Thats 4 less cnut chav scum off the streets/roads

Published Date: 11 December 2008

FOUR people were killed when a car crashed into a fish and chip shop in Bradford and burst into flames early today. Police have so far declined to comment on reports that the car was being chased by officers when it careered off the road.
A police watchdog has been called in to investigate the circumstances of the crash at 4.25am on Killinghall Road, in the Laisterdyke area of the city.

Local reports told of a large explosion when the Subaru car crashed into the Killinghall Fisheries - part of which has collapsed.

Police cordoned off a large stretch of Killinghall Road around the semi-demolished takeaway, and fire engines and police cars were parked inside the taped-off zone.

West Yorkshire Police confirmed the Subaru had been reported stolen and said one police officer on the scene pulled a victim from the burning vehicle after the crash in a life-saving attempt.

Chief Superintendent Alison Rose said: "A Subaru car, which is believed to have been stolen last night in the Daisy Hill area of Bradford, was in collision with a commercial premise.

"An officer at the scene pulled one person from the burning car, but they died at the scene.

"A further three people from the car also died at the scene."

Local resident Zac Hussein, who witnessed the crash, said: "My friend and I were sat in the car and we saw police cars moving up the street in a rolling road block.

"They were moving slowly up the road at least two or three abreast. Then they moved past where we were parked and no more than eight seconds later we heard a crash and then almost instantly there was this huge fireball."

Mr Hussein said within seconds of the accident there were at least eight police cars on the scene, including one unmarked silver car containing what he believed to be a detective.

Mohammed Shaban, 32, the owner of the Killinghall Fisheries, said he believed the car drove into the corner of the building where the gas mains supply was situated.

"There were four people in the car and I think they lost control and hit the side of the building. Because of where they hit the building, there was a gas explosion and I heard they all died at the scene. It's very sad. It's bad for me because it affects my business, but it's extremely sad that lives have been lost."

A police spokesman said inquiries were going on but no further details were available. The Independent Police Complaints Commission has been notified about the incident.

The spokesman said: "The IPCC have been notified because police were in the area at the time."

Police said inquiries into the collision were ongoing and the IPCC were attending the scene to make an assessment.

Source:http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...way.4782945.jp