Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Steroid injection

I've injured my right shoulder and need it back on track ASAP because I have to get very fit by October 1st. A doctor has said that he can give me a steroid injection to speed up the healing process. Obviously he's ok'd is so it's technically fine to have it done but I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this and if there are any downsides that people know about from experience. Thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Steroid injection

Dont take injections to speed recovery mate it does your body no good at all, your body needs time to recover naturally.
    didn't the injections used to be called cortisone injections but now they use the term steroid injections to make them sound more friendly as the term cortisone got a bad rep.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK cheers mate. It's a tough call because it's not getting better. If I don't take it I don't feel like I will be able to get enough time in the gym before October 1st. August is going to be extremely hard for me to train properly so I wanted to start now

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm booked in for one of these in my heel & I was going to post up a thread like this asking for advice.

My heel has given me an awful amount of pain since march when I switched jobs & am on my feet 8.5 hours a shift on concrete. I went to the docs with foot pain from it & he gave me diclofenac. When the heel pain started I thought I'd give it time to remedy itself but it's just not gone away. I walked back from the pub last night & today I can harldy walk because of my left heel. It was only a mile walk. I've been like this every day after work, been off work last week on holiday so the pain had subsided a bit until this morning.

Anyway I'll let you know the effects of the injection. I am willing for it to happen just so I can get some normality back into my walking. My mate had it done & said it's painful at the time but he's better now.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Had this done today in a very sensitive part of my foot. Very painful when the needle was pushed into my heel in three stages to get enough depth. Imagine going through the hard skin at the base of the heel trying to reach the soft tissue near the bone. It really did smart a bit.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Had this done today in a very sensitive part of my foot. Very painful when the needle was pushed into my heel in three stages to get enough depth. Imagine going through the hard skin at the base of the heel trying to reach the soft tissue near the bone. It really did smart a bit.
    My pal got that done a few years back(football related injury) tears were running down his face as he blubbed like a baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had this done in my right shoulder a few years back after straining tendons and muscles after training, It does have a pretty much immidiate effect, long term though I'm not so sure still get occasional pains in the shoulder to this day however this is probably just the effects of training. Did sting a little when it was done though you can feel it right in the amongst the ball joint.... Nice....

Thanks
    Karma Level

So my shoulder has improved slightly since then... I have a full range of movement and don't 'twinge' it (making it worse) every few days. However, I've literally not been using it for anything mildly intensive, not even lifting bags or propping myself up with it. As a result it is horribly weak. It also fatigues very easily. I can't see a doctor because I'm travelling at the minute, though it was confirmed before I left that there was no tear. Can anyone recommend any physio as I don't know which sites to trust out of the ones I've found? Thanks.