Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question VM selecting config files and tftip servers?

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me i have a valid mac and am on virgin media now i know this mac is a valid 20meg one (not used yet!!!) from a mates ambit255 i think or 250 so i know pritty much what config file to use with it. But say i get a mac and know nothing about it how do you determine the correct config file to select to go with the mac to get its default speed as forcing no longer works in the UK.

Also can anyone tell me what tftip server address i would need to use for Longsight,levenshulme,Gorton areas of manchester sorry i dont know if thats north or what, (shame on me) on the tftip server database i believe only the south of manchester is on there and i heard the addresses for most areas are changing anyway.

i should end saying that i have hacked a ambit250 and have ambit tool or i can use a sb5101e that i have hacked along with 250configurator which ever is easyiest, im using a mates net now so forgive any late responses to any feedback. thank you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: VM selecting config files and tftip servers?

No one know anything about cloning cable modems at all on digi forums, can anyone reccommend a good place for this i used to use cablefilesuk but thats been down for some time probably never to return. Thanx

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hi m8

i see you have been a member for quite some time but seem to only post for help (7 posts in 5 years over 3 threads)
    If you had been around you would have known that this kind of talk has been stopped from being answered on the open board.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

actually we have a cable section as long as you dont mention company names, try there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi bbshark yeh your right havent really been on here much i tend to figure my problems out like this one my self, i will get to the bottom of it its just that i didnt want to do any shooting in the dark this time. People dont always like to talk about stuff like this although ive seen numerous posts pointing in the same direction maybe i need to rehprase things a little as im aware boards have been shut down in the past for discussing hacking aimed at perticular companys.

Undertaker thanx for the heads up i thought this was the right forum ill look a little harder and read some posts in the right section im currently on another forum discussing the matter they dont really seemed botherd about mentioning names or anything so i stick with them for now, thanx again.