They Live is a f@cking classic film... how dare they try to remake it... there must be no ideas out there anymore...

Instead of dishing out a complete article for each and every one of these painful Hollywood remakes today, I thought I'd throw them together into one big article. That way you can minimize your anger and frustration at Hollywood and save your energy for other more worthwhile things. Fox is remaking Romancing the Stone, a 1984 adventure romance, with Daniel McDermott set to write. British comedian Russell Brand will remake Arthur, a 1981 comedy that starred Dudley Moore, for Warner Brothers. And lastly, Universal is remaking John Carpenter's 1988 film They Live, but doesn't have a writer on board yet.

The one that really interests me is They Live, which was part sci-fi thriller and part social satire, about a construction worker that finds sunglasses that let him see aliens walking among us and controlling humanity. It's known for a five minute fight scene and the line, "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass… and I'm all out of bubblegum." My worry is that this seems like a task as monumental as remaking Army of Darkness - and I hope they don't screw it up. Neither Romancing the Stone or Arthur deserve any more mention than they've already received, as I expect them to be forgettable remakes