Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. #1
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1126

    Default CONSOLE game of the year?

    Just interested in knowing what DF'ers think is the console game of the year. No, not just xbox, but PS3, DS, PSP, Wii - any console. No PC games - you lot are a different breed to us console gamers

    For me, my game of the year is FIFA 09. I really wasn't expecting it to be this good, and I've put in a hell of a lot of hours on it already. The 10vs10 is a sign of things to come with sport games, and I find myself already looking forward to FIFA 10! The other big game for me this year was Mario Kart Wii - the addition of the wheels (wii'ls?) was revolutionary, a simple bit of moulded plastic and the game play want through the stratosphere.

    Any other contenders?

  2. #2
    DF PwNagE LFC Muppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In my Wife
    Posts
    6,190
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    598

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    COD 4 is by far the best game ever.

    Done so much this year with the game - leagues, 1v1, big team games. But with other good games coming out COD 4 has gone on the back burner and Fifa 09 has taken up most of my time the past month and a half.

    But COD 4 still shades it as My best game of this year.

  3. #3
    DF Jedi tronads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blackpool
    Posts
    2,473
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked:        235
    Karma Level
    296

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2.
    One of the best games I have played in my entire life, never mind just this year !

  4. #4
    DF PlaYa krooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    CYM
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    257

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Muppet View Post
    COD 4 is by far the best game ever.

    Done so much this year with the game - leagues, 1v1, big team games. But with other good games coming out COD 4 has gone on the back burner and Fifa 09 has taken up most of my time the past month and a half.

    But COD 4 still shades it as My best game of this year.

    tho it came out in 2007!

  5. #5
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    595

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    id prob say cod 5 for me. the most intense single player game i have played..

  6. #6
    DF Super Moderator
    evilsatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    19,957
    Thanks
    1,095
    Thanked:        3,188
    Karma Level
    1539

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    GOW2 although it doesn't deserve it like the first one did. No games have been unmissable this year IMO.


  7. #7
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here. One of the games that got a lot of time from me this year was Boom Blox on the Wii!!

    Nice game with some tricky puzzles.

  8. #8
    DF Jedi Billhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,612
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked:        13
    Karma Level
    246

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    My game of the year is Metal Gear Solid 4 without a doubt. But overall this year has been really good for games with titles such as Grand Theft Auto IV, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Fallout 3, FIFA 09, Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Resistance 2. I look forward to 2009.

  9. #9
    DF PwNagE LFC Muppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In my Wife
    Posts
    6,190
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    598

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by krooks View Post
    tho it came out in 2007!
    I know that, but it has still been my best game this year

  10. #10
    DF PwNagE SiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    My comfy sofa
    Posts
    7,207
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked:        406
    Karma Level
    773

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    1st Mario Kart wii
    2nd Gears 2
    3rd Battlefield Bad Company

  11. #11
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1126

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here. One of the games that got a lot of time from me this year was Boom Blox on the Wii!!

    Nice game with some tricky puzzles.
    Agreed, forgot about that one! Me & the misses enjoyed playing that one together!

  12. #12
    DF Jedi raelmadrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    4,560
    Thanks
    818
    Thanked:        701
    Karma Level
    538

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    my horse and me 2

  13. #13
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ARKILLA.UK View Post
    my horse and me 2
    Come on, we said games not other halfs or I suppose it could mean your shlong lol

  14. #14
    Banned russbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ormskirk, NW
    Posts
    9,622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Dead Space impressed me no end. That gets my vote.

  15. #15
    DF PlaYa mr_fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Coleshill
    Posts
    859
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked:        118
    Karma Level
    206

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Just interested in knowing what DF'ers think is the console game of the year. No, not just xbox, but PS3, DS, PSP, Wii - any console. No PC games - you lot are a different breed to us console gamers

    For me, my game of the year is FIFA 09. I really wasn't expecting it to be this good, and I've put in a hell of a lot of hours on it already. The 10vs10 is a sign of things to come with sport games, and I find myself already looking forward to FIFA 10! The other big game for me this year was Mario Kart Wii - the addition of the wheels (wii'ls?) was revolutionary, a simple bit of moulded plastic and the game play want through the stratosphere.

    Any other contenders?
    Im with you on your suggestions I was looking forward to GTA IV but was dissapointed, GEARS 2 looks great but im saving it till i get through some other stuff and rock band2/guitar hero world tour are up their.

  16. #16
    DF MaSter jesste66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked:        4
    Karma Level
    147

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    got to be dead space xbox360 played none stop

  17. #17
    DF Jedi Fearless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,392
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked:        30
    Karma Level
    399

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    FIFA 09 i cant put it down

  18. #18
    DF PlaYa Fergie73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Kilbride
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked:        60
    Karma Level
    167

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Far Cry 2 for me
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  19. #19
    DF Jedi 2die4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK & Sweden
    Posts
    2,086
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    383

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Been plenty of good games this year - especially in the last few months. The big franchises haven't disappointed but for me, game of the year is undoubtly Fallout 3 on Xbox 360. It plays like a FPS but with RPG elements. It might have a few glitches but the map is massive and the attention to detail is amazing. A complete immersive experience where every thing you do has a consequence one way or another.

    I dedicated nigh of 50 hours of game play to Fallout 3 from start to finish and know there is plenty left in the game as I ended up ignoring a few side missions.

    I never really Oblivion or really played the previous Fallout games before but Falliut 3 just blew me away.

  20. #20
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: CONSOLE game of the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    Been plenty of good games this year - especially in the last few months. The big franchises haven't disappointed but for me, game of the year is undoubtly Fallout 3 on Xbox 360. It plays like a FPS but with RPG elements. It might have a few glitches but the map is massive and the attention to detail is amazing. A complete immersive experience where every thing you do has a consequence one way or another.

    I dedicated nigh of 50 hours of game play to Fallout 3 from start to finish and know there is plenty left in the game as I ended up ignoring a few side missions.

    I never really Oblivion or really played the previous Fallout games before but Falliut 3 just blew me away.

    I have been waiting for someone to mention this. I have been considering it rather than COD5.... I won't be getting either until the Orange Box is complete but next is one of either Fallout 3 or COD5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Amazon developing Android console to release this year (Rumor)
    By Bald Bouncer in forum Android Phones & Tablets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th August 2013, 07:33 PM
  2. A mates console and game collection
    By AxE in forum Old Skool Gaming & Retro
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 27th November 2009, 11:37 PM
  3. FS: £130 Game Bift Card *Looking to buy a console??*
    By Scottio200 in forum Buy, Sell and Trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 3rd May 2007, 12:00 PM
  4. console needs update before you can play this game
    By bamboosh in forum Microsoft Consoles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th June 2006, 01:01 PM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •