Jackson must be the busiest man in Hollywood - he is in everything, even cartoons (afro ninja)!!

This is some very odd news! The Playlist chimed in yesterday with a very interesting exclusive casting report surrounding Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, which I thought had already finalized its full cast and is currently shooting. They report that Maggie Cheung and Samuel Jackson both joined the film in very minimal roles. Apparently Cheung will play the role of Madame Mimieux, the French matron of the Cinematheque that takes in the protagonist when she's being sought by the Nazis, while Jackson will voice the narration in the film, which is only used sparingly to add some context and background.

Considering Jackson has shown up in Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and even Kill Bill: Vol. 2, this wouldn't be too crazy to hear his voice in Basterds. I haven't read the script, but I guess I'm just confused why some guy totally unrelated to the story is providing narration. But I won't question it too much, because I'm sure it'll fit in fine in the end. Cheung also seems like a very interesting casting choice, but I'll step back and let Tarantino do his thing. We've already seen a few photos from Inglourious Basterds, so all that's left is to let it shoot for the next few months so we can start to see some finished footage!