Close

Thread: COD 5 On Vetran

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 COD 5 On Vetran

Anyone here playing the solo game of COD 5 on vetran as the only other person I know on the forums doing it is is I Black Belt
    I'm on 'Relentless' at the moment but finding the whole game a lot more difficult that COD 4 on vetran

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: COD 5 On Vetran

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Anyone here playing the solo game of COD 5 on vetran as the only other person I know on the forums doing it is is I Black Belt
    I'm on 'Relentless' at the moment but finding the whole game a lot more difficult that COD 4 on vetran
    Mine is still sealed in the cupboard, it is coming out this week though and no doubt I will try it on Veteran.

Got a PS3, so been having a pop at that and when I've only had a half hour spare I have been playing footy.

Definitely going to open it this week, will update when I do.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LFC Muppet View Post
    Mine is still sealed in the cupboard, it is coming out this week though and no doubt I will try it on Veteran.

Got a PS3, so been having a pop at that and when I've only had a half hour spare I have been playing footy.

Definitely going to open it this week, will update when I do.
    Thats one long ass way to say "No"

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

tried it and gave up after an hour

i thought it was very hard

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah I've got through most of it, and it's a nightmare. It starts off ok, and just gets harder.

i think i got through relentless through luck than skill. Are you stuck at the beginning bit?

I went up the middle and chucked a couple of smoke grenades and made a run for it. got half way up and headed left. Then look to the right and take some people out. You should get a checkpoint here.

I didn't even bother trying "blowtorch and corkscrew" as it was a nightmare on hardened, but I'm currently stuck on the 2nd to last mission.
    Last edited by willp2003; 24th November 2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Karma Level

vets the only way to play it i thought? am doing it but only on the sniper mission so far my friend is few more missions on from there (we work out of hours and he was swearing it head off last night at it lol ) he said it was harder then cod4 (i am stuck on that right near the end when your trying to stop the missile at the bottom of the stairs lol )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by willp2003 View Post
    i think i got through relentless through luck than skill. Are you stuck at the beginning bit?
    No not stuck on it, took quite a long time to get through the first bit and am at a checkpoint taking out the second base.
    I have been stuck for a while on a couple of bits but I do find the checkpoints are unpredictable sometimes, I normally play it online while chatting to I Black Belt as he's playing at the same time although he isn't as patient as me, it's really a good job it's a headset mic as I haven't even heard of some of the sear words he comes up with and don't get me started on his poor sense of direction I just hope one day they come out with a game that has a guide dog for co-op then I won't have to keep going back to help him find the way.

Still enjoying it and keeping with it even managing to talk I Black Belt out of quitting and going to an easier level of play a few times as he does tend to give up a bit easy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

you should have heard me when i got stuck on "burn em out" trying to get to the last mortar pit. I'd swapped my flamethrower for a shotty and it must have taken about 50+ goes to get through it.

the most annoying thing about COD5 is the endless, highly accurate grenades that you seem to get showered with constantly

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah the use of grenades is way over the top that and the endless spawn of the enemy until you move forward on every level are the most annoying things for me with it but I guess that's what also makes it fun

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah im doing it on veteran! is very hard i just got to the subway part. I do concur about the grenades. on the burn them out level has been the hardest part for me.
    going in to the tunnels it think it was

I think i got 5 grenades thrown at me.. threw them all back thanks god.. but it is a rush.. and got to say its harder than cod4.

I am loving it though a great sense of achievement after is checkpoint never mind level.. I also have found one death card

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    I am loving it though a great sense of achievement after is checkpoint never mind level.. I also have found one death card
    Yeah your right I am playing a session now just to get to the next checkpoint then having a break.
    I think there is only one Death Card on the solo game the rest are in the co-op as I have them all

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i think you can get the death cards in solo or co-op modes. I'm missing just one (i think), but I know where it is.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the first one i found was on the flame tank level? prob missed loads. I did get the achievement for the sniper level though shoot the men and dog without reloading once

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Yeah your right I am playing a session now just to get to the next checkpoint then having a break.
    I think there is only one Death Card on the solo game the rest are in the co-op as I have them all
    Yeah i have to say a big thanks to BB. without his constant support, patience and assistance i'd never have got as far as i have in this game

Spoiler:
    And if you believe anything that comes out of BB's mouth, then you're dafter than I thought

You've also got the death card thing arse about face. - surprise surprise lol.
    All the cards are available in co-op, except one which is in solo only, the sniper mission.

Guide here:
    http://www.gamesradar.com/f/call-of-...11153124453030

and for the record, it's a cunt of a game. The hardest by far yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

i havnt got this yet as i have gow2, gow2 imo is a wicked game, im gonna wait to finish this before i get cod5.

is the co-op good on it, is it 4 player co-op
    Signature Removed: Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found this eiaser than cod 4 on hardest level. Done COD5 all the way on vetran and got all 13 death cards. where as on COD4 could never do the final part of the sniper level. only got 6 achievements left to do 2 of them are the prestige secret ones

Social Networking Bookmarks