Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Time for Liz to dig deep?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Bollocks. They get to see if the queen's in buck palace by whether the standard is flying
    I think they may have stopped that due to security reasons. Although I think she still hangs out her neapolitan stained underbangers from the back window for a good old airing when she's at home.
    Last edited by gingerninja; 12th December 2008 at 02:11 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've often wondered about this, the pros and cons of having a monarchy. And despite all the obvious answers the one thought that I keep coming back to is they are there not by right but by default.

Sure Queenie didn't ask for the job she was born into it, but if it was up to me I'd evict them. The monarchy are the root of histories problems, they are morally corrupt and detached from reality. I did ponder wether a monarch should replace parliament ala a dictator, but it would just be the same thing. Recent events like the spog going out dressed as a nazi, whilst not wanting to appear sensationalist like the tabloids is a slur on the millions of people who died in the War.

History teaches us one thing , we cant change it but we can learn from it, and we have never as a society benefited from a monarchy, get rid I say. Is parliament the answer...no, career polititians are not the answer either, think about it we have the house of lords and the house of commons .... commoners eh .

Great civilisations have risen and fallen due to power, greed and corruption and I think the only way to change it is this

Instead of voting for people, people from the community should be nominated, ie people you know from your community should be put forward, we all know decent honest people who could do the job, get the best minds for the job, not the people who think they should do it, pay them well for doing so, but we hook them at a moments notice if the descend into the usual politics . Every major decision to be put to a national vote its easy to do with broadband

well its an idea anyway

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pumpman View Post
    Every major decision to be put to a national vote its easy to do with broadband
    I'm sorry to say this, but the masses are asses. If everything were put up for a "free vote" most would act in their own self-interest e.g. lower taxes, end to all foreign aid, 35 hour week etc.. Its good that we have politicians who are influenced by their constiuents but still able to make independent decisions.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

The sooner that ugly old bitch dies of cancer, the better.
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -AMO- View Post
    I love how you sugar coated that statement mate

I agree with you. Unelected spongers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

she's a crusty wrinkled old slag and she doesn't deserve a penny of the publics money. She is a lazy old cunt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's a few out-dated institutions in the world that don't really seem to evolve with society, not just the monarchy, but the likes of the Vatican. I can see why some people enjoy them being here, but I personally feel they are hanging on by their very history and not much else.

I know the argument about their income V revenue generated stands to an extent, but we aren't all that 'British' anymore, we are a multi cultural society and the royal family has been a mish mash of people from various countries for centuries as well anyway.

If you look at the likes of outsiders getting into the fold by Princes etc. marrying 'ordinary' people, look at the shit they get from the family because they aren't of royal descent.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -AMO- View Post
    You must be the only person in this country that's looking forward to King Charles III... I wonder if he'll pass away like his two predecessors... lol

It wouldn't surprise me if the queen was already dead tbh, preserved in formaldahyde and animated by mechanics... All part of her plot to keep Charlie off the throne... go queenie!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    There's a few out-dated institutions in the world that don't really seem to evolve with society, not just the monarchy, but the likes of the Vatican.
    I'd say that's cause society is evolving in a bad way. Crime is higher, divorce is higher, kids are having sex younger and getting into gang culture, mothers having child benefit carrears. Sometimes even though things may seem old fashioned the fact is the country was better for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12