Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Kung Fu Panda Director John Stevenson Taking On He-Man?!

I actually think this will be quite good...

Woops! It looks like Grayskull: The Masters of the Universe isn't as dead in the water as we first thought. Our friends at Latino Review picked up another scoop saying that the film is very much alive and well at Warner Brothers due in thanks to John Stevenson, who might yet direct this live-action version of He-Man. Who is he? His only official directing credit is Kung Fu Panda (which he shared with Mark Osborne), although he does have an extensive background in storyboard art and animation previously. He apparently gave a presentation to the execs at Warner Brothers as well as Joel Silver that impressed the hell out of them. Is Stevenson really the right guy to bring us a live-action He-Man movie? I'm not too sure…

In October, we ran an article saying that the He-Man movie, titled Grayskull: The Masters of the Universe, was pretty much dead for the time being because Warner Brothers didn't get the idea. Before that, we ran an article looking at El Mayimbe's review of Justin Marks' script, which was reportedly a "fanboy masterpiece." It sounded like this could potentially turn out pretty awesome in the end, especially for those who are fans of the He-Man universe, which is why I was hoping it would be greenlit. Now with Stevenson potentially directing, I'm still a bit hesitant. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that can actually make a great high concept action movie - at least not yet. Maybe he'll direct a few other projects first?
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kung Fu Panda Director John Stevenson Taking On He-Man?!

Very intreasting, really did like He-man as a kid... but i expect those rose tinted specs of mine might have something to do with it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anything has to be better than dolph lundgren that was terrible. Strange what you watch when you were young and thought was fantastic I used to love Knight rider and seen a replay on Bravo I think absoloute pants.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know what you mean. I watched Airwolf the other night, and it was terrible. It was dubbed as well!
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.