3 days ago Streamline.net (yeah, dense choice I know), sent me a mail saying my site had been moved to a new server due to resources needed for it. They say it's exactly the same server settings however, is still hosted on linux so I can Chmod it easily.

However, since this happened, I can't do bugger all to any of my files via FTP beyond the root directory. 5 support tickets & responses later and they're still going on about it maybe besing a firewall problem which we know already it is not, there's no chance of it. Everything is working fine in the root, but the 6 directories I use beyond it are unwriteable. Chmodding is useless, it just returns to the original setting after I've saved a new one. No uploading or deleting of any files.

Would anyone have a clue on what the chuff is going on? Old server and new server are both linux, so Chmodding is fine although I can only use it in forum root. I host an IPB forum and 3 self-hosted wordpress blogs by the way, gone through all the config files for each and found nothing. I found something on the net about "ownerships" of files, could that have anything to do with it? Information on this seems rather scarce.

Cheers in advance.