Close

Thread: David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default David Moyes

He got sent to the stand (with the opposition supporters? Go figure!) and will now be charged by the FA. But he was right. So how come he will now get punished and the ref/linesman will not?
    How come our FA will not adopt a system whereby a manger will not receive punishment when the point he was making was valid? These decisions are the ones which cost jobs and yet unless it is a major cock up then no referee ever feels the force of the FA.
    Any thoughts?
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: David Moyes

Was a major cock up at the time and could have changed the game, was the linesman who fucked it up as the ref pointed to the spot..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Evidence? This thread is lost without video evidence

Thanks
    Karma Level

He disrespected the officials and whilst i agree it turned out he was in the right that makes no odds.

Imagine saying to one of your kids "come on time for bed it's nine o'clock" and you kid turned around in an aggressive way and said "no it's not you fucking cunt it's only five to you prick!" would you say "sorry my mistake" or would you punish them?

Fair enough thats taking it to the extreme but the principal remains.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For one he didn't swear, Also Alan Wiley is a cunt and a shite ref,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying he did,as i said i was taking it to the extreme.But i'm sure he never said "excuse me old chap but i think you've made an error there"

It's all about consistency if it happened everytime a manager gets a little heated when protesting then so be it but thats not the case.You see far worse week in week out but rarely see managers sent to the stands.....although i must admit Sundays was funny.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely the main point is that if the officials had got it right, there would have been no disrespecting, no sending to the stands and no FA charge?
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its swings and roundabouts,some you get some you dont he should have just took it like a man instead of throwing his rattle out of the pram,yes the officials got it wrong but they dont have the privilage of action replays and slow motion,they are only human after all and they dont need to be verbally abused for making a mistake,especially by a bulbouse eyed scottish cunt

Thanks
    Karma Level

A refs decision is final on that day, take it and then leave it. Pursue it the next day. Argue to the ref when you think he is wrong you only create mayhem.

Go into the dressing room , punch a wall.. have a good old moan to your team mates, but ffs don't go at the ref telling him what you think. If it was ok to do that, then you would have 40,000 fans every game going at one bloke telling him exactly what they think, not acceptable.

Moyes is a professional and a role model in the very highest respectable league in the world..............

On the pitch keep your thoughts to yourself....argue another time when you can reflect and 'have a think on it', not making a split second decisions for whatever reasons to have a go at the ref.... The same adopts to all sports in every division/league.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wijit View Post
    Surely the main point is that if the officials had got it right, there would have been no disrespecting, no sending to the stands and no FA charge?
    Nope, the main point is what he said and they way he said it - the reason for his reaction is irrelevant.

Think about it this way - if they let it go - every player and manager in the country would be at it next week. Chaos.
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Bear View Post
    Nope, the main point is what he said and they way he said it - the reason for his reaction is irrelevant.

Think about it this way - if they let it go - every player and manager in the country would be at it next week. Chaos.
    There's no way in a million years we're going to agree here. If the ref had got it right, as he is paid to do, then Moyes would've had no complaint and therefore, no swearing/insults would have been forthconing. I think he has every right to complain as vocally as he did because there are situations where bad decisions earn the sack and/or cause relegation or failure to proceed in tournaments. This is part of the teamwork which makes a team.
    As I say, this is only my opinion and I fully accept that you believe what you say to be right, but this is why I like football so much. the fact that if we were in a pub, whoever we support, we could have abeer and debate this type of situation until we were incapable of standing up.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You misunderstand me.

I don't agree with what is happening to him - but I can understand the stance the FA have to take.
    In fact, the referee has already admitted he got it wrong and apologised to Moyes.
    Moyes HAS to face a disciplinary as he was blatently showing no respect for the ref.
    If there is no respect for the referee, the whole game of football will collapse.

Heres's the rub. Would you still say Moyes doesn't deserve punished if the decision was right - or even not clear cut?

Say Newcastle are playing Man Utd. Nani fouls Joey Barton, and is in posession, but the ref gets it wrong and waves play on. Joey Barton gets up - runs up to Nani and punches him full in the face, kicks him to the ground and spits on him.
    After the game the ref decides that he was wrong and should have punished Nani for the original foul - do you let Barton off now?

If you say yes, then I truly believe we will never agree!
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

And to be more argumentative, the referee had no choice :

Law 5 of the rules : takes action against team offi cials who fail to conduct themselves
    in a responsible manner and may, at his discretion, expel them
    from the fi eld of play and its immediate surrounds

And Moyes has no grounds to complain as the law also says
    Decisions of the Referee
    The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play,
    including whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match,
    are fi nal.

The decision may have been wrong - but his decision is final.
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the ficticious example with Joey Barton is a bit too extreme to be used as comparison (after all, Joey Barton-attacking someone? Nah!) but that would be clear violent conduct and would quite obviously lead to an FA charge no matter the circumstances. But, no, if the ref had got it right then Moyes would have had no real argument and as well as a charge, he should have the decency to aplogise to the ref for his actions. the ref got it wrong, and therefore Moyes shouldn't face a charge. There are no rules which show respect HAS to be shown, and certainly we would all agree that respect is earned, not a right.
    There is still a rub though. firstly, in saying the ref had no choice, you point out rule 5 and that clearly says the ref has dicretion on expulsion. he didn't HAVE to send Moyes to the stand at all-he chose to, which made a bad situation worse so in fact the refree was the architect of the worst of his criticsim.

We do agree on your last point. The refree isn't always right, but he is always the refree.
    This is good, we clearly agree on certain aspects and princiiples, but not on others.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.