Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mick Foley to TNA

TNAWrestlingNews.com is reporting tonight that TNA and Mick Foley have come to an agreement. He will able to debut in TNA as soon he is contractually permitted to. His current contract with WWE expires by September 1.

TNAWrestlingNews.com is also reporting that Spike TV helped TNA in landing the deal with Foley, and he may have a subsidized contract. Foley could end up being involved in other projects with Spike TV.

WWE dropped Foley from television a few weeks ago after they found he was unhappy with his status in the
    company and likely not renewing his contract.

There was a lot of buzz among the wrestlers in the locker room this past, but TNA officials are keeping quiet on the situation. Although, they were hopeful that TNA President Dixie Carter would get a deal done with Foley.
    its a shame this didnt happen 3 years ago when Foley still had abit of credability, but its still a great bit of buisness for TNA

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mick Foley to TNA

Do they still automatically give the main title to every ex-WWE star that arrives?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Do they still automatically give the main title to every ex-WWE star that arrives?
    no that hasnt happend for years, TNA is thriving with new talent now with Samoa Joe currently the top guy in the company. AJ Styles is the second best wrestler in TNA and will no doubt have a run with the title in the coming months.

Guys like Bobby Rude, James Storm, jay Lethal and awsome kong also make TNA well worth watching. Of corse having talented wrestlers like Angle and Christian helps things, but the best wrestlers in the company are definatley the TNA 'originals'.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tna wrestling is far more entertaining to watch than WWE atm. Foley wont care about the title as he said many times.. Its a gift and thats all.. He wants to build on his legacy which he will do in TNA.. Foley Vs Abyss me thinks..

PS.. Where is Christopher Daniels???

Oh.... did anyone see Ron "The Truth" on Smackdown last week.. He looked poor...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ron Killings gimmick in WWE is proper shite, hes likea midern day Ahmed Johnson. changing his ways for the kids!!
    And Chris Daniels has been wrestling as his Japanese alter-ego Curry Man since he was 'fired' last year.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Gillespsie agency just released the following:

September 3, 2008 - Statement from Mick Foley on leaving WWE, his future with TNA Wrestling and other opportunities.

"As of today, I am a free agent in the world of professional wrestling. I will always be grateful to WWE for affording me so many incredible opportunities over the past thirteen years, but feel the time is right to pursue other endeavors.

This move frees me up to participate in more film, television and voice roles, autograph sessions, speaking engagements, volunteer work, and will allow me the time to start work on a third novel, a fourth wrestling memoir and a new children’s story.

Over the next few weeks I will be working with my management team at Braverman/Bloom Co., Inc. in pursuing a couple of unique investment opportunities.

I can confirm I have had discussions with TNA Wrestling and have come to a short-term agreement. I am very excited about the specifics of this agreement and the potential it holds."

Mick Foley is available for booking through The Gillespie Agency. For
    more information contact Elaine Gillespie (elaine@GillespieTalent.com) or Nola Armstrong (nola@GillespieTalent.com).

Thanks
    Karma Level

it would be nice to see the old mick foley again wwe just made him look bad to the end