Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Actual Vista (32/64bit) Driver Packs For NF4 to NF7 Chipsets

@ all Vista (32/64bit) users with an nForce 4/5/6/7 series chipset mainboard:

Actual information:

Since 12th September 2008 NVIDIA is offering new nForce driverpacks v15.23/15.24 for all NF4-7 chipsets. The included drivers seem to be better than those of the 15.17/15.18 driverpacks, which were released in June and had to be pulled by NVIDIA 2 weeks later, but these new sets still don't seem to be the big shot:
    • some Intel related nForce chipsets are not supported by them (despite NVIDIA's announcements),
    • the included nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 don't have a good performance and seem to be incompatible with some nForce4 RAID systems and
    • the included nForce Ethernet driver v67.89 obviously doesn't work fine with all nForce chipsets.
    Although I am going to stop the support of this thread in the near future, I decided to update the presentation of some alternative Vista 32/64bit nForce driverpacks.
    The installation of my driverpacks may be useful for nForce users, who ran into problems with NVIDIA's official packs (for example NF4 RAID users) or who are searching for a driverpack combination, which gives them a better performance (owners of all NF4-7 chipsets).

Last update: 09/16/2008
    Changelog:
    - new: 2 different "NF4-7 Performance Packs" with modded nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 and v10.3.52.4
    - updated: SMBus and SMU drivers (except "NF4 RAID WHQL Driverpacks")
    - updated: HDAudio driver
    - enhanced compatibility of the "NF4-7 Performance Packs"
    - reinserted: 32bit version of the nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 into the "Special Vista WHQL Performance Packs"
    Please remember:
    Since I am not at home for some weeks, I will not be able to give you any support.

Preliminary notes
    Many users with an nForce chipset mainboard, who are running or going to install Vista (32/64bit), are searching for actual nForce chipset drivers, which are suitable for their special chipset and will give them the best possible performance and stability of their system. NVIDIA itself doesn't offer them.

This was the reason this thread exists.

Here are the actual nForce chipset driver packages for Vista x86 and Vista x64:

A. "Vista WHQL Driver Packs":

1. "Special WHQL Performance Packs with v9.99.09 IDE"
    (usable with MCP51, MCP55, nForce 680i and NF7 chipsets)

Changelog:
    - replaced: the nForce IDE drivers of the 32bit version
    - updated: SMBus, SMU and HDAudio driver

Here are the download links to the "Special WHQL Performance Packs" (with multilingual installer):

32bit driverpack v4.1 for Vista x86:
    Main download link (eSnips)
    Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

64bit driverpack v4.1 for Vista x64:
    Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Code:

These are the components: 
    Ethernet Driver (v67.80) WHQL 
    SataRAID Driver (v9.99.09) WHQL 
    SataIDE Driver (v9.99.09) WHQL 
    RAIDTOOL Application (v9.99.09) "Sedona" 
    SMBus Driver (v4.69) WHQL 
    SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL 
    HD Audio Driver (v1.00.0.33) WHQL 
    optional IDE driver registry cleaner
    Installer (v5.93)

Information:
    • Compatibility:
      My "WHQL Performance Packs" are fully supporting nForce 430/410 (MCP51=socket 754/939), nForce 590/570/550 (MCP55), nForce 680i and NF7 series chipsets. Users with other chipsets, who want to enhance their performance, have to take one of the "Modded Vista Performance Packs" (see below).
    • Performance details:
      The nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 of my "Performance Packs" are as rock stable as the 10.3.0.42 ones, but have a better performance. Users will get the best results, if these IDE drivers are combined with Ethernet drivers, which do not drop the speed. The Ethernet drivers v67.80 obviously are the best choice as partner of the 9.99.09 IDE drivers

2. "Special NF4 RAID WHQL Driverpacks"
    (approved WHQL driver combination for NF4 RAID systems)

Changelog:
    - updated: HDAudio driver

Users with an nForce4 RAID system may run into problems, when they try to get Vista installed with the newest nForce SataRaid drivers from scratch.
    This is the reason why I still offer these special WHQL signed Vista driverpacks for users with an NF4 RAID system.

Here are the download links (with multilingual installer):

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

These are the components of these special Vista packages:
    Code:

SataRAID Driver (v9.98) WHQL 
    SataIDE Driver (v9.98) WHQL 
    RAIDTOOL Application "Sedona" (v9.99) 
    SMBus Driver (v4.64) WHQL 
    optional IDE driver registry cleaner (made by TwL) 
    Installer (v5.93)
    Notice:
    • Contrary to NVIDIA's officially offered nForce chipset driver packs v15.23/15.24 these packs are fully supporting nForce4 RAID systems. Users with such hardware configuration can use the included nForce IDE drivers v9.98 even from scratch by loading them during the Vista installation.

You may use all above presented packages at own risk.

Attention:

Update of the Ethernet drivers:
    1. The Ethernet drivers, which are part of these unofficial nForce chipset driver packages, are running fine with nearly all nForce chipsets, if they are installed the correct way. The running Ethernet drivers should not be just updated! You have to uninstall the previously loaded Ethernet drivers before you run the installer and decide to update the complete chipset driver package!
    2. After the installation of the new Ethernet drivers you should verify, that the hidden device ("View" > "show hidden devices") named "Bus Enumerator" has been updated too. Otherwise the Ethernet Controller will not work. Some nForce chipset mainboards need more than 1 reboot to get the Ethernet devices (Bus Enumerator and Network Controller) completely and properly installed.
    Update of the nForce IDE drivers:
    1. It is always risky to replace previously installed nForce IDE drivers by other ones, especially with nForce RAID systems, but you can minimize the risks. After having run the installer of the suitable nForce chipset driver package with checked "Storage Driver" or "MediaShield" update, you should NOT REBOOT unless you have checked, that all NVIDIA related Storage and RAID devices have been successfully updated.

This is what you should do:
      1. Open the "Device Manager", select "View" and check the "Show hidden devices" option.
      2. Open the "Storage Controllers" section and look for the actual driver version (right click > "Properties" > "Driver") of ALL listed "NVIDIA RAID Controllers" and ALL listed RAID Devices (with the name of your RAIDed hdd's). If needed, do a manual driver update by loading the SATARAID driver folder content and using the "Have Disk..." option.
      3. Search for devices named "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller" (within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or "Storage Controllers" section) and look for their actual driver version. If needed, do a manual driver update by loading the SATA_IDE driver folder content and using the "Have Disk..." option.
      4. NOW YOU CAN REBOOT.
    2. If Vista 32/64bit should refuse the direct update of the running nForce IDE drivers, you may have to manually "downgrade" to the Vista in-box ones (Vista RTM: v8.22, Vista SP1: v8.30/8.33) as first step. The NVIDIA S-ATA and RAID devices with these drivers are shown as compatible, when you try to "update" the drivers as written above.
      Once the "downgrade" is completed and you have rebooted, you probably will be able to get the new nForce IDE drivers installed (maybe even by running the installer of the package).
    3. Use of the optional registry cleaner:
      Since NVIDIA has renamed their Vista nForce IDE drivers and due to the fact, that only nForce IDE drivers with exactly the same name will be overwritten by a driver update, it is possible, that previously installed nForce IDE drivers will remain within the system. These "old" drivers can drop the performance and even let the system crash.
      That is why all my Vista nForce chipset driver packs now contain an "optional.reg" file, which is able to erase all registry entries regarding previously installed nForce IDE drivers. You will find this REG file and a text file how to use it within a new folder named "optional after IDE driver update".
    4. Driver update via Windows Update:
      It is highly recommended to disable the automatic Windows Update option, because otherwise you risk, that you get nForce drivers installed, which are broken or worse than those you had previously installed yourself. If Windows Update is offering any new nForce chipset driver, you should only accept it, if you are sure, that the update is useful and safe.

Additional information:
    1. None of the above presented nForce chipset driver packages do contain any modified INF or OEM file. So all included nForce drivers (IDE, Ethernet and SMBus) are fully WHQL certified by Microsoft.

2. What has been done is just putting the newest and best WHQL certified Vista(32/64bit) nForce drivers, which are natively compatible with (almost) all nForce chipsets from nForce4 up, together into 1 single package.
    3. You won't find a NAM folder with NVIDIA's "Network Management Tools" within my packages, because they are useless (mostly broken). Big advantage: The download is much quicker due to the small package size.
    4. Although I am very confident, that these new nForce chipset drivers will work with the applied nForce chipsets, I recommend to use these drivers for a clean install of Vista (32/64bit). Especially the update of the nForce SataRaid drivers from within a running OS is always a risk and the success of an update depends on the version of the previously installed nForce IDE drivers.
    5. You won't be able to get any nForce IDE driver (not even the S-ATA one) installed by running the installer of any pack unless you have checked the "MediaShield" or "Storage Drivers" option!
    6. When you have run the installer of a Vista nForce chipset driver package, you should verify after the reboot, if all nForce chipset drivers really have been updated. It is a known issue of nearly all NVIDIA's Vista nForce chipset driver installers, that they will not automaticly update all previously installed nForce drivers. So you should compare the driver versions and - where necessary - do the driver update manually within the device manager.
    7. The new nForce SataRaid drivers require an up-to-date mainboard and nVRaid BIOS (MediaShield ROM) version.
    8. Don't be astonished or even afraid, if you get a "safely remove hardware" icon within the systray after having installed any of the new nForce IDE drivers. This is not a bug, but a feature of the new generation of nForce S-ATA drivers with AHCI support.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annex:

B. Modded NF4-7 chipset driver packs for Vista (32/64bit):

Unfortunately NVIDIA didn't yet present WHQL certified Vista nForce IDE drivers, which are running flawlessly with all NF4-7 chipsets. That is why there obviously is still a need of "modded" drivers. A lot of users are wanting the best suitable drivers for their nForce chipset and don't set a high value on their WHQL certification.

General information regarding the use of unsigned Vista drivers:
    • The presence or absence of the WHQL stamp has no influence at all on the function of the drivers.
    • It is not true, that Vista's built-in "Driver integrity check" does not allow to install any modded/unsigned drivers. It is no problem to get my "modded" nForce IDE drivers installed onto a running Vista x86/x64 (nForce RAID users should comply with my special nForce RAID driver update instructions).

• Only disadvantage of unsigned drivers is the installation procedure:
      1. They cannot be loaded from scratch, if users are booting off the Vista SP1 DVD. But once Vista is up, even the "modded" drivers of these driverpacks can be installed.
      2. The driver update has to be forced by using the "Have Disk..." method (otherwise you get the message, that the "best" driver has already been installed).

Here are the actual "modded" Vista packs with the currently best nForce drivers for NF4-7 chipsets:

1. "NF4-7 Performance Pack with modded 9.99.09 IDE"
    (well approved fastest nForce driver combination, suitable for all nForce chipsets from NF4 up)

Changelog:
    - new: "modded" nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 with enhanced compatibilty
    - updated: SMBus, SMU and HDAudio driver

Here are the download links to the "NF4-7 Performance Packs with 9.99.09 IDE":

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Code:

SataRAID Driver (v9.99.09) customized by Fernando 
    SataIDE Driver (v9.99.09) customized by_Fernando 
    RAIDTOOL Application (v9.99.09) "Sedona" 
    SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL 
    Installer (v5.93)
    Informations regarding these driverpacks:
    • These "modded" actual driverpacks are supporting all nForce chipsets from NF4 up (inclusive MCP79).
    • Contrary to NVIDIA's official nForce 15.23/15.24 sets these driverpacks can be installed onto nForce4 RAID systems without any problems (thanks to Drago for his reports).
      Attention: Since the nForce IDE drivers are modified (to make them suitable with all NF4-7 chipsets), the included nForce S-ATA and RAID drivers cannot be used from scratch.
      Advice for NF4 RAID users: If you are doing a fresh install of Vista, you should load the WHQL signed nForce IDE drivers 9.98. Once Vista is up, you can update to the IDE drivers by using this package.
    • The included Ethernet driver will support nearly all NF4-7 chipsets. Users with an MCP79 chipset mainboard should use the Ethernet driver of NVIDIA's actual nForce driverpack.

2. New: "NF4-7 Performance Pack with modded 10.3.52.4 IDE"
    (alternative driverpack for courageous users)

Changelog:
    - brandnew packages (32bit SATA_IDE driver folder and INF file was created by me)

Here are the download links to these "NF4-7 Performance Packs with 10.3.52.4 IDE":

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Code:

SataRAID Driver (v10.3.52.4) customized by Fernando 
    SataIDE Driver (v10.3.52.4) created (32bit) and customized by Fernando 
    RAIDTOOL Application (32bit: v10.3.50.8, 64bit: 1o.3.52.4) "Sedona" 
    SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL 
    Installer (v5.93)
    Informations regarding these driverpacks:
    • These "modded" actual driverpacks are supporting all nForce chipsets from NF4 up (inclusive MCP79). Nevertheless the installation onto nForce4 RAID systems has not yet been approved (please give a feedback!).
    • The included nForce IDE drivers v10.3.52.4 seem to be fast and rock stable. This is what Guru3D wrote about my 64bit driverpack: Quote:We have reports back from forum users, that the installation works excellent and that intensive I/O multitasking has improved a lot compared with older nForce drivers.
    • The included Ethernet driver will support nearly all NF4-7 chipsets. Users with an MCP79 chipset mainboard should use the Ethernet driver of NVIDIA's actual nForce driverpack.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Actual Vista (32/64bit) Driver Packs For NF4 to NF7 Chipsets

@ Raptor:

1. Why did you copy and paste the work of someone else without asking him and not even mentioning the real author and the original source?

2. You obviously tried to delete all references to the real author of the original post and creator of the driverpacks, but you forgot some details:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Although I am going to stop the support of this thread in the near future, I decided to update the presentation of some alternative Vista 32/64bit nForce driverpacks.
    The installation of my driverpacks may be useful for nForce users, who ran into problems with NVIDIA's official packs (for example NF4 RAID users) or who are searching for a driverpack combination, which gives them a better performance (owners of all NF4-7 chipsets).
    Since I am not at home for some weeks, I will not be able to give you any support.
    My "WHQL Performance Packs" are fully supporting nForce 430/410 (MCP51=socket 754/939), nForce 590/570/550 (MCP55), nForce 680i and NF7 series chipsets. Users with other chipsets, who want to enhance their performance, have to take one of the "Modded Vista Performance Packs" (see below).
    The nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 of my "Performance Packs" are as rock stable as the 10.3.0.42 ones, but have a better performance.
    This is the reason why I still offer these special WHQL signed Vista driverpacks for users with an NF4 RAID system.
    That is why all my Vista nForce chipset driver packs now contain an "optional.reg" file, which is able to erase all registry entries regarding previously installed nForce IDE drivers.
    Who is "I" and "my"? Is it you, Raptor, or did you just forget to replace these words by not personal ones?

3. The first post of this thread is outdated since several weeks (some links are dead, some driverpacks have been updated, new ones are available). Has it been too much work for you to keep your "sticky" thread starter up-to-date?

@ all users:]

If you want to see the up-to-date original thread, you should look here:
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/opti...t-vt70915.html

Greetings!
    Fernando
    Last edited by Fernando 1; 17th December 2008 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post
    @ Raptor:

1. Why did you copy and paste the work of someone else without asking him and not even mentioning the real author and the original source?

2. You obviously tried to delete all references to the real author of the original post and creator of the driverpacks, but you forgot some details:Who is "I" and "my"? Is it you, Raptor, or did you just forget to replace these words by not personal ones?

3. The first post of this thread is outdated since several weeks (some links are dead, some driverpacks have been updated, new ones are available). Has it been too much work for you to keep your "sticky" thread starter up-to-date?

@ all users:]

If you want to see the up-to-date original thread, you should look here:
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/opti...t-vt70915.html

Greetings!
    Fernando
    and what it got to do with you?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    and what it got to do with you?
    Nothing, unless it was me and not Raptor, who has customized, bundled and uploaded all the NF driverpacks and who has written the text of Raptor's start posts within the "PC Hardware" subforum.
    It is much easier to post the work of someone else without mentioning where you got it and to add a "Thankyou" button.
    This is a brilliant basis of a good reputation.

Regards
    Fernando

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post
    Nothing, unless it was me and not Raptor, who has customized, bundled and uploaded all the NF driverpacks and who has written the text of Raptor's start posts within the "PC Hardware" subforum.
    It is much easier to post the work of someone else without mentioning where you got it and to add a "Thankyou" button.
    This is a brilliant basis of a good reputation.

Regards
    Fernando
    A lot of post from "Raptor" are from a bot anyway - blame rss feeds.