Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Another 3 from me, comments please?

porch of maidens in athens

sun/cloud burst over the The Erechtheum

changing of the guard panorama at the tomb of the unknown soldier

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Another 3 from me, comments please?

love the second photo. its great

Thanks
    Karma Level

first and second do it for me m8. crackinh shots

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by KLL8 View Post
    love the second photo. its great
    Quote Originally Posted by tam9 View Post
    first and second do it for me m8. crackinh shots
    Quote Originally Posted by kry0genik View Post
    I love the 3rd! 1st & 2nd are great shots too.
    Thanks for the comments guys!

tried to do something different with each picture

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like the first one, Liking the colour of the Sky too, really rich deep blue.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guys, any chance you can say WHY you liked the photo? To simply say X and X are the best are nice comments but it would help the photographer greatly if you could say why you liked it so they can keep it in mind for next time

The first one, I love the deep blue colours and the contrasting colour of the stone. The horizon line is slightly angled or the photo gives the illusion of it being angled. The shadow by the figures is a little bit of a shame however I feel the positioning of that part of the wall is good. Is more on the left line of the Rule of thirds.

The second shot is really good. Great composition, brilliant angle and that sunburst from the cloud is really cool. Again vibrant blues and I feel you captured the cloud in a really good position.

Last shot is a cracker too. I love the tight crop on it and the symmetry works exceptionally well. Gotta love the timing of the capture with those guys kicking out. Great shot

Thanks
    Karma Level

The first one has a nicely exposed sky, but overexposed foreground. How the fuck did you manage that (can't see any obvious filter lines). Tone down the foreground a little and you have a winner.

The second is a great shot. My kind of perspective and the sun positioning works well.

I think I like the third best though. Love the perfect symmetry of the guards and the stiching is excellent.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

2nd one for me mate, I love that angle and the cloud. I can't say much more than that, but I might well be asking for a desktop version soon.

I really like the last too, as has been said the symmetry of the guards is a bit weird and special, put on the panoramic (right word?) background, I think it really works.

I am sorry to say haowever that the first shot doesn't work it for me, It's a cracking shot but I just don't feel as 'involved'

Excuse my spelling and punctuation.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    Guys, any chance you can say WHY you liked the photo? To simply say X and X are the best are nice comments but it would help the photographer greatly if you could say why you liked it so they can keep it in mind for next time

The first one, I love the deep blue colours and the contrasting colour of the stone. The horizon line is slightly angled or the photo gives the illusion of it being angled. The shadow by the figures is a little bit of a shame however I feel the positioning of that part of the wall is good. Is more on the left line of the Rule of thirds.

The second shot is really good. Great composition, brilliant angle and that sunburst from the cloud is really cool. Again vibrant blues and I feel you captured the cloud in a really good position.

Last shot is a cracker too. I love the tight crop on it and the symmetry works exceptionally well. Gotta love the timing of the capture with those guys kicking out. Great shot
    thanks for the comments mate, first picture i kept trying to line up the horizon, but it looked weird, that was the best angle i could get to work.
    spent two weeks there, and the one day i visit that site, i managed to get a cloudy day to at least give a bit of interest in the sky, waited for a while to get perfect angle with the cloud as well
    and you have no idea how many shots i took of those soldiers to get the one i was happy with

Quote Originally Posted by kry0genik View Post
    I like the 3rd for it's almost panoramic dimensions. The two guys shot in symmetry like book ends. Different.
    Thanks, thats what i was trying for there

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    The first one has a nicely exposed sky, but overexposed foreground. How the fuck did you manage that (can't see any obvious filter lines). Tone down the foreground a little and you have a winner.

The second is a great shot. My kind of perspective and the sun positioning works well.

I think I like the third best though. Love the perfect symmetry of the guards and the stiching is excellent.
    I used an underexposed image, and pumped it up a bit to get it to look like that, it might look a wee bit over saturated now im looking at it again so i`ll have another play with it PS tonight, thanks for pointing it out

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    2nd one for me mate, I love that angle and the cloud. I can't say much more than that, but I might well be asking for a desktop version soon.

I really like the last too, as has been said the symmetry of the guards is a bit weird and special, put on the panoramic (right word?) background, I think it really works.

I am sorry to say haowever that the first shot doesn't work it for me, It's a cracking shot but I just don't feel as 'involved'

Excuse my spelling and punctuation.
    Thanks mate, happy with the 2nd and 3rd one myself, but on looking this morning the first one could do with a wee bit of tweaking again

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

nice series, the last one being my fav, monitors dont do panos justice but that onre looks well, nice angle on the second one too..

Thanks
    Karma Level

love the 3rd and 2nd shot ............3rd is stunning though, nice one mmg

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

nice series, monitors do panos no favours but that one looks well, nice angle on the second one aswell, the ist is a nice pic but is a bit to square if that makes sense