Nicola McLean voted off 'I'm A Celeb'

Tuesday, December 2 2008, 22:05 GMT
By Beth Hilton, Entertainment Reporter
ITV

Nicola McLean has become the seventh contestant to leave I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.

The glamour model was eliminated from the ITV1 show after polling the least number of votes from the public.

Ant and Dec gathered the remaining contestants in the camp to reveal the latest evictee, telling them that the losing person would be either Nicola, Simon Webbe or George Takei.

Speaking after crossing the bridge, Nicola said she was "super-excited" to be heading home to her son and fiancé.

"I will not lie, I was in it to win it," she said. "This is the toughest thing I've ever done."

However, she admitted that she was frustrated to be voted out before David Van Day, saying: "I was gutted that I didn't outlast David, though. Oh my Lordy, what are the public thinking?"

Talking about David's admission that he was playing a game, she commented: "As soon as he walked in, I disliked him and I disliked Timmy. And I know I was harsh, but that's how I'd be in the outside world.

"The worst of it is that [David] knew Joe was favourite to win so he came in and he targeted Joe and he tried to split up the camp. And he did it, so fair play to him... I don't mind that, it's just the extent of the nastiness behind it."

Asked who she would like to win, the 27-year-old responded: "Simon. No, Joe. Martina!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/celebrit...m-a-celeb.html