Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Is Britain Going Bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFU View Post
    Are you saying you are going to vote in a govt who let this happen rather than doing something to put the brakes on while it was possible? then move to china and let others pay for your ignorance, top boy
    I'll vote for a party with answers, not for a party who hasn't got a clue and who uses the situation to score party political points. Let's be honest, until the credit crunch came along the Tories had no chance of being the next elected government.

They are pinning their hopes on the nation suffering for the next 18 months, because if we don't they'll shit out.

Not sure what the 'top boy' is referring to though, just makes you sound like a twat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

no personal insults in here CJ, rules are roolz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tam9 View Post
    no personal insults in here CJ, rules are roolz
    When VIP becomes MOD I might take notice......

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think part of the solution would have been to pay all our mortgages off rather than bail the twatting banks out!! Isn't it wrong that when a bank goes under your savings are wiped out but not your debts........

I heard the other day that bankers are forefitting their bonuses this xmas! I should fucking hope so!! They maybe scapegoats but I hate the twats for more reasons than just the credit crunch.

As for fucking off overseas, Australia is pretty much debt free. They spent years paying off their debts to avoid such gloom as we are all experiencing (with more to come) right now.

G'day mates!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    When VIP becomes MOD I might take notice......
    That is no way to speak to a future mod. your fsckin card is marked boyo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    As for fucking off overseas, Australia is pretty much debt free. They spent years paying off their debts to avoid such gloom as we are all experiencing (with more to come) right now.

G'day mates!

What's the state of affairs in Canada? or maybe New Zealand?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Canada has oil and gold reserves and is debt free as is NZ relatively speaking,its also one of the reasons we now see Spanish Banks buying UK banks, as their own laws prohibited them from dealing in derivatives, ie CDO's.

As I see it , it can go one of two ways,
    First way, pound get devalued so much that Government bonds are worthless , US Dollar devalues due to them printing so much of the stuff and not being able to service the huge debts they have, and it affects the UK leading us into something like the Great Depression and the UK joins the Euro and hands over the keys to Brussels

Or there is a big turnaround and we end up paying back the huge debts being racked up and in about 10-15 year time the same thing happens
    Whilst bond trading ,derivatives trading e.t.c goes on the Government are at the Mercy of the markets

tell you what Orwell was spot on with 1984 with the different sides winning and history being changed to suit the situation
    Reading various places , there have been at least 6 big drops in the markets over the years and wars have been involved in almost all of them.

China is busy doing deals in Africa and Cuba, for commodities , and soon they too will want even more oil, these places will replace the US for places that China can sell its goods too

Meantime the US still wants to be the big dog but doesnt have the cash , neither does the Uk , maybe I'm just being to pessimistic (I'm an optimist by nature) but with all the crap flying around you can't help but wonder.

I can't put my finger on it but it's like knowing there is a big thunder storm on the way and it will either be a ruck between the big dogs , or a war started , or The dollar collapses and china has so many dollars the come calling for their security

anyone watch the series on CH4 called the Ascent of Money , worth a watch
    http://www.channel4.com/video/brandl...scent-of-money

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pumpman View Post
    Canada has oil and gold reserves and is debt free as is NZ relatively speaking,its also one of the reasons we now see Spanish Banks buying UK banks, as their own laws prohibited them from dealing in derivatives, ie CDO's.

As I see it , it can go one of two ways,
    First way, pound get devalued so much that Government bonds are worthless , US Dollar devalues due to them printing so much of the stuff and not being able to service the huge debts they have, and it affects the UK leading us into something like the Great Depression and the UK joins the Euro and hands over the keys to Brussels

Or there is a big turnaround and we end up paying back the huge debts being racked up and in about 10-15 year time the same thing happens
    Whilst bond trading ,derivatives trading e.t.c goes on the Government are at the Mercy of the markets

tell you what Orwell was spot on with 1984 with the different sides winning and history being changed to suit the situation
    Reading various places , there have been at least 6 big drops in the markets over the years and wars have been involved in almost all of them.

China is busy doing deals in Africa and Cuba, for commodities , and soon they too will want even more oil, these places will replace the US for places that China can sell its goods too

Meantime the US still wants to be the big dog but doesnt have the cash , neither does the Uk , maybe I'm just being to pessimistic (I'm an optimist by nature) but with all the crap flying around you can't help but wonder.

I can't put my finger on it but it's like knowing there is a big thunder storm on the way and it will either be a ruck between the big dogs , or a war started , or The dollar collapses and china has so many dollars the come calling for their security

anyone watch the series on CH4 called the Ascent of Money , worth a watch
    http://www.channel4.com/video/brandl...scent-of-money
    That's my biggest concern. I think there's a huge war looming. The USA spends more on defence than any other nation and they're not going to take any shift of power lying down. I, for one, hope they unleash some of that power on the pretender.

The US don't hold the biggest Nuclear arsenal for nothing. I hope we see it unleashed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's my biggest concern. I think there's a huge war looming. The USA spends more on defence than any other nation and they're not going to take any shift of power lying down. I, for one, hope they unleash some of that power on the pretender.

Can only agree with that... Aren't we well over due a massive world conflict?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got fuck all to do with Labour, our national debt has been growing for decades. Once we became too rich, we lost our manfacturing base and we bagged ourselves a trade deficit. Then we were always on to a loser. Doesn't matter who is in power, it's all the way to the poorhouse for us and I doubt I'll stick around for that.

Anyone who has the means to get mobile should be looking at it as a long term plan. Europe will be the new 3rd World, in 100 years the Chinese equivilant to Bono will go on TV to urge his fellow citizens to take to the streets to demonstrate in an effort to get the Government to wipe out debt owed by Europe and the USA. That's how bad it's gonna get.....
    They'll be doing a Chinese Band aid song to raise money for us.

" Feeeeeeeeeeed the Blits do they know its the year of the dog at all ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post

Haha
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    They'll be doing a Chinese Band aid song to raise money for us.

You too, as a future mod i'd appreciate you stuck to the section roolz every so often.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    What's the state of affairs in Canada? or maybe New Zealand?
    I think Australia is the more attractive option though
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

What is the taxation like?
    Income tax is extremely low. I pay something like 25% and I could probably get it down to 20% if I left the City and lived out in the countryside (taxation is regional, not national). Of that 25%, 1% is mandatory unemployment insurance so if you're ever made redundant the state will give you 80% of your salary for 6 months, then 70% for the following 6 months. They also pay for re-training etc.., whatever it takes to get you back to work. Basically Switzerland is like Scandanavia without the high taxes.

My cousin had to base his new business in Geneva after his application for a business licence in Monaco fell through (despite that fact he has residency & therefore Monegasque status).

He commutes to Geneva and describes it as very bland and boring which doesn't appeal to me. That said he is a complete hedonist who has lived all over the world and so his standards of entertainment are quite high.
    To be honest I'm not surprised. Geneva is a very expensive and false place where every second person works for the UN or some other worthy cause plus its crammed full of British yuppies.. seriously, I'd avoid Geneva like the plague. Zurich, Lausanne, Berne, Ticino and Basel are a lot better.. Ticino is only 30 mins from Milan and Basel shares a border with both France and Germany.

Overall though, Swiss cities cannot compete with the likes of London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid etc.. for night life. That much is true, however if you're into the great outdoors, skiing, rollerblading, hiking etc.. that you will find here in spades. Another thing you see here which you never see back home is little 7yo kids walking unaccompanied to school, or TomTom devices being left in cars overnight. My dad visited some time back and described it as Great Britain circa 40 years ago.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    To be honest I'm not surprised. Geneva is a very expensive and false place where every second person works for the UN or some other worthy cause plus its crammed full of British yuppies.. seriously, I'd avoid Geneva like the plague. Zurich, Lausanne, Berne, Ticino and Basel are a lot better.. Ticino is only 30 mins from Milan and Basel shares a border with both France and Germany.
    Thanks for the info, will have a look into it, although it's early days for me to think about relocating just yet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks GTI, my preferred location had always been France, but in recent years I've considered Canada and New Zealand. Having read your posts and investigated a little further, Switzerland is looking very attractive, especially the close proximity to the UK.

How do they view natural healthcare as opposed to your lot?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks GTI, my preferred location had always been France, but in recent years I've considered Canada and New Zealand. Having read your posts and investigated a little further, Switzerland is looking very attractive, especially the close proximity to the UK.

How do they view natural healthcare as opposed to your lot?
    A little light reading for you?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The US don't hold the biggest Nuclear arsenal for nothing. I hope we see it unleashed.
    Anyone looked at the plan for a new american century? I remember my little sister showed me the website ages ago. I instantly dismissed it as a bunch of crackpots until my sister pointed out the members page, many key figures were also key figures of the bush administration.

Like I often say in these kind of posts, I may not know loads about the subject matter but I know enough to know that something is seriously wrong. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I feel like most recent global economic (as well as other) events are all being controlled by a group of people for the advantage, or possibly even to settle a score or even amusement.

Haven't got a clue who or why, but things seem to get fishyier by the day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's quite enlightening. Obviously Switzerland is now off the menu........

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be leaving the UK for asia next year, looking at the current foreign exchange rates I can only hope we get a tiny boost before I go 138 yen to the pound. Jesus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast