Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech 307 Particle Filter

Has anyone any info on what Peugeot call a Particle Filter fitted to 1.6 and 2.0l diesel HDI engines in the 307 range?
    I have heard of quotes between £300 and £800 to rplace it and as I am looking for one for my wife I am trying to get some tech info thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 307 Particle Filter

It's basically a filter that cuts down on the soot that comes out when you put the foot down on a diesel engine.

VW, Audi and Seat have started using them and they seem to cause more problems than they are worth... When I spoke to a rep from Miltek recently they advised removing it but thats then followed with the problem of warning lights etc.

Not relevant, but I have a friend with a 1.6 HDI 307 and he's been far from impressed with the power and fuel consumption from it, he claims his old 206 2.0 HDI was a lot better. I don't know if thats a factor on the purchase though ... just something I thought I'd highlight he said - I love my diesel engines!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Re: 307 Particle Filter

Thanks, Yes I was told the 2.0 was the one to go for and the 110 bhp rather than the 90bhp but the fuel consumption on both 16 and 2.0l sems ver similar.
    Has anyone changed one of these filters? is it a dealer only job?
    I was also told there is a fliud sprayed into the filter from time to time and a regeneration sequence involving driving at over 55mph for 15 mins for it to kick in, can anyone confirm that?, thanks for your input

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

When the filter gets blocked which is measured by a differential pressure sensor it will go into regen. It can only do this on a steady run, not around town. An injection pule is fired after combustion which ignites in the exhaust and burns off the deposits in the filter. Can also be forced to go into this mode with dealer tools so it can be done in the garage. The filter needs to get up to about 600C to burn off the deposits.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does this mean that instead of paying £300 plus it is possible to regen. the filter without too much fuss even if the car has gone into limp mode ie only drives below 2000 rpm?

Some peaople must be paying for replacements that are not needed, would it stop you from buying a 307 if the filter had not been replaced after say 120,000 miles? do they have a 'life' like a cat?

Thanks for the info

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

On the VAG engines, I'm sure in the handbook it says something like when the light comes on to drive at 2000RPM for four minutes or something like that.