David, Timmy plot pop comeback

Thursday, November 27 2008, 00:02 GMT
By Michael Thornton
Rex Features

I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! contestants David Van Day and Timmy Mallet are planning a pop comeback.

David enjoyed success in 1970s band Dollar, while Timmy reached number one with 'Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini' in 1990.

The pair now believe that they can storm the charts once more with a song they have written called 'Biff, Baff, Boff'. "We've got to see the response to 'Biff Baff Boff'. I've got loads of ideas if it does come through," David said.

"We can easily write [lines like]: 'Rice and beans, rice and beans rice and beans'. Nice little lines like that. I can think of things like that but I think they're probably saved now for the end. Unless they're going to give us some percussiony things. It'll be dead easy."

Timmy added: "I'm really glad we did that song. That'll be on YouTube tonight."

They also spoke about collaborating with other musicians on the track, with Timmy dismissing Brian May for being "too old".

"You want someone young and funky and happening now. I was going to say Madonna but she's in the thralls of divorce so you don't want her involved in it," he said.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/celebrit...-comeback.html