Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

COD4 Post Your COD4 Strategies / Tips etc

So I decided I'd start this thread for everyone to post their favorite tactics / strategies that you like to use while playing good ol' Modern Warfare. So I will go for all of mine (make them map / class specific if necessary):

My kits:

Assault:
    -Assault rifle I see fit to use (AK47 at the moment) with a silencer.
    -Silenced M9
    -Bandolier, Stopping Power, Deep Impact
    -Stun for special grenade

Sniper:
    -Sniper rifle for primary. Varies on what I feel like using.
    -Silenced M9
    -Bandolier, Stopping Power, Dead Silence
    -Usually use a flashbang, may try out smoke

Sneaky:
    -Silenced SMG of choice
    -Silenced USP (for ammunition difference)
    -Bandolier, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence
    -Stun Grenade

Grass Map S&D Set:
    -M21, Woodland Camo, ACOG scope (for the ghillie suit)
    -Silenced M9
    -Bomb Squad / Bandolier, depending on how I'm going to play. BS for when explosives are in play, but if we play a match, I will switch to band, since BS will be useless. UAV jammer / Dead silence for the other 2
    -Smoke Grenade

LMG Set:
    -LMG of choice with Grip attachment
    -M9, may be silenced if you value the ability to sneakily take out someone
    -Perk 1 taken by Grip. Stopping power for RPD / SAW, Double Tap for the rapecannon that I can't remember the name of (M60 or something). Deep Impact as well.
    -Stun Grenade

I use the M9 almost religiously as a pistol, since the sights are tiny and easy to see (allowing for less screen take-up, as well as the fact you can see through them by a small bit, unlike the USP - can't see through its sights at all). Also, it has the highest capacity in the game, with the only pistol challenging it being the Desert Eagle, as it can kill in 1 hit on HC. However, since the M9 has double the magazine, only takes 2 hits to kill with stopping power, and can be silenced, it is the winner in my opinion. Also, has less recoil for the quick double shoot from cover that can take any enemy down. USP and M1911 just can't compare on Hardcore, as the guns with the highest accuracy and ease of use tend to just win over in HC, with the slower, more bulky guns that hit harder winning in Normal.

My Strategies:

The hidden sniper - Ghillie suits work in this game! And since grass has a visual dropoff of ~75-100m in game, that means that you can hide quite well in it. I have had many a time where I run around a corner (being chased), go prone, and the guy runs right by me, completely open to a stab in the back / silenced pistol. Also, great for camping a bombsite / protecting a ticking bomb in S&D (noteworthy maps to try this on are Downpour and Overgrown, copious amounts of grass in both). I have been flamed many a time by people who checked an entire bombsite, didn't see me, and went to plant, only to watch the killcam of me sitting there the entire time, proceeding to shoot them in the back of the head / knife them if they're alone. Also had many a time where I sat prone and shot someone with a silenced pistol, and they ran around like a person under sniper fire from an unseen position (analogy is meant to be long range as opposed to close range).

The fun set - Any primary weapon that equips with an M203 grenade launcher, overkilled with any primary weapon that equips with a GP25 grenade launcher (different nades, 2 of each, instead of 3 total). Guns are up to you, M203 guns include M16, M4A1, G36C, M14, GP25 is AK47 (only one I think, can't remember off the top of my head). I usually use G36 and AK. Also, for your last perk, martyrdom. Just wait for the flaming to begin, then switch to something else on the next map and pwn their faces with a real gun. I happen to get the best ratios after I've been flamed, maybe it's because I have a knack of proving myself at the right moments.

Silenced Sniper - The M14. Slap a silencer on that puppy, with deep impact or dead silence (your choice, I use DS) and stopping power, you WILL one shot anyone unless you hit them in the leg and they have nubbernaught, regardless of range. That is how I get my amazing ratios on maps like countdown, nobody ever finds me. 100% accurate as well, while looking down sights. Just have to be good at picking out targets that are extremely far away. G3 also works, however it is not as powerful and (not tested yet) will most likely have not enough damage at extreme ranges to 1 shot kill (again, a hypothesis).

See the entire map (Countdown) - Get on one of the trucks that you can climb a latter onto; you are exposed, but if you stand up, you can pretty much see the entire level, including people running way far away. Couple with "Silenced Sniper" and you're golden.

WAIT to use that airstrike! - If you don't have a UAV, sit tight before you use it. I've had many a fun 6-8 kill airstrike after waiting for several minutes for incompetent teammates to run a UAV. Once they do, still wait, until you see a cluster of at least 3 people (if it's TDM, that = high spawn chance).

Can't think of any more right now, will edit them in as people post, as well as my own. Someone's name = their strat, no name = mine. Post away!

PS - Don't post just classes that you use, also post why you use them and what kind of strategies you use while using said classes.

Don't include any of the following as serious strategies, and try to refrain from using them if you're practicing, as they are ILLEGAL in TWL:

-Claymores
    -Grenade Launchers
    -C4
    -RPGs
    -Bomb Squad
    -Juggernaut
    -Extreme Conditioning
    -Martyrdom
    -Last Stand
    -Eavesdrop (if anyone uses this anyway, I WILL kill you)

Again, I don't mind these being used for "for fun" sets, but if you consider yours a serious match set, it should not include any of the above. Also, try to mix your practice sessions with 100% legal sets, so you don't have to wean yourself off of something when match time comes around.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Post Your COD4 Strategies / Tips etc

I was playing earlier today, and EVERY FUCKING PLAYER used Martyrdom. Pissed me right off

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    I was playing earlier today, and EVERY FUCKING PLAYER used Martyrdom. Pissed me right off

Here's a tip for you then Ganty
    "RUN AWAY" you won't get blown up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Here's a tip for you then Ganty
    "RUN AWAY" you won't get blown up
    Lol, I know, but I always want to be hiding where I kill the enemy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Rap - interesting what you think about the M14 - it takes me a good 2-5 shots to kill anyone with that gun, with stopping power on. I've had some good games with it though, but i find the iron sights a bit awkward.

favourite weapon of choice is the g35c, with stopping power and bullet pen, but i'm also quite liking the g3 at the mo

Thanks
    Karma Level

m16 all the way with stopping power and deep impact, coupled with 3 frags and the red dot, 1 shot to kill most of the time, be prepared to get out your pistol quick sharpish though if in close combat as its a bit slow to reload and obviously is only semi automatic, got awesome range though!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i love m16, silencer, bandolier, uav jammer and deep impact. as soon as the enemy gets their uav online they let their guard down. i've taken out loads of people that just don't even bother shooting back coz i've sneaked round tha back and i'm not an orange dot on their map!

i've gotta say that i do use juggernaut with steady aim on my shotty for the shipment level. filthy little grenade ridden map, anything that gives me that extra split second to bag another kill is worth it on that level...