Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lance Cade released

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Lance Cade released

thats a shocker, they have been pushing him really hard as of late. Plus he is a mate of HBK who has alot of strokein the office so he must have really pissed someone off to get fired.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Lance Cade released

In Jim Ross' latest blog, he somewhat explains why Lance Cade was abruptly let go from WWE this week. According to Ross, it was a disciplinary measure following a bad case of judgment, with concluded with an incident on an airplane.

His release from the company was not due to his performance, most notably, in a tag match with DX on Raw a few weeks ago. Ross wrote: "The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability." In case you missed it, there was a spot at the end of the match in which Shawn Michaels delivered the SuperKick to Cade. He was supposed to stand wobbly on his feet to run into a Pedigree from Triple H, but fell down instead. Audibly, Triple H told him to get up so he could deliver the move.

Ross doesn't go into detail, only to note that Cade made a bad decision. Following Cade's bad case of judgment, he ended up having a seizure on the plane, which required emergency medical care. Luckily for Cade, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and helped him get taken to the hospital. Doctors performed a number of tests on him and determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with him.

Following the incident, Ross felt that WWE had no choice but to let Cade go. Ross appears to imply that the seizure was due to Cade's "bad judgment."

Ross wrote: "Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation."