Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Argh! BT & Tiscali... Useless!

I'm seriouslly sick of both of these companies!

When I moved into my flat nearly three weeks ago I had to sort out the phone and also a broadband supplier... being a remote town we don't have a big choice and BT is the only supplier, but can use various ISP's.

I phoned BT and they done a test to make sure an engineer call wouldn't be required and that passed so we agree'd a contract and the line would be active on the Friday (The call was made on Tuesday).

Then came the Saturday and still no response opening a new line, I took the new phone to my folks house (Panasonic DECT Cordless) to make sure it worked and it did - so BT sorted out an engineer for Monday.

So came the Monday I got a friend to stay in for me, the BT engineer came out and done a bit of wiring inside and said he couldn't do the rest outside as he wasn't allowed to climb the pole... so another engineer was organized for the following day.

The following day came and the next engineer said he couldn't do the job either as the pole has a 'D' on it and someone else would be needed and then someone from BT would call me... that didn't happen.

After me hassling them for six days, they told me they need to change the pole ... what a joke! They then said they need to get a surveyor out, then get permission from my neighbours and find a contractor. At this point they told me they'll call me each day with an update.

This was last week, each time I call I either get hung up on, told to wait or they have issues with their systems... they have never called me, never given an estimated time for resolution or not once offered any compensation etc - they did bill me though. This still goes on to the day... and my mobile bill is sky high with calls to them (Though not really, as I got a geographical number from 'Say to to 0870 dot com')... still costs me though! Aparently one of my neighbours didn't respond, I told them the house looks empty but they can't respond to that at all!

So after sorting the phone out I organised the broadband, when I phoned Tiscali I got an indian call centre and when giving them my data and information I spelt every word and detail letter for letter ... they still fu(ked it up... my surname starts with a 'B' and they spelt it as a 'V' ... they refused to change it and told me I just need to live with it.

Tiscali told me to use one of my 5 additional email addresses for the right spelling, I asked what if I had plans for them already and got 'Tuff' (That reminds me, when I asked BT how long it takes to replace a pole the guy said 'Ooft' to me) I eventually escallated this with Tiscali and they offered me a disconnection - it would take 10-15 days to cut off then another 10-15 days for a new ISP to take over ... so if my phone is fixed I could then be up to a month with no broadband... I eventually just agreed to stick with them and put up with it.

So I'm really not happy with both companies, they both have next to no customer service at all.

Earlier today I phoned my mobile operator (T-Mobile) and asked if I can use my N95 as a modem for a month for broadband, they said no problem it would be £5 on my next bill ... 5 minutes later and the job is done... slow never the less but I'm online, they made sure it all worked etc too.

Argh! And theres fook all I can do about it all too!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Argh! BT & Tiscali... Useless!

hahah thats some reading mate.

Well there is still Morse code and smoke signals
    Tell Dam BT you will climb the dam pole and wire the dam thing your self.

you sure you want to go with Tiscali ? Not really heard good stuff about them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok you don't have much choice over BT but you chose Tiscali yourself - there's nobody else to blame there...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm with Tiscali and i've always found them to be fine but they did spell my name wrong but you can change it online once your account is set up. I've heard crap things from them but my service has been brill. A lot faster than BT and for £20 I can't moan as that includes my broadband, line rental plus IPTV

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Three of the neighbours use Tiscali and never had a problem. I just think it's a poor effort that you can't just give them a call and have them change the name for you - surely it isn't rocket science.

As for BT ... still not got a working phone, still fobbed off each time with different excuses and they still never call me with an update - magic!