmmm

got there Thursday evening to catch the end of the qualifying.
    The Federation of Danish Motor racing were a little confused as to how a couple of English guys had managed to get tickets to their camp, but they we're friendly enough.

Friday was pit walk day. as the teams were busy making final tweaks they opened up the pits for everyone to wander round. Was surprising how much sticky tape they used on these things!! lol

the race started 3pm Saturday. they went round once with a pace car and which pulled off just before the start/finish line and the noise as they all thundered past was phenomenal

I didn't get any pics of the actual race.. I didn't mange to take a decent one. bloody phone cameras. the cars got up to about 200mph at a couple of points and I had no chance with the camera delay lol.
    I did take some short vids though, but haven't uploaded them yet.

Overall I enjoyed it.. 24hours was a bit much for me though. it hit me about 5am Sunday morning when I was trying to get some sleep. I had earplugs and ear defenders on and could still hear them race past as well as the TV helicopters over head and I'd just had enough.

I did really enjoy the ride home though
    Took it steady cos the French police were out in force to catch the Brits going home.
    saw one guy with a cam the side of a bridge, as we went past hiding behind were 4 Police bikes and 2 Impretza's lol!

We did witness this harley crash though on the dual carriageway. His mate made a last min turn to a petrol station and it looked like he wasn't watching, then broke too hard, locked his back wheel up.
    the bike went down and flipped though the air and he slammed in to the barriers.
    we did go see if we could help and he seemed ok.. was more concerned about his paint job
    We heard from one of his mates on the Ferry he needed 17 stitches on his knee and broke his ankle. so he was lucky

Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad you enjoyed it Keyamon. You mean you didn't stay up all 24 hours?

Strip shows, bars, fairgrounds and then crepes blagged from the constructors suppliers and media at 7am !

MML
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry