Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Weird How the season is shaping up

So, how weird is the Premier League this season! We have Liverpool top of the league, despite 3 scoreless home draws against relegation fodder. We have Chelsea losing 2 home games under Scolari compared to none the previous 4 seasons. Arsenal are beating the good teams (Chelsea, United) and losing to the shit teams (Hull). United can't get a decent result away from home, but are very solid at home - yet somehow would only be 3 points behind the leaders if they win their (home) game in hand against Fulham, having played all the other top 5 sides away. We have Hull in the top 6 and three teams with huge budgets staring at the bottom of the table - Citeh, Spurs and Newcastle. Teams are going from the bottom to mid-table with a small winning streak (Bolton). Everyone is beating everyone else! Yes, the top 4 does have its usual look, and realistically only Villa can challenge that, but shit, its shaping up to be the closest Premier League season of all time. Bring it on

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How the season is shaping up

This season sucks.

Any season with Liverpool at the top at any time, makes me physically ill.

If there is any justice in this world, then the FA will deduct points off them just for being Liverpool.

Cunts.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    This season sucks.

If there is any justice in this world, then the FA will deduct points off them just for being Liverpool.

Cunts.
    I do tend to agree. 23 games to go, but still I am worried somehow they will draw themselves to the title. There is not a single team I would not rather win the league than Liverpool. In fact, I think I'd trade the next 10 titles to Chelsea if it meant Liverpool not winning

Thanks
    Karma Level

this thread started great, cracking commentary on the state of play atm

the was reduced to stupidity.......................... another reason I rarely venture into the footie area........ shame

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by baronvon View Post

the was reduced to stupidity.......................... another reason I rarely venture into the footie area........ shame

THE BARON
    Bless.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    This season sucks.

Better get used to it

Thanks
    Karma Level

We have weird seasons every other year but nobody seems to remember them.

It's still a two horse race though United and Chelsea have never been known for constantly winning they've been known for getting the best results over the longer period and Chelsea have been known for prouducing most consistently as well.

It's not about winning one or two matches all teams slip up it's about having the depth and class to sustain consistency throughout games. Last year United started off with a furious pace and dropped from the table burning out but luckily made it back to the top.

United and Chelsea have the advantage in that they have many match winners they can alternate to win games week in, week out and collect points on a consistent basis. Liverpool and Arsenal don't have that so it's unlikely they will challenge for the title in the end.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    Better get used to it
    Better get used to what? liverpool having a good spell but then collapsing like they have done for the last 18 years, well I hve been used to that, just this time our taking longer than normal but dont worry you lot will collapse soon and united come cruising past you as it is tradition since the premiership started where from january onwards united hardly drop any points

Thanks
    Karma Level

THE BARON
    this is so true and another reason why i hardly bother with this forum because of all the braindead skank in here!

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    Better get used to what? liverpool having a good spell but then collapsing like they have done for the last 18 years, well I hve been used to that, just this time our taking longer than normal but dont worry you lot will collapse soon and united come cruising past you as it is tradition since the premiership started where from january onwards united hardly drop any points

Traditionally Liverpool always do well in the second part of the season. Its the first part they always seem to fook up on. Usually out of the race by November but here we are sitting at the top in December. If it wasnt for our form in the second half of the season we would have failed to qualify for the CL countless times in previous seasons. Just up to Liverpool now to follow tradition

Thanks
    Karma Level

For the last five seasons Liverpool have had, with two exceptions, only a marginally better second half to the season, last year it was 37/39 1st half/2nd half, then 37/33, 40/42, 34/24 and 26/34.They currently have 34 points with 5 games to go this year. I think Man Yoo are better in the second half, but Liverpool have a 3 win cushion going into the Christmas period. I'm pretty sure we can disount Arsenal now but Chelsea could still do some damage. The remaining games between the three will decide who wins the title, but we mustn't forget the damage teams like Hull can, and have done.
    From my neutral point, this is looking like a good season now.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao Re: How the season is shaping up

THE BARON
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderxine View Post
    this is so true and another reason why i hardly bother with this forum because of all the braindead skank in here!
    Hey you know what they say........if you cant take the heat then fuck off out of the kitchen, this forums is and always will be a ground for slagging you scousers off, now your temporarily at the top of the prem table its just more reason to fuck you's over!!

On a serious note its just a football forum none of its real its all about banter and cameraderie you need to get out a bit more if it upsets you enough to make you not want to visit this section!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by xanderxine View Post

you have been a member for 2 months ffs! alot of us have been here for years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

touche!

Thanks
    Karma Level

It could have been a lot better for us!!

If someone offered me 10th now id probably snatch their hand off for it after the dire dire start we had........... Our squad is nowhere near strong enough as it was last season and we have gone backwards in terms of scoring goals and haven't seemed to have done anything about letting them in at the back other than Gomes who i think will come good provided he is given the chance which i unfortunately don't think he will be.

Still if we beat Watford tonight and then draw Derby in the Semi Finals of the Carling Cup im sure that would make up for a bad start, And i don't care what anyone says........... EVERY team in football wants to win a major trophy and any supporter that says they are happy to not be in the competition any more is either a liar or an incredibly sore loser, Its a great route in to Europe and can boost the confidence and experience of players hugely.

Its a long haul and we are still dangerously poised at the bottom but i still see a top half finish achievable, and despite what Modric says 5th couldn't be further away from us this season if we wanted it to be!

COYS

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

with Liverpool and Chelsea dropping points and Man Utd plodding along picking up results i do feel it will be the closest season ever..

Not saying Liverpool will win the league this season but feel we have a much better chance of winning this season compared to the previous 18.

As a liverpool fan i feel we have had a gr8 start and we are top for the time being but we need to take each game as it comes and see where we are late March

My gut feeling is though we will drop points and start to full down the table as not consistent enough, draw to hull/fulham/west ham @ home is a fookin joke, we should be five points clear to b honest, never seem to take advantage of the chances we have..

Roll on May when season is over to see where we are....fingers crossed TOP

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
    with Liverpool and Chelsea dropping points and Man Utd plodding along picking up results i do feel it will be the closest season ever..

Not saying Liverpool will win the league this season but feel we have a much better chance of winning this season compared to the previous 18.

As a liverpool fan i feel we have had a gr8 start and we are top for the time being but we need to take each game as it comes and see where we are late March

My gut feeling is though we will drop points and start to full down the table as not consistent enough, draw to hull/fulham/west ham @ home is a fookin joke, we should be five points clear to b honest, never seem to take advantage of the chances we have..

Roll on May when season is over to see where we are....fingers crossed TOP
    WOW i am stunned a very neutral point from a liverpool fan I am surprised, but yeh I think you are right but I dont just see your boys dropping points through this season as united have shown (newcastle, and everton) and chelsea/arsenal doing the same, i would say it will be tight for this season but thats what makes it interesting and makes for good debates and arguments at work and in the pubs cuz rather than man u and chelsea fans arguing over who should be top we now have liverpool and arsenal in the mix, i know arsenal look like they are out of it but they along with liverpool have beaten man united and chelsea and will have a big say in who wins the title if they cant get themselves back into the race

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    Traditionally Liverpool always do well in the second part of the season. Its the first part they always seem to fook up on. Usually out of the race by November but here we are sitting at the top in December. If it wasnt for our form in the second half of the season we would have failed to qualify for the CL countless times in previous seasons. Just up to Liverpool now to follow tradition
    It doesn't really matter whether they do good or bad in the first or second half of the season they don't have the consistency to keep winning games over the entire season and thats the point.

It's the same with Arsenal after impressive victories over United and Chelsea they lost 2 nil to Burnley!

Everybody gets hyped up when a team wins over another big team but games are always unpredictable. Real quality shines through in terms of your performance throughout the season and the accumulated points.

If you remember last year the guys who were on the top of the table at around this time period lost both the Champions League and the Premier League.

Winning a game or two doesn't really mean anything but teams that have the depth and quality to be consistent enough over the entire season are extremely rare in world football.

Table position right now is irrelevant it really doesn't matter and it shows because only a few weeks ago Hull City was in third position and right now Aston Villa is only 1 point behind Arsenal.

Does that mean Hull City have any chance at all of winning the Premier league or Aston Villa have more chance of winning than Arsenal?

Ballack said it best when he said it's a two horse race. Teams of that quality are extremely rare in the world where they have so many quality players if their "star" player gets injured they have plenty more star players in their posession.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well im 50% happy after another not very convicing display we managed a win, Were fucked if we draw Utd and play like that in the Semi's though.............. Fucked i tell ya!

Fingers crossed for the draw, hope we avoid them until Wembley where JW can have a few words in Berbatoss' ear

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheFincher View Post
    Well im 50% happy after another not very convicing display we managed a win, Were fucked if we draw Utd and play like that in the Semi's though.............. Fucked i tell ya!

Fingers crossed for the draw, hope we avoid them until Wembley where JW can have a few words in Berbatoss' ear
    The draw will be fixed i think...may be wrong.

Man Utd v Spurs
    Burnley v Derby

One Championship team in the Final

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast