Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Photos The Next President Of The United States

The next President of the United States

In a vote of historic proportions yesterday, Senator Barack Obama became President-Elect of the United States of America with a 52% majority in the popular vote, and more than 349 electoral votes. Over two years of campaigning was resolved with a record voter turnout, as the Republican candidate John McCain conceded graciously at 11:20 pm eastern last night. With such a high level of interest and attention, there have been millions of words written and photographs taken of the candidates over the past year. Here is a collection of some of the best photos of President-Elect Barack Obama over the past several months. (35 photos total)

Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama speaks at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, October 19, 2008. (REUTERS/Jim Young)

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks to a crowd of 75,000 at Waterfront Park in Portland, Oregon, Sunday, May 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson) #

US Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama on the tarmac near his campaign plane in Reno, Nevada, September 29, 2008. (EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama is silhouetted as he speaks at a rally in front of Morrill Hall at the University of Nevada at Reno in Reno, Nev. Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon) #

A woman is overcome with emotion after meeting Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama at a rally on October 3, 2008 in Abington, Pennsylvania. (STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images) #

US Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama is reflected in a teleprompter as he speaks at a campaign rally in Philadelphia, October 11, 2008. (REUTERS/Jim Young) #

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama is shown on television screens during the final presidential debate with Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y, Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) #

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama waves as he arrives at a rally in Henderson, Nev., Saturday, Nov. 1, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) #

Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama walks from his plane on October 3, 2008 after arriving in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on his way to a rally in Abington, Pennsylvania. (STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images) #

Senator Barack Obama takes the ball to the hole as Reggie Love, green jersey, former Duke basketball player, left, and Chris Duhon, former Duke basketball player and now NBA Chicago Bulls player, during a pick-up basketball game on primary day in Chicago, Tuesday, May, 20, 2008. (Doug Mills/ The New York Times) #

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama waves to the crowd at a rally in the rain at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Va. Saturday, Sept. 27, 2008.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon) #

Supporters of Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) listen to his speech during a downpour during a campaign rally at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia September 27, 2008. (REUTERS/Jason Reed) #

US Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama is reflected in the countertop as he places an order at a deli during a campaign stop in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, October 21, 2008. (REUTERS/Jim Young) #

US Senator Barack Obama addresses the crowd on day 4 of the Democratic National Convention as it concluded at Invesco Field in Denver, CO on Thursday, August 28, 2008. (Yoon S. Byun/Globe Staff) #

US Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama leaves a campaign rally in Philadelphia, October 11, 2008. (REUTERS/Jim Young) #

Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama shares a moment with his wife Michelle on stage at a campaign rally outside the Detroit Public Library September 28, 2008. (REUTERS/Jason Reed) #

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama speaks during a rally in Charlotte, N.C., Sunday, Sept. 21, 2008. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson) #

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama listens as storm clouds gather, while he is introduced by Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden at a rally at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Va. Saturday, Sept. 27, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon) #

Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama is photographed October 3, 2008 at the airport in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania before flying to Chicago. (STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential nominee U.S. Sen. Barack Obama exits his vehicle as he arrives to board his plane October 27, 2008 in Chicago, Illinois. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama (lower right) waves as he arrives at a rally of 100,000 supporters in St. Louis, Mo., Saturday, Oct. 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) #

Democratic presidential nomineee U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) speaks during a rally at Abington High School October 3, 2008 in Abington, Pennsylvania. (Jeff Fusco/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama boards his plane at Reagan National airport in Washington September 28, 2008. (REUTERS/Jason Reed) #

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama shares a light moment with communications director Robert Gibbs on the tarmac at Midway Airport in Chicago Sunday, Sept. 28, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon) #

On the eve of the US presidential election, Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama speaks during his last campaign rally for the 2008 presidential race in Manassas, Virginia, November 03, 2008. (EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama speaks as supporters are reflected in the teleprompter at a rally in St. Louis, Mo., Saturday, Oct. 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) #

US Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama shares a fist bump with Ethan Gibbs, the five year-old son of campaign communication director Robert Gibbs, upon disembarking from his campaign plane at Dulles airport in Chantilly, Virgina, on October 22, 2008. (EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images) #

US Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama disembarks from his campaign plane at Midway airport in Chicago, Illinois, October 19, 2008. (EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential nominee U.S. Sen. Barack Obama speaks during a campaign event at Colorado State University October 26, 2008 in Fort Collins, Colorado. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama walks down the steps at the gateway arch in St. Louis, Mo., Saturday, Oct. 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) #

US Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama points on his way to board his campaign plane in Columbia, Missouri, October 31, 2008. (EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images) #

US Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack Obama is welcomed by his wife Michelle and daughters Malia, 11 and Sasha, 7, upon landing in Pueblo, Colorado, on November 01, 2008. (EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images) #

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., holds up a ballot receipt after casting his vote at a polling place in Chicago, Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) #

US President-elect Senator Barack Obama enters the stage with his two daughters, Sasha and Malia, and his wife Michelle to speak to supporters during his election night rally after being declared the winner of the 2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign in Chicago November 4, 2008. (REUTERS/Jim Young) #

A spectator raises her fist in celebration seconds after it was announced that Barack Obama will be the 44th President of the United States at Ebenezer Baptist Church, Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2008. (AP Photo/Pouya Dianat, Atlanta Journal & Constitution) #

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Next President Of The United States

history in the making....well done to him

Sent By Brick Wrapped In Paper Thrown Through The Window..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guess a few hundred million dollars can get you a decent photographer.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

Awesome pictures.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

Thanks
    Karma Level

Picture 11 is fucking epic... I'm half expecting lightening to erupt from his palm!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I swear you could put a movie to each one of those shots, superb photography but I did chuckle.

The best being the shawshank redemption but I spotted rocky, manchurian candidate, goodfellas, coach carter.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love Picture 11, it's not often you see politicians standing in the rain with their sleeves rolled up, no jacket, no tie, just looking like they're there to get the job done
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryRises View Post
    I love Picture 11, it's not often you see politicians standing in the rain with their sleeves rolled up, no jacket, no tie, just looking like they're there to get the job done
    Blair did it all the time!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by xanderxine View Post
    Blair did it all the time!
    Hence why I said "not often", I didn't say "You Never See it" or "It's never happened before"

And Besides, I never once looked at Blair and thought he could get the job done, Blair had an uphill stuggle against, amongst other things, his own party, trying to please all of the people all of the time, and pandering to the last POTUS.

Obama on the other hand looks as though, and sounds as though he has a plan to change America, and i think he might just be able to get the job done, We could do with a politician like that over here.

Unlike the "choice" we have here between Brown, who has inherited a mess and is fighting against critisism for shit that's nothing to do with him (see: the curent financial climate, caused primarily by the US sub prime market) and who I don't honestly think is a strong enough leader for the UK, or David Cameron, an effete Etonian and his private school cronies, who, in my opinion have few clear policies, most of which I don't like and many confused, unclear ones that I don't agree with.
    Last edited by MercuryRises; 7th November 2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: tidying post to make it readable
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Let's not forget that he's a politician and an inexperienced one at that, I hope the massive hype is all well founded.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

fantastic pictures!

Thanks
    Karma Level

this dude looks like he means business, good luck to him anything is better than that southern clown in charge at the mo

Thanks
    Karma Level

awesome photos, saw them on thebigpicture website which always posts fantastic images. obama looks exactly how you see an american president in the movies.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

great pix .... think I will make another thread

Thanks
    Karma Level

very nice photos and well done to the photographers actually capturing the moments. and being a "yank" , i really hope he helps to straigten this country out he has already done some very smart things by placing some very good people into his cabinet thus far. but like everything, only time will tell, hopefully we dont run out of time.