Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

COD4 Why is there no sa80 ?

after going through the ranks and shit,tryin different guns,like u do........there all yank,german,russian etc.......y not the good ol english sa80?? after all its used all over now anit it?? wouldnt mind a go with 1
    [live=z CHIPPY z]z CHIPPY z[/live]
    http://www.myspace.com/thecourteeners

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: why is there no sa80 ?

bcoz its POS , plastic gun.
    ask anyone thats used one .

Thanks
    Karma Level

mite be plastic but it still kills just wondered how it would fair against the rest

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

In the one player game with the SAS there is one which looks similar i think.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why is there no sa80 ?

I've fired one, felt like it could do the job alright!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Why is there no sa80 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kushty View Post
    Firing one is only part of the battle mate , stripping it down for maintenance is the main priority

The reason it aint in for selection is that the SAS dont use it , they have much more reliable weapons

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kushty View Post

ex squaddie then r we??

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have read the sa80 is a very reliable weapon these days especially with the new revision they brought out

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kracken View Post
    Firing one is only part of the battle mate , stripping it down for maintenance is the main priority

The reason it aint in for selection is that the SAS dont use it , they have much more reliable weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    ex squaddie then r we??
    Yea I had to strip it down as well. I was in the cadets when I was younger but we couldn't fire it on the site where we trained most of the time so all we could do was play with it, dismantle it etc. Although we were allowed to fire 22's on the range on site.

I actually wanted to be a fighter pilot but the liason officer couldn't give me limb dimensions for cockpits. Basically he said I'd pass the aptitude and intelligence tests and that I was fit enough but when I asked him the height limitation for a cockpit he said that he couldn't give me the limb limitation figures. Apparently there are 6'3 fighter pilots, some whose limbs will fit and some whose won't. That ambiguity and a 12 year contract that could see you streamlined down to standard freight planes put me off. I learned to fly a glider solo at 16 before I'd even learned to drive thanks to the forces so still had fun.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was in the army cadets, we had the L98. the Cadet version of the SA80. To plasticy, too heavy and prone to fuck up! all the millions put into it to make then sort out is a joke

Thanks
    Karma Level

the sa80 is ok a2 version is best i used to use the a1 in till they brought mk2 out

diffreent mags h&k make them

im a squaddie still

spend hours cleaning these after firing and its heavey compard to most weopens

Thanks
    Karma Level

1st revision was a piece of shite, 2a & 2a03 was much better lighter better centre of gravity I consistantly used the original while serving in the parchute regiment between 1993 and 1998 in this time I used a lot of weapons on all arms courses at catterick etc and can confirm that the SA80(Small Arms '80's) with SUSAT(Which if broken had the capabilty to kill you with its toxic gas!!!) was a very difficult weapon to get along, however you have to remember that the NATO trials for this weapon were held in 1978-1979 and was originally meant to be a small bore weapon that would use the old popular 4.85mm rounds, it was then delayed further because it was then decided that it would make ore sense to use the now ven more common 5.56mm standard NATO round so it was really behind the times before it even began if you ask me.Thats why the SAS were still using the SLR at that time, a very basic old but sturdy design with next to no stoppage time. Thats the main thing for them weight and RELIABILTY is paramount thats why they still today use the Si Sauer shorts cos they are fuckin mint. There was an exception to the SA 80 being shite though in that there was an adapted long range support weapon that was basically a longer barrel with a folding bi-pod. This was called the LSW between mates or to give it its correct name L86A1 - SA-80 Light Support Weapon this was a decent weapon good reliability due to the re-designed gas chamber more accurate with the new barrel and still very light mch lighter than the GPMG. However if you really wanted some serious stopping power then you gotta take a gimpy, we had 2 per section. Fuckin awsome weapon the gimpy still got burn marks on my wrist where I caught it on the ejection chamber

Come on then all you crap hat cadets how many of you can remember your NSP's???

Thanks
    Karma Level

a few of my mates who were in iraq hated those guns they said the old slr was far better weapon. also had a look on friends reunited one time for a few lads out my class who joined the army. seen sum piks of one of them in iraq as private soldiers (protection stuff) and they were all using ak47's and m16's noticed he made RSM before he went private. he was such a quiet lad too lol

Awaiting Email Confirm supatanka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sa80 a2 is ace along with lsw (light support weapon) the first versions did jam alot and the a2 does on occasion but extremelly accurate

Social Networking Bookmarks