Talk about early gossip!!

This is how Hollywood works. Someone says something and it becomes the talk of the town. Earlier this week we reported a story about the Marvel Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange. MTV had talked with Marvel's president of production Kevin Feige who had told them that "I would not be shocked if we saw Dr. Strange" on the Marvel feature film line-up for 2012 and 2013. Upon further research, I found that Guillermo del Toro had mentioned back in February that he was trying to put together a script for a Dr. Strange movie with none other than well-known comic book author Neil Gaiman. Premiere finally caught up with Gaiman recently and got a clarification on all this news - and it doesn't look too promising yet.

"I would love to write Dr. Strange. It would be absolutely one of my dream jobs [to write] a Dr. Strange movie," Gaiman begins. He recalls a story where he visited the set of Hellboy II and talked with Guillermo about Dr. Strange. Apparently Gaiman has been "in very, very early sort of 'I would to do this' talks with Marvel" and that Guillermo's reaction was "Neil, I want to direct it!" With Gaiman and del Toro on board, obviously, Marvel became quite excited, too. But as we all know, Guillermo took on the monumental task of directing The Hobbit. "Anyway, the point is we're probably, we may be four years away from Guillermo being free to do it, and I'm not entirely sure I'd want to do it without him. So we'll see."

That explanation doesn't exactly debunk any rumors, either from Feige or del Toro. In fact, it sort of supports Feige's claim that we might see Dr. Strange by 2012 or 2013. Maybe they can convince del Toro to direct Dr. Strange after finishes The Hobbit and one of his other projects in development. If that were the case, it sounds like it would be something we'd see by 2013, since The Hobbit is supposed to be finished by 2011. Either way, don't hold your breath, this could all change at the drop of a dime, and considering this is Hollywood, it probably already has. I guess I'm just so excited at the prospect of seeing a Dr. Strange movie made by Neil Gaiman and Guillermo del Toro that I'm hoping all this turns out to be true.