Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Teachers accused of checking underwear to ensure the right colour are being worn

Teachers accused of checking pupils' underwear to make they are wearing the right colour bras and pants

Kings School headmistress: Susan Lawrence pictured on its website

A row erupted today over claims that teachers were checking pupils' underwear to make sure they comply with a new school uniform policy.
    Parents said their children were told what colour pants and bras they can wear and teachers were doing 'spot checks' under the new rules introduced at Kings School in Winchester.
    Staff at the mixed 11 to 16-year-old comprehensive dismissed the claims and said they only issued guidance on what was appropriate to wear.
    But parents said it was 'ridiculous' and an invasion of their children's privacy.

The boys were told to wear white or black underpants and a belt if needed to stop their trousers hanging low, in line with fashion, and exposing their underwear.
    Girls were told to wear white or light-coloured, unpadded bras underneath their blouses.
    Stuart Gander's two daughters 15-year-old Chelsea Hay and 13-year-old Kirby Moore were told at a girls' assembly that coloured bras were 'offensive'.
    The 35-year-old foreman from Winchester said: 'They were told they had to wear white ones or very light pale bras and they would be spot checked.
    'It's just a case of the girls putting out their bra strap and them having a look.
    'It's obviously caused a bit of upset. Friends of mine have sons at the school and two days later they had an assembly about boxer shorts.'
    He added: 'It's just ridiculous. Parents I have spoken to are annoyed by it. The kids feel it's an invasion of their privacy.
    'You wouldn't be able to do that in a work place so why should you be able to do that at school?'

Leanne Hosking, who has three children aged 14, 13 and 11 at the school, said her elder daughter did not like male teachers turning her around and checking her bra.

The school's crest and moto
    The latest dispute comes just a week after Kirby Moore was told she would be taught in isolation at Kings after she dyed her hair a darker shade of brown while her sister, Chelsea Hay, who dyed her hair a lighter shade, was not disciplined by the school.
    A spokeswoman for the school said: 'The assembly was to bring to the attention of Year 10 girls what is appropriate dress for the working environment, preparing them for work experience.
    'There is no rule, we are not checking underwear. We are not checking girls' bra straps and we have certainly not had an assembly with any of the boys telling them what colour underwear to wear.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ras-pants.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Teachers accused of checking underwear to ensure the right colour are being worn

I was half expecting to read Gary Glitter was employed there.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Teachers accused of checking underwear to ensure the right colour are being worn

I've seen some right slutty girls in the workplace so that argument doesn't stand up. I just hope the female teachers are following the rule too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

there is some right slut bags about but thats takes the pee

Thanks
    Karma Level

This seems like an attention grabbing overhyped story to me.

Imho, underwear should be underwear and shouldn't be visible over/through regular garments. Birds with bright red bras for example that show straight through a virtually see through white shirt look sluttish, and blokes with trousers hanging round their ankles to show off their boxers look like rejects from a hip hip video. Neither should have a place in schools I reckon.

Not saying birds should be totally banned from showing clevage for example, but their is a time and place (and in this example an age) for everything.

Thanks
    Karma Level

susan could cheak my panties any time

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i am volunteering to do any checking for any all girls schools
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B B Leo View Post
    i am volunteering to do any checking for any all girls schools
    I'd double think that if I were you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    I'd double think that if I were you.

fuck it..lol,....the double standard media makes noncing over schoolgirls perfectly acceptable.

one minute they're promoting XXX slut in school outfit & pigtails to men over 30, next they're crying cos a fucking schoolgirl got assaulted.

anyway, in regards to op, I agree... underwear which stands out is enticing to the opposite sex. and has no place in school.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

think he means sixth form. :emot59:
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's an absolute disgrace that they go checking underwear by any means beyond noticing it through clothes, since if its not obvious enough to be noticed then it can't be causing a problem. If they have to check then that's just stupid.

I do know a girl who got taken up to the bosses office at her job (was in a clothes shop i think) for wearing a brightly coloured bra under their slightly see-through uniform so the argument that it doesn't happen at work doesn't really hold.

At my school we never had a uniform, and the schools aren't really allowed to force the wearing of them in Scotland anyway. That's how it should be in my opinion - I have nothing against uniforms and would have happily worn one but they are totally pointless in a school environment. Good so you know who's staff and who's not in Tesco, bad for pointlessly pissing off children.

This reeks of sensationalist journalism and gossip too - from the sounds of things a fairly innocent piece of advice from the school has been taken to mean all children will be lined up and inspected in the style of Snow White ensuring the dwarfs had washed their hands. Parents are far too quick to side with their children instead of the school these days and seem to be making a big fuss over what is actually really nothing.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

For once the daily mail has got a story right
    slightlly nsfw
    Spoiler:

W.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    I was half expecting to read Gary Glitter was employed there.

pmsl

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waka View Post
    For once the daily mail has got a story right
    slightlly nsfw
    Spoiler:

W.

Thanks
    Karma Level

At my old school in Dundee people were often sent home for not wearing a proper uniform. I think everyone in every school should be made to wear uniform and have permission to customize it to an extent. I think uniform is important. It puts everyone at the same level, so people don't think they are better than each other. It's also a safety feature in schools. Personalizing it shows individuality and creativity. That's how I think it should be.