Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTC Touch HD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default HTC Touch HD

Ive been waiting for fucking ages for this..hears my thoughts on the unit after having it for 3 days..

Windows Mobie 6.1 is shit. Its even shitter compared to android. TouchFlo does a nice job hiding everything but you still see parts of 6.1 (like when you go to set a alarm)

Next to a Iphone the Touch HD looks like a chinese Knock Off. Its heavier then the iphone and its heavier then my n95.

The Screen is fucking gorgeous. It looks mint, txting is great on this (Once you turn the T9 off) I make the odd typo for now but i can live with it.

Now Ive watched alot of vids on the Touch hd, which showed smooth scrolling through TouchFloo and excellant websurfing via Opera. I dont know what version they had but FUCK ME was I disapointed.

I found the screen to be unresponsive unless i used a ALOT of pressure, Opera was not great to use at all..it was like a disabled version of safari. Everything would load up (eventually) but as soon as you zoomed in it would struggle to keep up. Opera was really bad to use, pocket internet explorer was a joke..I was fucked off :@

But then i spent a whole day at work going through the XDA forums.. I performed a few tweeks through the registery(Made the cache bigger, adjusted the sensertivity of the phone, got rid of standby) and fuck me what a differance

Opera is great to use (nowhere near as good as chrome on android) and theres the odd problem on clicking on hyperlinks, but it renders alot faster now. TouchFlo is now a joy to use and scrolls just as quick as the vids I had seen.

I do have to give it to HTC for supplying 1 of the best batterys ever. I have bluetooth on and HSPDA on all the time and the battery keeps on going..lasts longer then my n95 and a LOT longer then my G1 ever did.

Even though it comes with WM 6.1, HTC have done a decent job by using the TouchFlo GUI over it..its only a matter of time till WM 6.5 and Android come out for it..I cant wait to use Chrome on this thing

I had a tyntyn2 and i couldnt stand using it because of the LAG whilst doing anything..this is non-existant on the Touch HD.
    I have always thought that you cannot have a touchscreen phone without a good hardware keyboard..My (Tweeked) Touch HD has changed my mind on the keyboard and it is a joy to use

(I have not played any divx files on this yet..il be testing it tonight with coreplayer and prison break)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: HTC Touch HD

cool got mine on the way once they are back in stock, will have to head over to XDA then and get reading

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    its only a matter of time till WM 6.5 and Android come out for it..I cant wait to use Chrome on this thing
    I don't know about your phone in particular, but generally htc don't release newer os'es for your phone as you no longer will need to replace it. (also possibily/probably licensing issues with ms). Most people updating their phones will be using "toasted" roms from sites like the one you named.

My experience of wm6.1 is that it's great if you need the whole pda side of your phone, wank as an actual phone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    I don't know about your phone in particular, but generally htc don't release newer os'es for your phone as you no longer will need to replace it. (also possibily/probably licensing issues with ms). Most people updating their phones will be using "toasted" roms from sites like the one you named.

My experience of wm6.1 is that it's great if you need the whole pda side of your phone, wank as an actual phone.
    yeah i meant cooked roms

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got a Touch Diamond some time back. Hated it and sold it for £250 which was f00kin awesome because Orange gave me the phone for f00k all

Once you get all those tweaks on from XDA, they do run much better but the main bug bear for me was the loss of the slide out keyboard. I used an SPV M3100 with the fantastic slide out keyboard. When I sold the Touch Diamond, I went right back to my lovely M3100.

The Touch Diamond whatever it is that has the slide out keyboard looks very nice but until HTC get their shit into gear and actually put a decent amount of RAM in ANY of the phones, I'll be staying away for another 18 months or so.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Like the look of the Touch HD, but love my cooked Diamond
    So very small, only let down by WM really, looking forword to my next upgrade in a year tho, HTC should of made some good non WM phones by then me thinks

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am getting my Touch HD next week, any chance you can point me in the right direction for the tweaks.

Thanks

Sully

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope they bring out a Touch HD Pro ... I can't see myself ever buying a phone without qwerty keyboard any time soon.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by phlix View Post
    I hope they bring out a Touch HD Pro ... I can't see myself ever buying a phone without qwerty keyboard any time soon.
    I went from a Tytn II to the Touch HD and at first you really miss the keyboard but you soon get used to the on screen qwerty one and can now type as fast as i did before.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hungabunga View Post
    I am getting my Touch HD next week, any chance you can point me in the right direction for the tweaks.

Thanks

Sully
    Have a look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=452

also there's a new freezing fix on HTC's website which fixes an annoying bug

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but as I now have one of these I thought I'd add my input.

Just as Sanj has explained, out of the box and untweaked, the HTC Touch HD is a little rough around the edges compaired to a iPhone. However, once tweaked and with a few apps installed it really starts to shine.

Some of my favourite apps so far...

Slide2Unlock2 (doesn't really need explaining) - http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/
    Gyrator2 (rotate most apps) - http://gyrator.brins0.net/
    HDTweak (loads of hidden registry tweaks) - http://montecristoff.webs.com/
    TouchReponse (vibrate for every screentap) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

It comes with a decent Screen Protector in the box (although I haven't put it on yet. I never seem to get them right).

All I need now is a decent case for it. There are a few coming out in the next few weeks by the looks of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would defiantly recommend a case..this thing gets chipped/scratched easily. Theres been alot of progress on the touch HD.
    Android development is slowly getting there, cooked roms are coming out all the time now. The biggest release so far is a rom which embeds flash files, youtube+streaming media into both IE and Opera.

Tomtom on this is nice, shows the beauty of this thing however putting in postcodes (because of the high res) is a bit of the pain, the buttons are tiny so i have to use the stylus..

But apart from that i love this fucking thing

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    Tomtom on this is nice, shows the beauty of this thing however putting in postcodes (because of the high res) is a bit of the pain, the buttons are tiny so i have to use the stylus..
    What version of Tomtom do you have running?

Thanks
    bub

Thanks
    Karma Level

got mine at the weekend, after a long history of HTC phones. Quite impressed so far!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    What version of Tomtom do you have running?

Thanks
    bub
    7 mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seriously considering this phone. Thanks for your opinions so far. How good is the battery life on it? Quite dependant on currently turned on features I imagine. i.e wifi etc.

mob****co.uk have a good offer on O2 at the mo which i'm probably going to go for (gets me a discount on the broadband since thats O2 as well).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by nitelife View Post
    Seriously considering this phone. Thanks for your opinions so far. How good is the battery life on it? Quite dependant on currently turned on features I imagine. i.e wifi etc.

mob****co.uk have a good offer on O2 at the mo which i'm probably going to go for (gets me a discount on the broadband since thats O2 as well).
    Just a quick note, I have the touch hd on order from mobiles and although they show limited stock they don't have any. I ordered last 7 days ago and go told there is a queue and would have to wait. Bit pissed really as limited stock leads you to believe they actually have some.

It does look like a good phone will let you know if it ever arrives.

Sully

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a quick note, I have the touch hd on order from mobiles and although they show limited stock they don't have any. I ordered last 7 days ago and go told there is a queue and would have to wait. Bit pissed really as limited stock leads you to believe they actually have some.

Sully
    Damit.

Just shot them off an email asking if they have any. Tried ringing but no answer - hope thats not indicative!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got this via email

"Unfortunately we are still waiting for a delivery, we are expectingthem hopefully by the end of this week."

So looks like I am still waiting for my new shiny phone

Sully

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sully
    Just got this via email

"Unfortunately we are still waiting for a delivery, we are expectingthem hopefully by the end of this week."

So looks like I am still waiting for my new shiny phone

Sully
    Ive heard nothing but bad things about mobiles.co.uk (read the xda forums) all related to this phone lol

Do you yourself a favor and do what I did and go down the expansys route..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast