Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Iphone unlocking

have the new iphone 16gig and latest firmware - but i need it unlocked so i can copy some apps etc across to it but apparently i need SSH installed so does anyone know a quick and sure way of doing this as i dont want to mess up my phone and in fact i dont need it on any network either as im happy with my current provider.I just want to be able to SSH into it so i can add apps etc.
    When it's illegal to say what you think, then it's your duty to say it !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Iphone unlocking

You dont need it "unlocked" , you need it "Jailbroken".

OpenSSH can be installed via Cydia once its jailbroken.

You need to use WinPWN if using windows to do that.

Plenty of info in the Apple area of this forum

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers m8 - ive had a read about the phone on the internet but mine has been updated the other day to the latest firmware version and i already have Itunes 7.7 installed - would itunes need to be uninstalled etc for me to even consider hacking my phone.
    When it's illegal to say what you think, then it's your duty to say it !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Apple Re: Iphone unlocking

iPhone | How to Jailbreak a 2.0.x iPhone Using QuickPwn GUI (Windows)

These are instructions on how to jailbreak your 2.0.x iPhone using the QuickPwn GUI application for Windows. Before following this tutorial connect your iPhone to the computer and make sure iTunes has detected it. Also remember this is still beta software!

Step One
    Create a folder called quickpwn on your desktop. Download QuickPwnGUI from here and place it into the newly created folder.

Download the 2.0.2 firmware for your specific iPhone and place it in the quickpwn folder you just created.
    2.0.2 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
    2.0.2 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw

Step Two
    Extract the downloaded zip file(QuickPwnGUI120.zip) to obtain an executable called QuickPwnGUI120.exe.

Step Three
    Double click the extracted exe file (QuickPwnGUI120.exe) to launch QuickPwn.

You will then be asked to select your iPhone version. Do this then click the blue right arrow to continue.

Step Four
    A popup will appear asking you to select your iPhone firmware. Select the firmware file we just downloaded from the quickpwn folder on your desktop, then click the Open button.

Step Five
    If the iPhone firmware file you selected is valid, QuickPwn will display a green checkmark. Click the blue right arrow to continue.

Step Six
    You will now be given the opportunity to select whether you would like to install Cydia, Installer, and Replace Boot Logos. Select those you would like to have installed then click the blue right arrow.

Step Seven
    Click the Go button to launch the QuickPwn command line application.

Step Eight
    You will then be asked to power off your iPhone and press Enter once it has been turned off.

Step Nine
    QuickPwn will now help you put your iPhone in DFU Mode. Read through the instructions so you know whats ahead then type in y and press Enter. As an alternative you can put the iPhone into DFU mode yourself using these directions then press Enter.

Step Ten
    First you will be asked to hold down the Power button for 5 seconds. Then you will have to also hold down the Home button for 10 seconds without letting go of the Power button. At the end of 10 seconds you will need to release only the Power button.

Step Eleven
    After a few seconds of holding down just the Home button QuickPwn will detect the DFU mode and start performing operations.

After 8 operations are performed QuickPwn will ask you to "Please wait while your iPhone is Jailbroken". You can press any key to close the command prompt window.

Your iPhone will display a turning wheel and in a few minutes will be jailbroken! If you have a 2G iPhone and would like to unlock simply install and run BootNeuter from Cydia.

NOTES***: Performing this jailbreak upgraded and jailbroke the firmware without losing any of the settings, contacts, applications etc.

THANKS***: Big thanks go to the Dev-Team and poorlad for creating this application.

Thanks
    Karma Level

you need to do some serious reading.

familiarise yourself with the terms jailbreak, activate and unlock, as if you get them wrong you WILL brick your phone.

Jailbreak - lets you install apps etc
    Activate - get you past the activate via itunes state
    Unlock - use other network sim cards

If you are running a 3g iphone you cant Unlock the phone yet

You can however jailbreak the 3g using Winpwn/Quickpwn/Pwange tool

Take a look at Hackintosh - be prepared to trawl through lots of crap though, and definately look at the tutorials on www.iClarified.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

f you have a 2G iPhone and would like to unlock simply install and run BootNeuter from Cydia.i
    do you know any other way to unlock this fone, i sorta used half this guide and half another one and half clickin everything is sight lol, anyway ive got the fone back on, cydia is installed, iv done what you said above but the fone isnt picking ANY sim card up at all, not even an 02 one.

any thoughts appreciated
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if your going to be using the newist fw's be it 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 try it again only try doing it with the newist version of winpwn from winpwn.com if however you just want the phone working and you want it done straight away download a copy of the ziphone sw from ziphone.org and (i think you still need it version 1.1.4 of the fw) then load ziphone and click "do it all"

personally i had a few issues with the newist version of winpwn but after changing size of the root partition from 700 to 800mb (done in expert mode) it went like a dream you just have to follow the steps thats all cos it sounds like youve jailbroke the phone but not unlocked it

Thanks
    Karma Level

well ive done it 3 times now m8, and tried ziphone and it wont do anything, does ziphone work on 2.02 sw, i cant even downgrade it back to 1.1.4 as it wont let me

Thanks
    Karma Level

no m8 it doesnt if you set it to dfu mode and then try and restore it through itunes to 1.1.4 does it let you? (shift and click restore to let you select the different fw's which im guessing you already know)

other than that are you using the newist version of itunes 7.7?

edit - i put a custom version of 2.0.1 that i found online on on saturday but could stand the pinapple logo's so put 1.1.4 back on)

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah man i try put 1.1.4 on and get unknown error 20

thanks for the help m8 ill try it all again

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think that your problem is itunes m8 ive just had a quick look and your not the only one with error 20 have a look at this

http://sleepers.net/news/guides/20-to-114-downgrade/

copy and pasted

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade
    Author: BigBoss

Here are the steps for a successful 2.0 to 1.1.4 downgrade for those of you that updated to 2.0 and realized what a mistake it was. (Thanks goes to Geeb for finding the iTunes 7.5 solution, Thanks goes to Crumpx for the pwnage method). Note that this has been performed on a PC.

Ok, so you updated to iTunes 7.7 and then installed 2.0 and you’re stuck. Here are the steps to downgrade to 1.1.4. Note that the result of this guide will be that you will be back to 1.1.4 version of firmware with baseband of 2.0 (4.05.04_G).

Step 1) The first problem in your downgrade is that you probably are getting error 20 in restore mode and error 160x in DFU mode. This is due to iTunes 7.7. So, you now you need to uninstall iTunes 7.7 and install iTunes 7.5. Make sure after your iTunes 7.7 uninstall you reboot your pc as it requests you to.

Note for OSX users:
    If you are on OSX and want to attempt to downgrade your iTunes, you can try these steps:

Load up Terminal and type the following:
    killall iTunesHelper
    sudo -s
    rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    rm -r /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework

Step 2) Now that you have iTunes 7.5, you will still have the DFU driver for 7.7. This is good and will allow the process to work. Put your phone into DFU mode using the DFU steps. Make sure you follow these step. You will not have any display on your device in DFU mode. If you see the cable and connect to iTunes, you did not get into DFU mode.

Step 3) Restore using iTunes 7.5. You will get an error like 1011, 1012, 1013, 1015. This is normal and expected. An error 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else is not ok.

Step 4) Once you get error above, leave iTunes open and kick your phone out of restore mode. I recommend just loading winpwn(PC) or pwnage(MAC) and pwning the device at this point. If pwnage fails to work, you need to restore your phone again. You should be able to use normal restore mode, however. Other ways to kick out of restore mode may be ibrickr, jailbreak 1.1.2 (boot phone), iLiberty+.

Step 5) Once completed, you have a pwned device with baseband 4.05.04_G from firmware v2.0.

Step 6) To get back to 04.04.05_G (1.1.4 baseband) load bootneuter. If you don’t have this, install it from installer. Run bootneuter with Neuter, 4.6, and unlock. When it’s done, you will have an unlocked 04.04.05_G right back where you started. Unfortunately, this only works if you have neutered your phone before the upgrade. If you did not, you will have to follow the steps below instead.

If you get a boot neuter error like 05, 02 or such, you need to follow these steps. Unfortunately, there is no safe answer to this one.The only method I know of to do this is to use a patched version of Ziphone as described here. Before you do this, you should know the risks. Read my Ziphone warning here. Your other option is to just wait for dev teams pwnage v2.0. Direct download link for pc and mac and instructions for use.

Troubleshooting:
    Some of you have reported “I am in DFU mode and keep getting error 20 from iTunes restore”. Answer, you are not in DFU mode. Follow the guide and the DFU link. An iPhone in DFU mode has no image on the screen and looks powered down.

Some of you are reporting error 160x (1600, 1601, 1602, 1604 etc) on the iTunes downgrade while in DFU mode. I suggest trying another PC. You may still have some residual files left over from the 7.7 install. Make sure you are in iTunes 7.5 with drivers from 7.7.

Thanks
    Karma Level

wow fuckin hell, thanks a lot for that m8 im gonna read all that and follow it now, off to find itunes 7.5

thank you agin m8 you been agreat help

Thanks
    Karma Level

no probs m8 if you finding it hard getting hold of itunes 7.5 let me know i think ive got a copy of it kick around some where

Thanks
    Karma Level

well looks like im shit outa luck all round, it didnt work, i got to step 4 where it says kick the fone outa dfu mode, then it tells u to use winpwn anyway wtf??? LOL.

anyway thanks again for all the help mate

its totally fucked now wont come on at all, wont restore or fuck all LOL
    Last edited by Freaky; 1st September 2008 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know this is going to be obvious but its not flat or in dfu mode is it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

deffo not flat m8, workin now ive got it back to the logo u see when you very first buy it
    Last edited by Freaky; 1st September 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Casio just wanted to say ive done everything a million times over and cydia has JUST unlocked it m8, i was using an inactive old 02 sim, so on 2.02 now all unlocked the lot

your a star m8, thank you very much for taking the trouble to find that stuff for me m8, i really do appreciate it, your a diamond geezah

cheers man

only thinng now is its tellin me i cant use itunes 7.5 i have to use 7.7, so am i ok to put 7.7 back on now, and youtube says i have to connect to itunes with an internet connection before i can use it
    Last edited by Freaky; 1st September 2008 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

no probs m8 as long as it was a help

Thanks
    Karma Level

well thats wot i get for gettin all excited

now when i call no ringtone comes on, ive tried the mute button thing and it aint thet, and wont connect to youtube

but at least i can use it as an ipod, the ipod touch is still dear innit, well i hope i can anyway lol.

read my post above m8 i edited it a bit

thanks again and yes it was a great help

lol this gets weirder, i now have ringtones hahahha

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know mines been a bit like that i must have rebooted it like ten times today, sometimes installer cant find a host and others it can i think its just down to the winpwn being a beta and the new 2.0.2 being a bit buggy

you should be fine with 7.7 now, ive got it installed and other than takin a little longer to sync than 7.5 did ive not noticed any problems

when you tried the youtube app was it on wifi or edge(gprs) cos you may need the edge/gprs settings alternatively mines never worked even on 1.1.4 it only worked on wifi (although if its a royal pain have a look for mxtube -its in cydia that will not only let you watch youtube but download and save the videos in various qualitys to watch at a later time)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast