We have newly installed phone line with a number of secondary sockets. The only phone we ever got to work here is a single digital cordless (BT Spirit 3000). When we try to install any digital phone base with extra phones - we find the phone works fine to dial out. But will not ring when it is receiving incoming calls. We have tried both the BT Verve 450 and the iDect set of 3.

BT are clueless. They say our line is fine. We have broadband on it, plus SKY and a burglar alarm - don't know if this is the problem. I KNOW that somewhere out there is a very wise BT person who knows the answer. But in the meantime I get the very lovely but useless lady in Mumbai.

A few people have suggested that the frequency of our digital phones maybe the problem. Obviously they have a wireless function (to speak to the extra phones from the base) and I wonder is this interfered with by our WiFi broadband? Alas, there is no way of changing the frequency of the phone (haven't looked at our router yet).

Any help gratefully appreciated as this is driving me nuts. We have an old house on different levels and using only one phone (when you are 8.5 months pregnant) is becoming more and more unfeasible!

Cheers