Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Well done to Carl Froch and Amir Khan.

Just watched these fight's and they were both excellent,Khan doing well after coming back from his defeat showing excellent speed and defense even though they will question his chin i'm sure people will agree that his fight's will allway's be exciting and Froch for a brilliant slug fest with Pascal and a worthy winner of a world title.

Thanks
    Karma Level

result Re: Well done to Carl Froch and Amir Khan.

Fuck Khan but very well done Froch a first class battle by two first class boxers.

Froch wins thriller to take title

By Ben Dirs

Froch (left) found Pascal an obdurate opponent

Carl Froch claimed the WBC super-middleweight title with a thrilling points victory over Canada's Jean Pascal in his home town of Nottingham.
    After one of the finest world title contests ever seen in Britain, Froch was awarded the fight 118-110, 117-111, 116-112 by the three judges.
    Both men showed tremendous punch resistance and Pascal had plenty of success with his overhand right.
    But Froch slowly wore Pascal down with his jab and ended up a clear winner.
    Froch, 31, charged from his corner on hearing the opening bell and had Pascal sagging on the ropes and covering up with a two-fisted attack.
    However, the 26-year-old Pascal gathered himself and stunned Froch with a big right before skimming the Englishman's whiskers with a wild left hook.
    Froch stiffened Pascal with a right cross just before the bell, but Pascal came roaring back in round two, getting through his opponent's defences with some solid left-right combinations.
    Both men were swinging away when the bell sounded and round three continued in the same vein, with Froch discovering his jab and rocking Pascal with a big left hook.
    However, it was becoming clear that the tank-like Pascal was in for the long haul, and after a quiet opening to the fourth both men engaged in a wild exchange, landing with lefts and rights at will.
    With Froch's left hand slung low by his waste, Pascal continued to get through with combinations in round five and connected with a huge right after the bell, which incensed Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy.
    However, the referee declined to deduct a point and Pascal landed with a big left hook at the start of the sixth, followed by a booming right.
    Froch got back in the round with the use of his jab and he shook the Montreal native with a left-right combination.
    Pascal suddenly looked tired in round seven, with Froch slowly breaking his resistance with his stiff jab and granite-like chin.
    Froch pierced Pascal's guard with a big uppercut and opened up towards the end of the round as his opponent flagged, strafing Pascal with lightning lefts and rights.
    Pascal's work was looking more and more desperate in round eight, with the Canadian throwing wild, single shots, although he did manage to open up a cut under Froch's left eye.
    Pascal hurt Froch with a peach of a left hook at the start of round nine, but Froch had his rival hanging onto his waste at the bell.
    With both men nearly spent, the final three rounds descended into something of a slugfest, but Froch's chin held up and it was Pascal who looked close to disintegration.
    But the tremendously-game visitor hung on to the final bell, only for the judges to award the fight to Froch by a wide margin. Froch, a former British and Commonwealth champion, is now unbeaten in 24 pro fights with 19 knockouts, while Pascal falls to 21 wins and one defeat. The nature of Froch's victory, shown on terrestrial television, could make Joe Calzaghe, a former owner of the WBC super-middleweight belt, consider a match-up next summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7761323.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Well done to Carl Froch and Amir Khan.

Didn't watch Kahn but its sounds like his usual complete mismatch and lets talk him up shit again .

Khan knocks out Fagan on comeback

Khan looked in fantastic shape as he powered his way to victory

Amir Khan bounced back from his first professional defeat with a second-round knockout of Oisin Fagan at the ExCeL Arena on Saturday.
    Khan, 21, put down his Irish opponent twice in the opening round and the punishment continued thereafter.
    The Bolton lightweight dominated his with a series of fine combinations and rarely let Fagan breach his defence.
    With Fagan failing to cope with Khan's power, the bout was stopped after one minute, 27 seconds of round two.
    Fagan required oxygen treatment in his corner after what was a brutally one-sided contest.
    It was Khan's 19th win in 20 fights and earned the Olympic silver medallist the vacant WBA international lightweight championship.
    Khan, with his hands always close to his chin, used the ring to make himself an elusive target in the opening round as he found Fagan freely with his jab.

My team told me to pace myself, not to go for the knockout, that it would come itself - that's what I did

Amir Khan

A strong right hand floored Fagan, who looked in serious trouble as Khan continued to land at will.
    Fagan went down for a second time amid a flurry of punches and although he was saved by the bell, more punishment followed in an utterly one-sided second and the fight was over.
    Khan has been training with Freddie Roach in the United States since his first-round demolition by Colombian Breidis Prescott in September and it looks as though the work is starting to pay off.
    "I knew where I went wrong against Breidis Prescott," said Khan "Fagan is a fighter who doesn't go down. Look at his record, I don't think anyone has done that to him.
    "My team told me to pace myself, not to go for the knockout, that it would come itself. That's what I did. 606: DEBATE

Khan was levels above the opponent, but that was impressive control

beachendcentre

"I said whoever I was going to fight, that I was going to be the worst opponent they can have.
    "I was a bit more nervous than normal but I was relaxed and chilled out.
    "It was another day at the office. I know how good I am and I'm not going to make the same mistakes again." Oklahoma-based Fagan arrived with just 13 knockouts from his 22 victories and was not expected to provide too vigorous an examination of Khan's chin, over which doubts had been raised following the Prescott defeat. And the predictions proved correct as the 34-year-old was sent tumbling to the canvas twice before referee Mickey Vann had seen enough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7767297.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Harrison should knock it onthe head as hes not got the class.

Harrison loses to Rogan on points

Rogan increasingly caught Harrison as the fight went on

Audley Harrison was outpointed by Martin Rogan at London's ExCeL Arena, casting doubts over the former Olympic champion's future in boxing.
    Referee Ian John-Lewis scored the 10-round encounter 96-95.
    The 37-year-old Harrison, a gold medallist in Sydney in 2000, has now suffered four losses as a professional.
    Rogan, also 37, won the heavyweight Prizefighter tournament earlier this year and is unbeaten in 11 bouts, while Harrison falls to 23 wins in 27 fights.
    Harrison landed freely with his right hand in the second round but Rogan turned things around with his crude style. The Belfast cabbie then stunned the Wembley southpaw with a left hook in the fourth and Harrison's negative tactics invited Rogan on. Rogan connected with a good right uppercut in the seventh and had his man reeling with another in the eighth, prompting jeers from the crowd.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7769686.stm

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I enjoyed the Froch Pascal fight, one of the best i've seen for a long time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

go rogie he lives 3 streets away from me

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Khan needs more than these 'sparring' boxers in the ring or he will lose a lot of followers. Froch and Pascal was the best I've seen in a long while, it reminded me of the classic Eubank/Benn fights, quality boxing.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Froch fight was brilliant. Not in the class of Calzaghe tbh but the fight itself was brilliant. Reminded me of the old Benn Eubank wars