Close

Thread: Vets Fees !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Vets Fees !!!

Vets are cunts. That's plain and simple. They prey on the fact that you have a pet and you want to keep it healthy so they take the piss and rip you the fuck off like crazy.

My dog has a heart condition. He requires a Diuretic and an Ace inhibitor. With these meds, he's fine. These meds used to cost me around £13 per month in total for a months supply of each.

Recently, I decided to start getting them from an online vendor that requires a prescription in order to dispense. No problem, each month get a prescription from the vet, send a scan of it off to the company and for £7/month total, I get all the meds for the month - RESULT!

...Until the fucking Government decided to lift a 3 year block on charging for prescriptions ! Now my fucking vet wants a total of £11 for copies of the prescriptions. Add this onto the £7 and the total is £18 !!! How the fuck is that allowed? Forced to pay vets costs because they can charge extortionate fees for a prescription document.

What's worse is that when I conceded and asked how much it would cost me for the meds now directly from them, they told me £24 (£13.80 for one of the meds and £10.20 for the other (which was normally the more expensive one). When I asked why.. they told me that there's this "Cascade" law that states Vets MUST provide Vetinarary approved meds and not the human equivelents. FFS human equivelents are probably tested on animals anyway so what's the difference?

After kicking off at them, they miraculously found a different supplier and the overall charge is now £16. Not as bad but still a rip off !

What pisses me off even more is that

Frusemide (the Diuretic) was £0.04 per tablet online
    Fortekor (the ace inhibitor) was £0.40 per tablet online.
    Then there was a £1 delivery charge

Prior to getting the price down, the vet was going to charge me £0.92 per tablet for the frusemide. How the fuck can they do that when an online company can sell them for 4p each? Robbing cunts.

I can't fucking take him to the PDSA because I've got a job yet all the lazy cunts who can't be arsed getting a job (excluding those who are trying to get one), leech off the state get fucking Rottweilers, Great danes, Sharpei's, elephants and god knows what else and then get free fucking care and meds.

Fuckin joke

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Vets Fees !!!

The local dog pound should have a '1 in - 1 out' policy or 'swapsies' so you can take an unwanted (in your case sick) animal and exchange it for a brand new one. This will save people getting bored of their dogs and it's a simple solution to end the suffering of those dogs that are sick.

I did something similar wih a Bassett Hound I'd had for a while, he was looking old and tired so I retired him to a local pound. A few weeks later I went to the same pound and picked up a schnauzer puppy and he's a fucking bundle of fun.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL he's not really sick mate. Just has a heart condition which he's had for about 6 years now. It's all kept in check with the meds and he bounces around like a pup as well... but the vets take the piss

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    The local dog pound should have a '1 in - 1 out' policy or 'swapsies' so you can take an unwanted (in your case sick) animal and exchange it for a brand new one. This will save people getting bored of their dogs and it's a simple solution to end the suffering of those dogs that are sick.

I did something similar wih a Bassett Hound I'd had for a while, he was looking old and tired so I retired him to a local pound. A few weeks later I went to the same pound and picked up a schnauzer puppy and he's a fucking bundle of fun.
    i can believe u done that my u heartless cunt but on the up side u saved a fortune.. and the price vet cost they can kiss my ass they just prey on cuntz like me who get to attach to there pets
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post

Baring in mind that "basset hound" is CJs pet name for his life partner Trevor, that last sentence takes on a whole new meaning.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have to agree with the cost of the vets, but is the insurance that takes the piss, i pay more a month for the dog than i do for my car.

Ins started off at £7.50 a month now it £43.00. i have had one large claim just over £1500.00 for an emergency op because my dog urinal path got blocked with stones and we couldn't piss.

Fucking nightmare we had to piss out if an open wound for 2 weeks untill it heald up and the stones had cleared, every time he got up the wound had filled with blood and went every where.

At the moment his medication only costs about £13 for three months.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know someone who takes frusemide themselves. I took a packet of the frusemide I got from the vets over and compared the strips. FUCKING IDENTICAL!!

So it just proves that's what is fine for humans, is fine for animals. The outer packaging was different but the bubble strip was identical. The dosage identical as well. Now, this person had packets of frusemide in abundance. Kept on being given extra packs by the doctor.

I've just been given 12 months worth of frusemide (good up until August 2010) for nothing and I know it's safe to give my dog. That's going to save me shit loads and as law states, you do not legally require a prescription for frusemide, there'll be no issue.

Like I'm going to tell them where I got them anyway

One over the vets.

All this bullshit about "Vets approved" meds when they're still giving the same stuff as they give to humans. That there really is exploitation. Twats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

One of our kids left the hamsters cage open and conveniently for the hamster my bird walked in to rescue it from the jaws of our staffy.The Hamster had a broken leg and it ended up costing about £75 to sort it out at the vets.I told my bird to just bin it and get a new one for about a fiver but you know how women are.